is the skywriter still around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of proves the point that the reaction from the religious right would be similar annoyance if something were being written about another religion/belief.

So not a troll. How about writer who has written quite a lot of Disney articles for various travel outlets and peruses the Dis to get ideas for new articles? Not to mention a diehard Disney fan.
Troll does not equal one who does not share your beliefs

I never said what my beliefs are, you clearly did in a very strong tone and since then this thread has become very heated and off topic.

Happy Ostara! (which is where Easter came from, BTW)

Happy Ostara! (which is where Easter came from, BTW)

"Happy Passover! (Look up "last supper" my Christian friends)"

"Happy Ostara! (which is where Easter came from, BTW)"

I am extremely offended by being subjected to reading these remarks! You guys have SO ruined the vacation I am planning!!!

If that sounds ridiculous, it is exactly what some have been saying about reading the sky writing.;)

I am extremely offended by being subjected to reading these remarks! You guys have SO ruined the vacation I am planning!!!

If that sounds ridiculous, it is exactly what some have been saying about reading the sky writing.;)
It is ridiculous and the fact that you attempted to make a connection between the two proves that you just don't get it. Your point it moot. No one made you open this thread. No one forced you to read what I wrote. You can easily put me on "ignore" and not read what I have to say. Those of us who are annoyed by the Jesus Jet cannot do that as his skywriting is in clear view (see post #152 and #153 for some fine examples). I can't look away and THAT is the problem. I am forced to view his message. Am I offended by the message? No. I am offended by the delivery and the arrogance of the pilot who has the compulsion to proselytize to unwilling people.

No one is forcing you to go to WDW if it bothers you that much!
I am exposed to messages everyday that I don't agree with. That's one of the effects of living in a country where you have the freedom to express your views, whether anyone else likes them or not. I am a Christian and agree with the message. However, even if the sky writer was writing "All Hail Satan" I wouldn't protest his right to do it. If I wanted a picture, I would wait until the smoke cleared. If my children asked about it, I would explain what it meant and why we don't agree with the message. This is America, the greatest country in the world as far as freedoms go. Along with the good, you also get the bad, which in your opinion would be this message. I personally am much more bothered by the Westboro bunch picketing at soldiers' funerals and the KKK group coming to our city next month, than a message written in the sky for a few minutes that I don't agree with.

Puhleeze!
I am offended by the stinky woman behind me during the parade. Is is worth 230 posts on the DIS? I think not

No one is forcing you to go to WDW if it bothers you that much!
Please. Your arguments are getting lamer all the time.

I am exposed to messages everyday that I don't agree with. That's one of the effects of living in a country where you have the freedom to express your views, whether anyone else likes them or not. I am a Christian and agree with the message. However, even if the sky writer was writing "All Hail Satan" I wouldn't protest his right to do it. If I wanted a picture, I would wait until the smoke cleared. If my children asked about it, I would explain what it meant and why we don't agree with the message. This is America, the greatest country in the world as far as freedoms go. Along with the good, you also get the bad, which in your opinion would be this message. I personally am much more bothered by the Westboro bunch picketing at soldiers' funerals and the KKK group coming to our city next month, than a message written in the sky for a few minutes that I don't agree with.
Please point out where any of us said he does have freedom of speech. You STILL don't get it.

It is ridiculous and the fact that you attempted to make a connection between the two proves that you just don't get it. Your point it moot. No one made you open this thread. No one forced you to read what I wrote. You can easily put me on "ignore" and not read what I have to say. Those of us who are annoyed by the Jesus Jet cannot do that as his skywriting is in clear view (see post #152 and #153 for some fine examples). I can't look away and THAT is the problem. I am forced to view his message. Am I offended by the message? No. I am offended by the delivery and the arrogance of the pilot who has the compulsion to proselytize to unwilling people.

I find it hard to believe you cannot look away. I look away from things all the time. In fact, I just looked away from the monitor right in front of my face for 3 seconds. I bet i could even do it for 5 minutes, which coincidentally, is about the amount of time that the writing stays in the sky before the wind destroys it. If you cannot look away from the sky, how do you ever walk or drive anywhere without running into something? When the moon is out, do you have to stare at the moon? Or the sun? Actually, if you stared at the sun long enough, you wouldn't have to worry about the sky writer anymore.

Without reading the rest of the thread yet, which I will do eventually, I will say that I took a picture of only the smiley face part of the U + GOD = :) message that I saw last week. I'm not a fan of the Jesus Jet (LOVE the name!) but I twisted it to my own uses - even the sky is happy at WDW!

Just to remind everyone of the DISboards posting guidelines:

5. POLITICS/RELIGION: Because of the large number of complaints of personal attacks related to these subjects and inability for many people to keep a civilized conversation when discussing these hot-button topics, politics and religion will no longer be appropriate topics on our forums. Political or religion based posts or threads will be removed, and repeated violations of this rule can result in an infraction.
This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter