Is the GF food any good in Disney?

I can't remember what I ate but both Crystal Palace and Tusker House lunch had lots of GF options and they were really good! The Chefs took me around the buffet and showed me what I could have.

I've had many delicious gf meals at Disney! They are the best when it comes to allergies and in my experience, go out of their way to accommodate you in every way.

The chef will take you around at the buffets and show you what you can and can't eat. They're ok about it. I never got any GF buns or rolls or waffles or anything, at any buffet, like people talk about getting. I don't eat that stuff at home most of the time either, so no big loss, but with all the walking at WDW I started to feel a little carb-starved. I felt awkward, I really hate discussing food issues with strangers, so I basically said nothing except asked them to please show me what items did not contain gluten.

H&V - The buffet breakfast at H&V was the worst. The potatoes were gross, the fruit was gross, the meats were gross...I think I ate scrambled eggs and yogurt. I left hungry. This has scared me away from any of the TS breakfast buffets.

1900PF - not super great for me GF. Not awful, and there were some yummy things, but nothing special. Lots of salad type stuff GF, so that's nice. The meats are like Golden Corral level to me, so, very meh. Not worth paying for, but ok when you have FD.

Boma - is awesome GF, as long as you like that kind of food (which I do). Worst part is that zebra domes are not GF and you have to look at everyone else eating zebra domes. Actually I had eaten one on a prior trip and didn't think they were that great, but they sure look delicious anyway.

Marrakesh - I'm solely basing my opinion on our QS Tangieriene Cafe experience, but I would NOT eat here or anywhere in "Morocco" if I had celiac - I do not trust their understanding of the issue. My husband even explained it to them in Arabic and they still did not really seem to understand. This was the only QS place in WDW that really didn't even seem to understand the issue, and just based on that it has kind of scared me away from Marrakesh, too.

Biergarten - pretty awful for GF if you do not like sausage. I do not like sausage. Our server was really nice and the singing was fun, but I left hungry.

Tusker House - was pretty good GF. I'd eat there again. Not nearly as good as Boma, but really good considering it's a character buffet.

Prior to our last trip, I was worried about how GF QS would work. It turned out to be really good, easy to order GF almost everywhere. The only problems were at Tangierine Cafe, where they were really nice but just didn't understand, and at POR QS (I can't remember what their main QS is called) - they just flat out were unhelpful and said they'd have to call the chef, wait for him to come out, which would take a while, and it would take 20 extra minutes for me to get anything GF. They made it out like it was an enormous undertaking.

Tons of options. My DS was totally thrilled and my DH said the food was fine (comparing a 10 year old who will eat anything and everything and an adult with slightly more refined tastes). Both of them loved the GF Mickey waffles at CM and H&V. It was just so nice to not have to worry about what they could eat and come home without anyone feeling miserable & sick.

Boma is awesome and they do have GF zebra domes. We love Biergarten, but we love sausage. My DD has never had a bad GF meal in WDW. Raglan Road is a favorite for GF fish and chips and onion rings. She loves the allergy chicken tenders you can get at a number of QS locations and she has never liked chicken nuggets or tenders. She is 13.

We've only done Ohana for a character breakfast and it was great! They will bring a special platter of waffles, sausages, eggs, potatoes for the gf person at your table. The waffles were good and not something I eat normally. I really enjoyed them.

For non-character meals:
Biergarten is a favorite for us. There are plenty of GF options (which the chef will show you) and I'm not a huge fan of sausage. We will be going again on our trip next May.

Raglan Road fish and onion rings are phenomenal!! My gluten-eating family kept stealing my onion rings on our last visit. Bonus: our server told us that if we email RR, they will share the recipe. I did, and now have the recipe but haven't tried it yet.

Sunshine Seasons in Epcot has great gf options. We go at least twice per trip on our Epcot days.

I can usually find something good at Cosmic Rays in MK for a QS lunch.

I was not thrilled with either Chefs de France or Tutto Italia. Chefs had good food, but not very gf friendly, meaning that you could order something without a gluten sauce, but it "took away" from the dish. Tutto was accommodating, but I wasn't thrilled with their marinara sauce. Just my personal preference.

Flame Tree BBQ ribs in AK are great!

Bongos in DTD (I'm in denial that it's now "Disney Springs") is very good too. Their portion sizes seem to have gotten smaller this year, but the skirt steak with chimichurri, black beans, rice and sweet plantains are delicious! Still a great meal.

Spice Road table in Epcot was another great dinner. The chef came out to talk to me and made some special sides for me. He had no problem understanding what gf meant, or how to accommodate me.

Our upcoming trip will be a visit to either Boma or Sanaa, and POFQ for beignets.

I didn't like Erin Mckenna's in DTD. Very expensive baked goods that were mediocre at best.

HTH! Disney is the best place for gf eating!

I think the quality varies. I had really yummy GF Mickey waffles at our resort (CBR) and they offer OMG..It'sglutenfree Chocolate Chip cookies at most QS locations that are very yummy. The substitute buns they use for burgers and sandwiches I generally don't care for at all. Raglan Road has lots of delicious gluten free options as does Biergarten. I was actually surprised to see pp mention Biergarten as not having much because, other than the desserts, we eat like kings here. And our kids are allergic to far more than just gluten. Desserts were only fruit or Enjoy Life cookies, but aside from that we had a lot of delicious options to choose from.

I've had gluten free custom cakes at Disney, and they were "okay." Not quite up to today's standards of gourmet GF cakes, but the frosting is so delicious I still enjoyed them. The gluten free fried chicken at 50s Prime Time was also very good, but it's hard to get apparently. I actually ordered this in advance of our trip and I've heard others have had to do the same. They don't keep the ingredients on hand it seems.

I never did get to try the GF beignets, but I hear nothing but rave reviews about them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter