Is the poly worth it for first time onsite??

You do get spoiled staying at the Poly! No better view in all of Wdw! Monorail service, the volcano pool, beach, wyland galleries, boutiki, Ohana, Kona, capt cooks, Kona island coffee/sushi

I would usually recommend staying at a cheaper resort for your first trip, but since its only 2 days it sounds like the poly is the way to go! It will allow you to make the most of your time, and the shorter stay makes it affordable. I would love to stay at the poly some day but I could never get past the $3K price tag to stay there for a week.

If you come back some year for a week, and still want the monorail, look into renting dvc points from a broker for bay lake towers. With proper planning, you can rent a standard view studio for around $200 or so per night.

I know it is a splurge which as a stay at home mom I am not used to doing!! My husband loves bonnet creek so for longer stays it will be hard to talk him into onsite so I thought this was my chance to do it!!
I am so excited to make memories with my girls here!
now to decide on Ohanas, chef mickeys or 1900 park fare. decisions never end!! lol

I am booked at poly and am wondering if I should save the money and just go down to the CBR for our two day stay.
The package difference is 400 bucks....is the poly worth that?? I like the monorail idea for three kids but wondering if that is worth that?

Polynesian is amazing. You will love it and won't want to stay anywhere else. There is so much to see and do. I think its the best resort! if you have the opportunity to stay there you definitely should.

princessap said:
I am booked at poly and am wondering if I should save the money and just go down to the CBR for our two day stay.
The package difference is 400 bucks....is the poly worth that?? I like the monorail idea for three kids but wondering if that is worth that?

Honestly, if you have three kids have you looked at BC and YC? Awesome pool. However, the Poly is my fav too cause ticket center is right there and can catch monorail to anywhere. Plus the beach is great viewing spot for fireworks. Beware, once you stay deluxe its hard to go back to moderate. Lol We only stay deluxe..... Love being so close to parks.

For those that have stayed there. What would you recommend to do on arrival day and departure day??

Honestly, if you have three kids have you looked at BC and YC? Awesome pool. However, the Poly is my fav too cause ticket center is right there and can catch monorail to anywhere. Plus the beach is great viewing spot for fireworks. Beware, once you stay deluxe its hard to go back to moderate. Lol We only stay deluxe..... Love being so close to parks.

I have heard this before....this is our first onsite stay and I think we will only want deluxe from now on!!! what have I done? lol

Polynesian is amazing. You will love it and won't want to stay anywhere else. There is so much to see and do. I think its the best resort! if you have the opportunity to stay there you definitely should.

What do u recommend as must do while there?? we are planning to just hang out on arrival day and watch wishes that night on the beach. Do we need to get a spot early for wishes??

princessap said:
I have heard this before....this is our first onsite stay and I think we will only want deluxe from now on!!! what have I done? lol

You know you will have more time at parks instead of being on bus so considering its for only two days do it and make wonderful memories.

Beware, once you stay deluxe its hard to go back to moderate.

This is all too true for us :rolleyes1.

For those that have stayed there. What would you recommend to do on arrival day and departure day??

We loved just walking around the grounds taking in the beautiful surroundings. We also found the hammocks on the beach to be very relaxing and a great way to watch the fireworks :cloud9:.

...this is our first onsite stay and I think we will only want deluxe from now on!!! what have I done? lol

Our first onsite stay was at a moderate, but once we tried a deluxe the following year, we were hooked and now only stay deluxe. We had a great time at CBR and loved the resort, but we spend more time at the resort than we do the parks and we love the larger rooms, variety of dining options, and several transportation options that the deluxes provide :goodvibes.

Our first stay was at the Polynesian and it spoiled us but I'm not complaining. It We love it every time, feels like home.

The POLY is such a great resort. Pretty much anyone who has stayed there/been there would agree with me.

I hope I get to stay there one day - but the price!!!

If you can afford it then I would stay there - for $400 more.

The extras POLy comes with is amazing.

Wherever you decide to stay I hope you have a great time. And if you stay at POLY or another resort - I would love to hear a trip report! - they are so much fun to read.

Have a great time...

-FantasiaMagic pixiedust:

I know it is a splurge which as a stay at home mom I am not used to doing!! My husband loves bonnet creek so for longer stays it will be hard to talk him into onsite so I thought this was my chance to do it!!
I am so excited to make memories with my girls here!
now to decide on Ohanas, chef mickeys or 1900 park fare. decisions never end!! lol

With Young Girls no question Chef Mickeys, Ohanas has great food, as well as 1900 Park Fare, but I find that Chef Mickeys ( esp with the characters ) has a nice buffet where they can pick out their own food.

I priced out WL and there is only a 90 dollar difference. I must admit I don't have any desire to stay there. i hear people rave about it, but it reminds me of great wolf lodge and being from Canada reminds me of places I should be skiing. LOL.

I'm glad to hear someone else thinks the same way about WL as I do!! :lmao:
I say go for the Poly!! I LOVE that resort!!! It's so convenient! It's great having the monorail, boat or bus. Watching MK fireworks from the beach cannot be beat!! Yes, it is worth the extra $400!

For those that have watched the fireworks from the beach, what time do i need to get there to get a hammock! it sounds great!

Also, what building does everyone recommend? want a balcony or patio for sure to enjoy some drinks when girls are in bed!

For those that have watched the fireworks from the beach, what time do i need to get there to get a hammock! it sounds great!

Also, what building does everyone recommend? want a balcony or patio for sure to enjoy some drinks when girls are in bed!

Besides CL I like the Tahiti building. It's close to the TTC center but a little longer walk to GCH but after awhile you'll find the shorter paths.

princessap said:

I'm not quite sure on the hammocks, we always just sit at one of the tables. I would say get there an hr before to get a hammock. Chances are they will also be playing a disney movie.

I recommend Fiji. It's very close to the GCH and also close to the boat launch. You can request a marina view which will give you a view of the marina and the back of the volcano, the Samoa rooms that face the pool have a full pool view, that one is also next to the GCH. You can go to the Aloha Polynesian thread and on the 1st page there is a map of the resort showing where each longhouse is located. This last time we had a room on the 3rd floor in Fiji so we had a balcony. The balcony was great! I really enjoyed sitting out there!! If you want a balcony, make sure you put that in your room request because not all rooms have a balcony. With Fiji, only the 3rd floor rooms have a balcony, the 1st floor rooms have patios, I can't speak for the other longhouses because we've always stayed in Fiji.

Sent from my GalaxyS II

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter