Is the Poly worth the $$$$$$$$$$

Susiesnowflake,

You are correct. I should not have said that it is never from mold but many of the cases people describe in here are not actually mold causing the smell. That is what I meant to say. On the other hand did you actually see mold and know it was causing the smell? The machine the Polynesian uses I was told it to reduce the moisture in the room and to remove odors (also used to de-smoke rooms) so it actually would not eliminate any mold if it were in the room. I do appreciate you sharing your experience. I just think too many just to the conclusion that the smell if any is due to mold when there can be many other causes.

Aloha

Steve

Do not stay at the Polynesian over the WL. The WL is so much nicer and it is less money to. The Poly staff is the worst on property and they all seem to have an attitude, and they do not have any pride in what they do. I just came back from the Poly and I had the worst experience there then any hotel or resort that I have ever stayed at. Like I have stated before this hotel is basically a Bamboo Holiday Inn with the monorail going by. That is just my opinion.

You know Kelly Nelly and many others who have stayed at the Polynesian lately have had major problems with staff and I don’t believe they are lying because what would the point be to lie to everyone in here? It sounds like the Polynesian is in need of some better staff members. This is why the boards are a good place to get information because many of us can stay there a certain time of the year and than later experiences can be different due to different staff or whatever. I think you need to look at the track record of a resort but also see what the latest experiences have been and take into account the observations of those who just got back.

Tikiman,
Unlike reports from other guests, I did not see any mold nor did I look for any. I also cannot (and did not) say that mold was the absolute cause of the smell. The odor that immediately hit us upon entering the room was one of mold and mildew however. I think most people know what I am talking about when I describe a musty/moldy/mildewy smell. Our room unfortunately had it. Whatever caused it, that is what it smelled like.

The machine helped with the smell. Of course, it would not remove any mold. However, it provided some filtration, and if it also removed moisture from the air, this naturally would help with the mildewy smell

Susie

We were there over the very busy 4th of July holiday and couldn't have thought more highly of the staff.

I think that those who were there between the start of Charley and week or two after Jeanne might have had some rough experiences because the resorts were shortstaffed with overworked, stressed out CM's.

We were at the WL two days after Frances, and they were very short staffed. Of course we also weren't expecting anything other than a hot shower and maybe clean towels every couple of days. I guess at that point after being in a house with no hot water for three days, I didn't care about service being a little slower or not quite what it would normally be.

Anne

I would go with the Polynesian due to the rooms being larger, the Volcano pool, the views, the monorail, and the food choices.

I love the lobby at the Wilderness Lodge but our last stay there was not pleasant due to the large number of children playing and running in the lobby as if it was some large indoor playground. People could not even sit and enjoy the lobby due to this.

Whispering Canyon is a fun place to eat once, but it is not somewhere I would want to repeat on a daily basis. I also feel that Captain Cooks has a better selection than Roaring Forks.

For our family, the Polynesian is worth the difference in price. We're going back next week for I believe the 31st time. We love it...the grounds, the views, the convenience, the ahhh factor, restaurants and yes for the CMs.

The lobby of WL is stunning and I enjoy visiting there every few trips for dinner at Artist Point.::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter