Is the memory maker a must for a family visiting for the first time with 2 kids under 3 that ....

love2flyatl

Mouseketeer
Hello dear Disney Friends,

Is it really worth to have the memory maker if you have kids that don't really cooperate with pictures?
We have a 2 and 3 years old and since they turned 1 it's very hard to take de ent pics.
Also between all this rides which one f them offer picture at the end?
Thank you very much for your help.

Buzz Space

Astro Orbiter

Tomorrow land speedway

Astro Orbiter

Dumbo flying elephant

The barnstormer

Under the sea

It's a small world

Winnie the Pooh ride

Seven Dwarfs Train

Splash mountain

Big thunder

The magic Carpet Aladdin

Last edited:
Picture pass costs nothing. If you don't like the resulting pictures, you don't have to buy any. In any event, having professionals take photos with nice cameras is great. You don't have to see your vacation through the lens of a camera, and everyone's in the picture. Win!

I assume you meant Memory Maker? That's up to you. I think it's a no-brainer at least once a year.

Picture pass costs nothing. If you don't like the resulting pictures, you don't have to buy any. In any event, having professionals take photos with nice cameras is great. You don't have to see your vacation through the lens of a camera, and everyone's in the picture. Win!

I assume you meant Memory Maker? That's up to you. I think it's a no-brainer at least once a year.

Yes I am sorry I meant memory maker.
I am just trying to make a decision as kids will grow.
I love the idea of taking pics as it will be their first visit but not sure.
Going to Disney with 2 kids under 3 plus a husband that is not patient is giving me anxiety I guess.
So did any one tried it and regreat?

Do you think you would purchase ride photos? A few of the rides you mention do take ride photos and if you think you might purchase them then it might be worth it to get MM so you get all of your photos. Also, will you have group shots taken without MM? I loved having MM because it is just me and my two children so typically the photos are all of the children. We went last summer with MM and now we have quite a number of photos with all of us, at all of the parks. I know I could have still gotten the pics taken and asked the CM's to use my phone but it was just easier letting them take it with their camera. We also loved doing the magic shots, we asked every photographer we saw if they had a magic shot. Some of them turned out really cute!!

We thought it was SO worth it with a small kid who didn't really tolerate pictures. We had both parents in the pictures, and DD responded better to the photographers than to us. She really loved seeing the "magic" pictures as well. And it's faster (if you don't spend too much time in line for certain shots). we also did a lot of character meet and greets, and some of my favorite pictures are candids as DD was walking up to greet them - the excitement on her face... another plus - sometimes they're set up in unlikely places that turn out to be great shots that we wouldn't have noticed.

from a 5-9 day trip we've ended up with 150-250 pictures and would definitely do it again.

Do you think you would purchase ride photos? A few of the rides you mention do take ride photos and if you think you might purchase them then it might be worth it to get MM so you get all of your photos. Also, will you have group shots taken without MM? I loved having MM because it is just me and my two children so typically the photos are all of the children. We went last summer with MM and now we have quite a number of photos with all of us, at all of the parks. I know I could have still gotten the pics taken and asked the CM's to use my phone but it was just easier letting them take it with their camera. We also loved doing the magic shots, we asked every photographer we saw if they had a magic shot. Some of them turned out really cute!!
I was not really planning in buy the ride pictures unless one of them is pretty cool but since MM was available I just thought why not?!
But as I said my kids a too little and not into the pictures mode yet.
I just don't want to wast all that money if it's the case. Maybe it will be a better thing next year.
We will be at Disney in a few days.

We thought it was SO worth it with a small kid who didn't really tolerate pictures. We had both parents in the pictures, and DD responded better to the photographers than to us. She really loved seeing the "magic" pictures as well. And it's faster (if you don't spend too much time in line for certain shots). we also did a lot of character meet and greets, and some of my favorite pictures are candids as DD was walking up to greet them - the excitement on her face... another plus - sometimes they're set up in unlikely places that turn out to be great shots that we wouldn't have noticed.

from a 5-9 day trip we've ended up with 150-250 pictures and would definitely do it again.

How were the lines? Besides character meet and great lines did you also have lines in the other spots?

How were the lines? Besides character meet and great lines did you also have lines in the other spots?

My LO has ranged between 2.5 and 3.5. The lines for photos varied, but it was never more than a few minutes, even on Main St toward Cinderella Castle. We waited a while (maybe 10 minutes) in front of the Frozen topiary at the Flower and Grden festival at epcot, but it was well worth it because there was a magic shot and even a video.

My LO has ranged between 2.5 and 3.5. The lines for photos varied, but it was never more than a few minutes, even on Main St toward Cinderella Castle. We waited a while (maybe 10 minutes) in front of the Frozen topiary at the Flower and Grden festival at epcot, but it was well worth it because there was a magic shot and even a video.

(spoiler alert) at the frozen topiary, DD refused to turn around for the picture and was standing with her back to the camera looking at the topiary. the magic video involved Sven coming up to the camera, "licking the lens" and getting his tongue stuck. when we showed her the video, she was sorry she missed Sven because she had her back to him. ;)

Ok. We have decided to try the MM based on capturing special moments like their faces when they meet the characters.
Will also get Magic bands for my husband and I this way besides the video (s?) we won't need to worry about carrying cards around.

It is so worth it! You pay for it very quickly if you buy pictures from the rides as well as the special videos of your family that are now included such as 7DMT. We utilized every Photopass photographer we could and they took phenomenal picture of the 3 granddaughters in BBB that we could not have gotten due to the tight quarters.

Loved the memory maker!! Even my husband who at first did not like the idea of stopping and having to do some fun poses at times eventually got more into it after the first couple of days. Some of those pictures are the best of our trip!! As for the kids not cooperating -- they are being kids and will actually add entertainment when you are looking at the pictures. Your kids might not be behaving but the backdrop of the many memorable locations in Disney will make those pictures priceless!! The ride shots are great too. There is probably a list of available rides on the memory maker website. Of the rides you listed i know splash and dwarf have ride pics.

It is so worth it! You pay for it very quickly if you buy pictures from the rides as well as the special videos of your family that are now included such as 7DMT. We utilized every Photopass photographer we could and they took phenomenal picture of the 3 granddaughters in BBB that we could not have gotten due to the tight quarters.
Thank you!

Loved the memory maker!! Even my husband who at first did not like the idea of stopping and having to do some fun poses at times eventually got more into it after the first couple of days. Some of those pictures are the best of our trip!! As for the kids not cooperating -- they are being kids and will actually add entertainment when you are looking at the pictures. Your kids might not be behaving but the backdrop of the many memorable locations in Disney will make those pictures priceless!! The ride shots are great too. There is probably a list of available rides on the memory maker website. Of the rides you listed i know splash and dwarf have ride pics.
Thank you!

Considering that buying the photos individually starts at $15 each, I'd definitely recommend it!

I used it on my youngest dd first visit. The pictures that were captured were priceless. I wouldn't hesitate on my first trip getting it.

I think it's worth it. We got a lot more pictures from rides and characters than I ever would have otherwise. Some of the shots were stinkin' cute! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter