Is the Photo CD worth it?

I went with family last time and we split the cost 33 each. I thought that was worth it. To me not worth $99. You could always find a group. FB has a photopass share.

Let me tell you, my DH debated last time but I went ahead and pre-ordered the CD with the discount. Then we were chosen to be the first family at MK and you get a Photopass photographer following you around all morning taking so many pictures. She even took pictures of us arriving on the train from the viewpoint of the crowd, something we wouldn't be able to do ourselves. As part of being first family, we were allowed to get one photo printed there, but I was so happy we had the plan because there was no way we weren't going to get those photos after that experience!

Like someone said, if you preorder and don't like what pictures you end up with, you can always return it.

My quick tip is to take a photo of the back of you Photopass card with your own camera. That way is something happens and you lose your card you will still have the serial number to access your photos. Then you can just get a new card and keep collecting photos. I'm always losing stuff lost 4 cards on my last trip but had all my numbers :) saved on my camera

We loved the photo pass CD. In 2008, we traveled with 6 different families. I told everyone to get as many pics as they wanted and before we left for home, everyone gave me their photo pass cards and I had one of the photo kiosks combine them all on to one card before we got home. It was easy, and we all had tons of great pictures. We split the cost too, so it was minimal for each family.:banana:

We're returning next month with just our family of 4, and I think we will still get it. My question is, do they still have photographers at the water parks???:confused3 It was so great not to have our camera with us, just kept our little key chains on our wrists with the photo pass on it.

We are in the same predictament. When its the entire family it is definatley worth it with all the character pictures plus the at home editing.

This time its just my wife and I.

I see probably 2-4 pictures in each of the park. 8 to 16 pictures. $12 to $7 a picture. We are only going 5 days too... Maybe different nightime shots?

Do you have to preorder for you arrive? or preorder before your last day?

Does anyone know how much it is to order 1 pictures (digital)?
A single photo pass download is 14.95. You must pre-order the CD before your trip starts if you want the discount. The nighttime shots are great because the PP photographers have tripods. We start by preordering the CD. We take advantage of photo pass photographers when we see them, and sometimes give them our camera too. After the trip is over, we look at the unique poses the photographer captured, and compare them to our shots. Then, if there are 6 or fewer good shots, we cancel the photo pass and download the ones we want individually. If there are more than 6, we order the CD. Since we got photo pass, we have stopped buying ride photos, and I am sure that we're actually saving money for better pictures (compared to the ride photos).

We are in the same predictament. When its the entire family it is definatley worth it with all the character pictures plus the at home editing.

This time its just my wife and I.

I see probably 2-4 pictures in each of the park. 8 to 16 pictures. $12 to $7 a picture. We are only going 5 days too... Maybe different nightime shots?

Do you have to preorder for you arrive? or preorder before your last day?

Does anyone know how much it is to order 1 pictures (digital)?

There photos are a bit more than $7-$12. 1 photo download (jpeg file)is $14.95. One 5x7 print is $14.95. So 6-7 prints or downloads and you are at the price of the CD, plus it is fun to add the borders and signatures.

Only pictures taken after you preorder the CD are included on the CD, so you need to purchase before your photos are taken.

I'm wondering the same. Seems like a bunch of us are in the same boat.

Will you want the image files? Will you want to print photos separately? Will you want the images 10 years down the road?

If you ONLY want the photos in the book, no you won't need the CD

If you want ALL of your photos, and the ability to print more down the road, YES you'll need the CD

Also, are the ride photos part of the photopass cd?

No the ride photos are not included with the Photopass with the exception of Test Track for some reasons that one ride is.

My DH and I did photopass for the first time on our no kids allowed trip :goodvibes and I too was hesitant on the extra cost and true value of it. In the end the fact it was 100% refundable was good reason to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised we got some really nice photos of just the two of us which are rare photos as I'm the one behind the camera offten.

I like the extra borders and addon that can be used make it just the little bit extra nice.

They also addin some character photos too which for me is a nice feacture as I like to make photo DVD movies of our trips.

Photopass :thumbsup2

Also, are the ride photos part of the photopass cd?

ONLY test track.

Also, if you buy (or have included) any photo packages with meals (like the ones at Chef Mickey's, Cinderella's Royal Table, or The Princess Meal at Epcot)...there is a code on your receipt that will add those pictures to your photopass account. They will be included in your CD.

I'm wondering the same. Seems like a bunch of us are in the same boat.

The thing is: The memory book has a limited number of pages/options.

The Photo CD grants you unlimited use (and potentially prints) of the photos....ALL of the photos.

Ultimately, you have to decide. For me, the answer would be Yes...but then, we've never done the book.

I think it depends on what kind of pictures you want. We have always gotten our money's worth for the CD but we are a family of four and we see a lot of characters. If it was just DH and myself I don't think I would get the CD, but if you guys like to see characters then go for it and get the CD.

One other thing about photopass is that if you lose your camera or memory card (or your memory card suddenly stops working - still haven't figured that one out yet but it happened) you don't lose the memories. As many have said, you can always get a refund if you decide it isn't worth it later.

Also, taking a photo of the photopass card is a good idea but taking it one step further (can you tell I'm paranoid about losing things :) ) I either write the number down or e-mail it to myself in addition to taking that photo of the back of the card (and tickets too...)

Dh and I always pre order the Cd and we love it. We would never get pictures together otherwise. It's just the two of us so we find it well worth the money. We have a great printer at home so we print the photos ourselves and the last 4 yrs we have use one of our Photopass pics in our Christmas cards so that is an extra bonus for us ;)

here my favorite of our couple holiday pics
185451_10150255992215933_699425932_8286264_4533341_n.jpg

And this one
284252_10150255993880933_699425932_8286295_3126794_n.jpg

And a magic pose
251447_10150255993995933_699425932_8286299_4463986_n.jpg

maybe seeing some will help :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter