Is the Entertainment book (Anaheim) worth it for non-locals?

cooniez

Mouseketeer
There's a 12-hour sale on the books & I was thinking of getting one for our June trip...thoughts? :goodvibes

I normally just buy the one for my area. Most of the deals I would use for our trip are national deals anyway or localized like having the card for the good rate at HOJO.

From what I've heard, the discounts are mainly on places outside of the Disneyland area...

If you're staying at HoJo in Anaheim, you can get any ent book for that special rate.

Honestly, I've never actually bought the book.

You can buy the entertainment card, that's found in the book, for under $2 on ebay. I just bought one for $1.61 and will use it to get my 50% off at the HoJo.

I've looked through all the coupons online and there's nothing there that I would really use. At least not enough to justify the price of the book. Plus, most travel places, you just need to show the card- like at the HoJo. So why spend money on the book if you won't really use the coupons inside and only need the card to get the discounts you'll use??

Trust me...ebay!:thumbsup2

I've looked through all the coupons online and there's nothing there that I would really use. At least not enough to justify the price of the book.

FWIW, the last two years I bought the book (not the last two years chronologically, but the years I bought it) there were $20 in coupons for Safeway...4 $5 coupons spread in use dates through the year. Since I bought the book for $20 then $15, it definitely made up for it, even before factoring in HoJo.

So if you get the puget sound book, you might check that out, see if they still have the s'way coupons, if you shop there.

Thanks for your responses! We will have our car with us, so we'll probably eat outside the area at least once....but if all of you who frequent DL say you prob. wouldn't use most of the coupons then the restaurants in the book probably aren't worth eating at anyway ;)

Last year's books also had a national coupon for Buca di Beppo for $10 off. It's just a mile or so from DL. Yummy!!!!

This years OC book also has the $10.00 Buca coupon in it. I purchased it for our two trips to DL this year from Washington state. There are great attraction coupons, fast food, casual or fine dining and shopping coupons. We are not using it for HOJO's and I think we'll get our money's worth. We bought ours for $15 and keep in mind the current book is good thru Nov 1.

This years OC book also has the $10.00 Buca coupon in it. I purchased it for our two trips to DL this year from Washington state. There are great attraction coupons, fast food, casual or fine dining and shopping coupons. We are not using it for HOJO's and I think we'll get our money's worth. We bought ours for $15 and keep in mind the current book is good thru Nov 1.

We're actually talking about the same edition. In my head, it's "last year's" book, because it became active on Nov 1, 2009 & I bought it before that for our November trip (and I haven't used it since). But now I totally see that it's really the 2010 (i.e. THIS year's) book to everyone else. Silly me!!! :rotfl:

I'd just get the Entertainment book for your local area... it'll have coupons you can use all year round, plus you'll still have the card so you can get the sweet rate at HOJO.

Thanks everyone! I looked into Hojos before booking at the GCH (convinced DH only because GCH had the B3G2 free promo), but Hojo's didn't have ANY openings at the Entertainment rate during our stay - June 17-22nd :( Would've been a great deal though at $59/night. I checked the site and they STILL don't have any openings at the Ent. rate for any days in June!

Thanks everyone! I looked into Hojos before booking at the GCH (convinced DH only because GCH had the B3G2 free promo), but Hojo's didn't have ANY openings at the Entertainment rate during our stay - June 17-22nd :( Would've been a great deal though at $59/night. I checked the site and they STILL don't have any openings at the Ent. rate for any days in June!

They had one night in June on there I was able to get, the 6th I think. Just watch closely because it was only up for one update before it was removed.

They had one night in June on there I was able to get, the 6th I think. Just watch closely because it was only up for one update before it was removed.

oh that's right..I think I did see that 1 night, but we'll be there June 17-22 & haven't seen any availabilities open up for mid-June

They did add more dates yesterday for May, June, and July. But, only for early June.

I'm eager to see some dates for the 11-17 of June, but I don't think there will be any. It looks like they're very booked for the remainder of June, so there isn't a need to offer a discounted rate to bring in business.

Sadly, I think you and I are both out of luck on that. But, even 15% off is a great deal.

It looks like they're very booked for the remainder of June, so there isn't a need to offer a discounted rate to bring in business.

ah yes, high season...I was guessing that was why the Hojo site wasn't showing much for June, July, or August :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter