• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is the weather rougher than normal?

ybcart7

Mouseketeer
I am reading these posts and it seems like the weather at sea is a little rougher than it normally is. Getting a little nervous about our trip....looking forward to some warm weather -- tired of about 4 ft of snow in my yard...and piles and piles of it everywhere....want warmth, sunshine & palm trees!!! (and of course umbrella drinks!! :banana:

I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. I'm from South Florida and we go back every spring for a vacation. It's usually windy, and it's cool at night, but otherwise they weather is great.

It's true that we're getting cold front after cold front and one is coming in tomorrow. But I really think you'll be fine. I hope you have a fantastic cruise.

:)

I was on th 2/13 Magic and it was very rough. You can buy some dramamine and seabands before you go (just in case) or wait and buy them on board in the gift shop. Hopefully you won't need them!

January and February are usually a bit rough, but this year seems worse than most. We tend to wait until March for our annual cruise, although this year we pushed it out until April. I'm hoping it's much warmer and the seas are calmer by then. :)

Just got off the Magic on Saturday and it was ROLLING and rockin like crazy!! During the shows you could see the back curtians swaying from side to side- this winter has been off the wall everywhere- warm where it should be cold, cold where it should be warm- the crew said they have had 5 straight weeks of bad weather...

I am reading these posts and it seems like the weather at sea is a little rougher than it normally is. Getting a little nervous about our trip....looking forward to some warm weather -- tired of about 4 ft of snow in my yard...and piles and piles of it everywhere....want warmth, sunshine & palm trees!!! (and of course umbrella drinks!! :banana:

I have to agree.. just got off the 2/20 Magic and it was definitely rocking and rolling. Was my 5th cruise and by far the most I have felt like I was a movin and a groovin almost the entire time! I would def have dramamine in my system from the get go! :-) :woohoo:

We got back 2/25 from the Wonder and had mixed weather but the seas weren't bad. Our last night was a little wavier than earlier but nothing terrible. I guess the trip out right after us was much rougher.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter