• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is the Yachtsman Steakhouse really that good?

centurythree

DIS Veteran
I just heard Kevin from the Dis Podcast's second review of the Yachtsman Steakhouse. His review was fantastic, but I'm wondering what other people's experiences have been.

Thanks in advance!

Our (multiple) experience at YSH has been as good as Kevin's report. We've always enjoyed great service, food and wine there.

We've got a favorite server there, Oscar, who we always enjoy talking with. Trouble is, another of our favored servers recently moved from AP (where she was called Pok) to YSH (where she is known as Yun) so now we are torn on who to ask for when we go there for dinner.

As Keven said, the pull apart onion rolls are to die for.

We have enjoyed our many meals here also. The masses can keep Le Cellier and we'll continue to enjoy YSH.

Yes! We eat there every trip. The filet is better than the one at LeCellier IMO.....We just had another great meal there on 12/15.....

I just heard Kevin from the Dis Podcast's second review of the Yachtsman Steakhouse. His review was fantastic, but I'm wondering what other people's experiences have been.

Thanks in advance!

We have eaten at the Yachtsman Steakhouse many times over the years and if you are looking for the best steakhouse experiance that you can have using the DDP or the DDE then I would agree to give the Yachtsman a try.

If you are looking for the best Steakhouse experiance on property period than Shula's Steakhouse located inside the Dolphin is the place to go.

I really loved our meal there in April but DH was not so thrilled. He prefers Jiko

We have enjoyed our many meals here also. The masses can keep Le Cellier and we'll continue to enjoy YSH.

Um.... no..... *cough, cough* YSH is terrible...... Le Cellier is much better, keep going everyone.

No really, it was very good. Definitely signature worthy.

Kevin's PodCast report (12/24/2008) is right on the money. Yes money is correct but the food and service match the cost. Don't expect a quick meal, plan to stay awhile and enjoy the atmosphere and the company of your friends and family. They have a great menu for kids also so don't leave them out. It is a high-end type of restaurant, not coat and tie, but it could be if necessary.

Enjoy... :thumbsup2

Also see this thread on The Best Steak In DW: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2037247

It is quite good. Probably our favorite place to eat on property. We prefer it over the "big" chains such as Morton's and Ruth's Chris. The service has typically been very good, the prices do not seem inflated when compared to similar types of restaurants "in the real world", the only issue I have is with the desserts which I haven't much cared for.

Thanks in advance!

YES!!!

Call me crazy, but I get the feeling that people kinda like Yachtsman Steakhouse. ;)

I'll go ahead and drop a couple of breakfasts (we can use our snack credits for those days) and make reservations as soon as I can. Thanks so much everyone!

Be careful reading all the hype here on the DIS so that your expectations stay in line;) We ate at Yachtsman last week as our final dinner and I was kinda let down. I had eaten here years ago, and I remembered it being much smaller and quieter, perhaps memory failed me on that one. I had also told my wife several times during the trip how they bring out these awesome sliced pods of garlic and you can scoop the cloves right out for your bread. Needless to say it was a let down when the garlic came out in a tin cup and looked like it came off the topping bar at Starlight Cafe. Small thing I know, but it was one of the touches I remembered that made Yachtsman seem special.

Now dont get me wrong, it was a very good meal and I'm sure we will go back. It just didnt live up to the what I thought was portrayed here on the DIS and in my memory. Perhaps I was expecting too much, but I just walked away feeling like it wasnt much better than my local Outback.

We ate at the Yachtsmen steakhouse in November, and out of 3 adults none of us enjoyed our meal. Our steaks were not cooked properly, and my husbands was full of gristle. Probably it was an off night, but we won't go back for awhile.

It used to be uniformly great. Then about 5 years ago, when the DDP started, there was a huge dive in quality.

We went back in Feb. and the food was great, the service mixed.

I have had 4 amazing meals there in the past 4 years. I plan to go again this summer. LOVE it! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter