Is the orbitz/ebates deal no more? Is way.com the way to go?

I'm sorry you're having problems getting the cash back you deserve. I hope things are eventually resolved favorably for both of you.

I want you to know I'm not posting this to make you feel worse, but I think it's only fair to let people know about positive experiences as well, especially when a co is getting pretty universally slammed.

I received my cash back update e-mail and the full 10% was pending in my e-bates account less than 36 hours after my Orbitz purchase.

Again, I'm really sorry things didn't go as smoothly for everyone.

I actually agree with you, I've been using ebates for years and have never had a problem. Ebates has offered me a (much smaller) credit for this transaction and I appreciate that. Apparently this is an Orbitz issue, they are the ones denying the cash back, and I will never make a purchase through them again. If there was even a chance that I had messed up when I ordered, I wouldn't be so upset. But I know how ebates works and I did everything right - I didn't try to use a coupon, didn't have anything in my cart before clicking through, and I didn't leave the site in the 3 minutes before I hit submit after going through ebates.

This is helpful and thank you for explaining about the ticket and entry process. I assumed that we would have to do finger-scans in the beginning. I"ll make sure that my husband and I both bring our IDs. I"m wondering if I could go to the ticket booth the day before and exchange the vouchers for tickets that way on the day of park we are ready to go and don't have to worry about having a 2 step process of getting in.
I"m not sure If I responded to this thread properly. I"m still learning how to navigate!:)

Yes, you can do this. Or if you are staying at a Disney hotel you MAY be able to do it when you check in, I always ask. Certainly easier to run over to the ticket booth on your arrival night. The tickets will be activated when you enter a park.

I also bought DL tickets on Orbitz through eBates through 2 different orders on Sunday. Today (Tuesday) I got the eBates email saying I earned 10%. This was my first time using eBates so I'm happy with that. The price without eBates is still a discount and I was a bit skeptical on Way.com so I'm glad I went this route.

Has anyone used this same ebates/orbitz link to buy the character meals? I wanted to, but was nervous about the 12/31/2013 expiration date in the fine print. Maybe this hasn't been updated yet? Any advice would be appreciated.

Yes, you can do this. Or if you are staying at a Disney hotel you MAY be able to do it when you check in, I always ask. Certainly easier to run over to the ticket booth on your arrival night. The tickets will be activated when you enter a park.

I also bought DL tickets on Orbitz through eBates through 2 different orders on Sunday. Today (Tuesday) I got the eBates email saying I earned 10%. This was my first time using eBates so I'm happy with that. The price without eBates is still a discount and I was a bit skeptical on Way.com so I'm glad I went this route.

Yes, you can get your tickets from the front desk if you're staying on site. We did this in Dec.

For those who have not had luck with their ebates credit, I went through the same thing in October and multiple emails between ebates and me were unsuccessful at resolving the issue. I followed the lead of another DISer who had this happen and posted to them on their Facebook page, as mentioned above, and it was resolved right away. You get to "speak" directly to a manager who will answer you via email right away.

We will be staying offsite so I think I'll go to the park the night before to redeem vouchers to reduce the 2 step process the day of the park visit. Thanks everyone for sharing their experience. I think orbitz is the way to go for the discounted tickets unless convention tickets are cheaper. I"m holding out waiting to hear how they will be since my husband is going to a conference, BUT I dont want too much time to pass afraid I will miss this orbitz deal. I was also holding out to find out if Costco were going to sell tickets, but i havent heard anything and I dont think they had them last year either.

When you purchase the tickets from Orbitz, it will ask you for your travel dates. Put in a few days earlier than what your arrival day actually is. That way you won't have a problem redeeming the voucher on the day you choose.

I purchased the tickets from Orbitz yesterday and my cash back is already posted in my Ebates account today. :thumbsup2 Not sure why others are having problems, but it worked for me!

Well, ebates came through for me. After several more emails, they have credited my cash back although Orbitz is claiming that the purchase was placed through another source (not possible, I don't belong to any other rebate companies). Not sure I'll shop with Orbitz after this, but ebates customer service is great!

Well, ebates came through for me. After several more emails, they have credited my cash back although Orbitz is claiming that the purchase was placed through another source (not possible, I don't belong to any other rebate companies). Not sure I'll shop with Orbitz after this, but ebates customer service is great!

:thumbsup2So glad that worked out for you!

Just got the 10% back. Thanks so much!

We are upgrading them to Premiers in a couple weeks, so excited!

Baygirl, I am wondering about your skepticism with Way.com. I was thinking of ordering through them, but your comment has me concerned. Have you heard of others having problems with purchasing their tickets through them? Thanks!

I'm so sorry to hear these bad experiences. That is so frustrating:(. I know on the other thread about orbitz/ebates, some other DISers had their problems with cash back from ebates resolved after they posted on their facebook page, it might be worth a try.

It's just so annoying to have to go through all that to get what was rightfully yours:furious:!

Definitely don't give up on ebates. I had trouble in December with my 10% not posting when others had theirs posted right away. My email to ebates said I had to wait 45 days after date of travel or something, which was odd because the tickets were non-refundable. So I posted on their Facebook page and got my money posted right away.

I presented my orbitz vouchers at check-in and they issued my tickets right then.

Also, for those looking for a deal on rooms, we booked through cheaptickets.com. Sign up on the website to be notified of deals. They offer 20% off all the time, and that's also good on weekends. Not sure if it was just holiday season deals, but I have also seen offers for 25 and 30% off.

Can you give me any advice? They were so matter of factly that it was Not going to happen:confused3

Baygirl, I am wondering about your skepticism with Way.com. I was thinking of ordering through them, but your comment has me concerned. Have you heard of others having problems with purchasing their tickets through them? Thanks!

There were other threads here questioning them. Some people were OK with what they got, but some of the tickets listed are for specific times. I think they are probably a legit company. But its a less known brand and they seem more focused on other areas, so I'm just not up for taking the risk. Orbitz is pretty well known/proven for travel so for a $500+ purchase I feel better there even without the eBates deal (which I did get). For me the Orbitz + Ebates was a better deal than Way.com anyway.

I have another question about upgrading from an Orbitz ticket to an AP. If I buy 4 days and get the 5th day free, will Disney see that as me paying for a 5 day park hopper and give me the full value of the 5 day park hopper to pay the difference for the AP or will they only give me the value of the 4 day park hopper?

ryleeranger said:
I have another question about upgrading from an Orbitz ticket to an AP. If I buy 4 days and get the 5th day free, will Disney see that as me paying for a 5 day park hopper and give me the full value of the 5 day park hopper to pay the difference for the AP or will they only give me the value of the 4 day park hopper?

Disney will see the actual price you paid and you will pay the difference. So they will give the value of the 4 day hopper.

Try posting on their facebook page, a manager should answer you pretty quickly. Hopefully they'll be able to help you. :)

Just got off the phone with a Manager from Ebates, He is going to give me my credit!!:yay: He did explain the actual problem was with Orbitz not reporting the credit to Ebates. But thanks so much for the help, I was going to just give up. I didn't post on their facebook, I called them directly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter