• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is the Toy Story ride still really busy?

I just got back from WDW and We got to the park about 30 minutes early, we were pretty close to the front for rope drop and we rushed to TSM, by the time we got there I had to wait about 5 minutes in line for fastpasses and then we waited about 20 minutes in line for the ride. Had we not wanted to get fastpasses we probably would have gotten on the rise within 5 minutes but it was pretty crazy. I think it does die down though because by the time we got off the ride the wait was only about 40 minutes and the fastpasses were at about noon, so maybe rushing there isn't that necessary.

Has anyone used a Guest Assistance Card for this ride? My son is in love with Toy Story & he has autism. There is no way he could ever wait in line that long & he won't be able to be at a rope drop and run to a ride like that.

We will be starting our WDW vaca on Monday, but I think we are planning DHS for mid-week sometime.

Thanks!

Check your private messages.

We are doing a long weekend at DW and only have a 1/2 day scheduled for HS. Are the lines any shorter during Fantasmic???:confused3 Thanks!

We were there on June 20th and around 8 PM - 9 PM the stand-by line for TSM was about 40 min. I think it does get shorter around Fantasmic. Tower of Terror has been a walk-on the past two times we've gone while the 9 PM Fantasmic is playing. And this is in June.

My friend is going to Disney with her DH and 2 sons for the first time ever. She will arrive on the 15 and plans to go to DHS for this ride first thing. I tried my best to warn her about the crowds and mad rush, but I really hope she's it not traumatized by her first Disney experience. :rotfl:

We arrived around Noon and DS15 ran to get FP....our FP time was 8:55-9:30 p.m.! The good thing though, when we went to ride around 9:30 p.m. the lines were very short and when we got out, it was close to 10 p.m., but the CM's let us run back in line to ride again. No wait and our family was one of last people on this ride! It was a lot of fun! :thumbsup2

If you have an iPhone, there is a ToyStory Mania App you can purchase. Not as good as the real ride, but you can keep the spirit of this ride with you as you play!

We arrived around Noon and DS15 ran to get FP....our FP time was 8:55-9:30 p.m.! The good thing though, when we went to ride around 9:30 p.m. the lines were very short and when we got out, it was close to 10 p.m., but the CM's let us run back in line to ride again. No wait and our family was one of last people on this ride! It was a lot of fun! :thumbsup2

If you have an iPhone, there is a ToyStory Mania App you can purchase. Not as good as the real ride, but you can keep the spirit of this ride with you as you play!

There is also a verison of TSM for the Wii.

But it's harder to play in line, as you have to not only bring your own Wii with you, you also need to bring a TV, and finding a spot to plug it in while waiting isn't easy (believe me I know, I will never bring mine again).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter