• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there a bus from AK directly to MK?

Disneycrazymom

DIS Veteran
I want to go from Animal Kingdom at closing to Magic Kingdom. What is the best way to get from AK to MK? Is there a direct bus and if so where would it be? Thanks much!

Pretty sure there is a bus... most of the parks have park-to-park transportation. As you exit AK there is a board that says which stop number is going to what location.

Easiest I would say would be bus to the Contemporary and then walk to Magic Kingdom, about a 10 minute walk.

Yes there is a bus that runs between the parks. It will drop off at the TTC and you can take the monorail or the ferry to MK. The PP is correct about bus to CR and then walking to MK or you could take the monorail but that would take longer.

There is not a direct Bus from Animal Kingdom to Magic Kingdom per se.:)

The Bus from Animal Kingdom only goes to the TTC.From there you would need to Ferry or Monorail to Magic Kingdom.:)

There is not a direct Bus from Animal Kingdom to Magic Kingdom per se.:)

The Bus from Animal Kingdom only goes to the TTC.From there you would need to Ferry or Monorail to Magic Kingdom.:)

Actually the buses do drop you off in front of MK, you only need the Ferry or Monorail if you drive yourself.

Thanks so much! I think we will plan on the Contemporary and walking. I will be sure to ask as we leave if there is a direct bus. If my choice is walk from the contemporary or the ticket and transfer I'll walk as I think it is faster!

Actually the buses do drop you off in front of MK, you only need the Ferry or Monorail if you drive yourself.
That is true for the WDW Resort Buses,but the Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios routes only got to the TTC.:)

I think the advice about taking a Contemporary Resort Bus and walking from there to Magic Kingdom is the best option.:)

The buses from AK and Studios run to the TTC only, not the MK. I rode one last week, Im positive.

The buses from AK and Studios run to the TTC only, not the MK. I rode one last week, Im positive.

I apologize, I must be mistaken... I could have sworn that the bus I took from AK took me right to MK. My mistake.

I apologize, I must be mistaken... I could have sworn that the bus I took from AK took me right to MK. My mistake.
No problem!:)It does get confusing!:)(It is also "possible" that for some reason,the Driver that day DID go to the MK Depot,but that would be EXTREMELY rare-it is not a "regular" route.:)

Some other "confusing" things about Disney Bus Transportation is that there are no Bus routes from Magic Kingdom,the Magic Kingdom Resorts or the TTC to Epcot-it is Monorail only and there are no Bus routes from the Crescent Lake Resorts to Epcot's Main Gate-it is walk or Boat to the International Gateway only.:)

No problem!:)It does get confusing!:)(It is also "possible" that for some reason,the Driver that day DID go to the MK Depot,but that would be EXTREMELY rare-it is not a "regular" route.:)

Yes, very unusual.

But one day, we were aboard a bus from DAK headed to TTC, and I just asked the driver if he would take us directly to the MK gates... and he did!

(There can be the possibility of little bits of "magic" at WDW.)

Yes, very unusual.

But one day, we were aboard a bus from DAK headed to TTC, and I just asked the driver if he would take us directly to the MK gates... and he did!

(There can be the possibility of little bits of "magic" at WDW.)

Maybe he liked your smile :) Or did you offer him one of your maps? ;)

Yes there is a direct bus from Animal Kingdom or from the Studios to Magic Kingdom if you consider "Are we there yet?" yes when you arrive at the parking lot concourse (TTC).

Now note that you boarded the bus at or near AK's parking lot concourse. And the Epcot monorail runs directly from Epcot's parking lot concourse to MK's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter