Is the monte cristo the same?

sitkamom

Mouseketeer
We loved the monte cristo sandwich at Cafe Orleans last year--is it the same sandwich at Blue Bayou? I didn't see mention of the powdered sugar or berry puree on the Blue Bayou menu like at Cafe Orleans.

CO, offers meat or cheese Monte Cristos. With a little fruit on the side.

BB, serves meat only. With the BB potato and veggies on the side. Only serves during lunch.

CO, offers meat or cheese Monte Cristos. With a little fruit on the side.

BB, serves meat only. With the BB potato and veggies on the side. Only serves during lunch.
So it's not the slightly sweet taste with the powdered sugar?

my mouth is wattering thinking about my lunch reservation next month at BB. I can't wait for that deepfried goodness.

You get the jelly and powdered sugar at both locations yes, at BB it's only meat, at CO you can get 3 cheese or meat. :) We usually get the MC at CO though.

I also get the Monte Cristo at CO simply because of price. Although it doesn't come with all of the sides BB has to offer, it's still plenty to split if you tack on some pomme frites. As mentioned, the only difference is that CO has both meat and cheese Monte Cristo (BB has only meat) and CO only comes with fruit, not potatoes, veggies, and bread.

I get it! :) It's the only thing my DD11 requested--a monte cristo at BB (she's never eaten there). Just wanted to make sure the sandwich itself was the same. I'm so hungry just thinking about it!!!!

Thanks!!!

YAY glad we could help! :)

PS I adore those potatoes they serve, they are sooooooo good.....and the gumbo you get at BB is the same as the gumbo you get at CO but not the same as the little CS soup place by PotC. :)

well cant do bb but i may go to co for one, can one be shared between two ppl if you have frys with it?

well cant do bb but i may go to co for one, can one be shared between two ppl if you have frys with it?

If you ask for an extra plate yes. If you ask to split it, they charge, I think about $5 at CO for the split plat, and you get the fruit on each plate.

At BB the split plate chare is more, I think $12, because you both get the bread and first course too.

Yes Jade, but don't ask them to split it. What we do is order the Pomme Frites, share between all 4 of us, the girls get the pasta plate and we split that for them (ie we ask for an extra plate), DBF gets the MC, I get a small salad (and share with DBF and DD12) and a bowl of Gumbo, DBF and I share. :) They will charge a split plate fee even tho you don't get sides (well grapes lol) if you ask them to split it but as Ski said, if you ask for an extra plate you can split it yourself for free. :)

It is interesting to note that BB changed their Monte Cristo a few years ago, Cafe Orleans's meat version is much closer to the old (and in my opinion better) BB version.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter