Is theme park parking still free when staying onsite?

dpic

DIS Veteran
Hi:

I was just was listening to the July 16th Dis podcast (email edition @ the 35 minute mark), and John said "[parking] is not included in park admission and/or the price of staying at a resort. The only way to get free parking is having an annual pass."

I haven't been to WDW in 3 years, but parking at the theme parks has always been free when staying at the resorts. Has this changed?

Thanks.

That information is not correct - on site guests get free parking at the parks.

That information is not correct - on site guests get free parking at the parks.
Thanks. I emailed the podcast, and, amazingly, John responded that it was, indeed a boo-boo. Which is good, I always rent and drive to the parks. So, if anyone else caught that podcast, it was a mistake--parking is still free for onsite guests.

And if you don't listen to the podcasts--you should give it a try! They're great. It's run by Pete and the rest of the fine DisPeople with help from DreamsUnlimited. Check out the DisUnplugged.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-podcast/

Yep - Definately free :) A great savings when you stay a long time. Course we always have AP's so it doesn't really matter. Its just nice having the resort paper on your dash and not having to pull out your AP each time you go through parking.

Glad to hear this, I was just told yesterday by a CM that parking is not free and that we had to ride the bus or pay.

Bumping this thread, can anyone tell me if parking is still free if staying on resort? Also what is needed when you park? Room Key Etc?

Bumping this thread, can anyone tell me if parking is still free if staying on resort? Also what is needed when you park? Room Key Etc?
Yes it is still included. You are giving a parking permit to be displayed on dashboard that gives the name of your resort and you stay dates. If you go to a theme park after you check out, it is still good on your day of check out until mid-night (we've done that a couple of times).

Theme Park Parking Lots are also free for guests of the Swan Resort and the Dolphin Resort. Just show your room key (I think you don't get a paper pass). Many people don't know that perk from S/D.

Theme Park Parking Lots are also free for guests of the Swan Resort and the Dolphin Resort.

I thought the Swan and Dolphin resorts had fees for parking there? If so, that's kind of ironic -- you have to pay to park at the resort but not the parks! :rotfl:

I thought the Swan and Dolphin resorts had fees for parking there? If so, that's kind of ironic -- you have to pay to park at the resort but not the parks! :rotfl:

I see the irony of the self-parking charge vs free theme park parking. I have stayed there and choked down the Dolphin parking lot fee. Really, Disney does the same thing. But instead of itemizing the parking fee, it's just included in the overall per room price. Seems nicer that way, however to Dolphin/Swan visitors without a car, they believe they are saving a "fee." It's all just marketing psychology, to me.

From allears.net: http://allears.net/acc/faq_dol.htm

Since the Dolphin isn't a Disney Resort, do I still get the Disney resort amenities?

Guests at the Dolphin enjoy many of the same amenities as Disney-operated resort guests. A stay at the Dolphin includes WDW transportation to all Disney attractions, theme park free parking, guaranteed park admission, package delivery to your hotel from the parks, preferred tee times, access to theme park Extra Magic Hours, and access to guest services. If you're staying at the Dolphin you can also purchase your Disney tickets right there at their guest services desk.

I'd like to be the 73rd person to say yes, it is still free.

It's still free now, too. :upsidedow

The original posts were from 2008, so I think the poster before you was justified in updating that it was still valid. A lot can change in 3 years.

Yes it is still included. You are giving a parking permit to be displayed on dashboard that gives the name of your resort and you stay dates. If you go to a theme park after you check out, it is still good on your day of check out until mid-night (we've done that a couple of times).

Is this true even if you just stay onsite for 1 night? We are staying offsite with our timeshare but planning to go down a day early and need only 1 night somewhere. Thinking of Pop Century. I realize we would only be saving $14 in parking for one day, and we could find something roomier for less, but I'd still like to stay on property for one night since this is our first WDW trip.

Is this true even if you just stay onsite for 1 night? We are staying offsite with our timeshare but planning to go down a day early and need only 1 night somewhere. Thinking of Pop Century. I realize we would only be saving $14 in parking for one day, and we could find something roomier for less, but I'd still like to stay on property for one night since this is our first WDW trip.

You'd get free parking for 2 days. The day you check-in and the day you check-out. They will look at the dates on your pass, so it won't be good the day after your Disney check-out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter