Is the Poly worth...

Crisgw

YES WE CAN and YES WE DID!!!
$650 (over the course of 9 days) over the CR??? I *really* want to stay at Poly, but it is alluring to save that $650...I haven't been to stay at the Poly since I was a kid!!!
Edited to add: My DH has made the decision FOR me! He said that the Poly (pool esp) is worth the extra $$ so I hope he's right :) :) :)

I'm glad to hear you chose the Polynesian! It is one of my favorite Disney resorts, and we had an excellent experience there last July. Have a great trip! :)

While the Polynesian is a great Resort to stay at I would have picked the Contemporary. Besides the money factor the Contemporary is a much easier Resort to get around, however there is nothing wrong with the Polynesian so I hope the OP and her family have a great time staying there. :thumbsup2

No doubt, the Poly is great, but so are all Disney resorts.

I would rather stay at the mod or value and visit the Poly for dinner and a drink one night.

We stay at Pop and have dinner at the resorts we want to visit. When we go to Ohanas we go early and have cocktails in the lobby and walk around and enjoy the resort.

I feel like we get the best of the deluxe resorts without paying the deluxe prices.

That's a toss up there. We like both resorts but the Poly wins. We do not like the changes done to CR and others say the walk is short and pleasant, while let me tell you, its not that short, in the Florida heat after being in the MK half a day. Still easier to pop on the A/C'ed monorail and zip back in comfort. That said, when you're headed to the MK, its the last stop, guess it's sort of a trade off in convenience.

The Poly, is mid way, tropical settings but you're in scattered long houses that could mean a good poke to the monorail. Pool there is better, alot of vegetation surrounds that area but not hot tubs.

We used to stay at both back when the prices were more reasonable and discounts were deeper. We can't justify the higher cost now, just too high for are taste over previous years. We do like the MK area and now opted for the WL, Still a deluxe, close to the MK, easy access to monorail via ferry boat for alot less money. Rooms are smaller but adequate for us.

After all this jabbering, for us it has come down to staying longer on property by picking the Lodge over the monorail resorts, thats key to us, we like 10-12 night stays and at the Poly or CR prices not a reality.

YES, YES!!! If you can do it now, DO IT!! You might not be able to next time you want to go!!:)

We were on the fence between the Contemporary and the Poly. Since we have never stayed at the Poly before (and we stayed at the Contemporary last year) we decided to stay there this year. We are looking forward to it. :cool1:

Poly gets my vote!! I have never stayed at CR, just deosn't appeal to me though we love the restaurants there.

If you've always dreamed of staying at the Poly, by all means that where you should stay! You'll love it.

:banana:
Tell your DH he's right on the mark!
The Polynesian is AWESOME!
Absolutely a GREAT time to be had there!
Was going there this Aug but my DW informed
me that an additional 7 are coming...hello SSR!
Have a BLAST!
LOVE THAT VOLCANO POOL!!!
:banana:

The pool at Poly is a zero-entry pool, while the one at CR (I think) is not. That may be a factor with younger children.

Linda

I had to make that decision too a few months ago. We're going to be at the Poly at the same time as you! I'll be the one chasing my 2 yr old DS with DH behind us. Or since our ILs will be there part of the time, I may be the one keeping an eye on grandpa having too much fun with DS;)

The Poly is really nice and the theme is a lot better than the CR. The only small drawback that may or may not come into play is that the Poly buildings are seperated, so if it is raining (as it often does in FL during the warm months) then you will get wet just going to the food, shops, monorail and so forth.

WE chose the Contemporary over the Poly based on cost ($900 compared to $350) and convenience for my fiance's convention activities. While the Poly IS nice, we can find other ways to spend that $500 saved. ALL the resorts are fine, IMHO, and I'd rather throw that cash around DTD. princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter