• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

is the dream as easy to get around as the magic?

I've never been on the Magic, but we were on the Wonder twice, then the Dream last week. It's bigger for sure...the biggest differance we thought was the distance to the aft of the ship. Forward and Midship are fairly close together, then aft is way down.

That being said, we did a FE and there were like 40 some people in it and we got around to all of the rooms with our 6yo girls just fine. :)

In a word-NO!!
It's not even close to being as easy to get your bearings on the Dream. Avoid the aft as much as possible. Elevators open to nowhere. More difficult to figure out where you need to be so get to an outside deck.
The first time I went on the Wonder, I easily found my way around on a 4 day. On our Dream 5 day I was never sure where I actually was. The Dream seemed more closed in to me.
Still scratching my head over the whole elevator opening right into the middle Cabanas. :confused3

In a word-NO!!
It's not even close to being as easy to get your bearings on the Dream. Avoid the aft as much as possible. Elevators open to nowhere. More difficult to figure out where you need to be so get to an outside deck.
The first time I went on the Wonder, I easily found my way around on a 4 day. On our Dream 5 day I was never sure where I actually was. The Dream seemed more closed in to me.
Still scratching my head over the whole elevator opening right into the middle Cabanas. :confused3

thank you so much!!!! that is exactlly what i needed to know. I am now sure we should do the wonder or the magic again! we love the magic!

I agree with the aft part. We did a back to back in May, and I felt better about where I was off the aft elevators on the second cruise. The cabanas part was wierd, but I got used to it. The elevators opening up into AP, :confused3. The elevators in the District - :sad2:

I would not necessarily skip sailing on the Dream because of it. I had to learn my way around the Magic and Wonder once too.

my deal is we went on the carnival dream this past week and that ship is a maze. i got so tired of having to go up and around and down to get some places. also it was so closed in although we had a balcony.....i love the deck on the magic that is under the lifeboats. its quiet and calm. there was no outside deck that wasnt on the top full of people.

Honestly, we didn't have any problems at all. Loved the Wonder last year -- loved the Dream this year. Took us a day or so, but then we did the 5 night -- after that -- it was easy breezy.

I'm assuming the Fantasy will pretty much be the same then which has me continuing the debate between Western & the Eastern itineraries, between the Magic and the Fantasy. I have some time to continue the debate though.

my deal is we went on the carnival dream this past week and that ship is a maze. i got so tired of having to go up and around and down to get some places. also it was so closed in although we had a balcony.....i love the deck on the magic that is under the lifeboats. its quiet and calm. there was no outside deck that wasnt on the top full of people.

You will find the same on the Dream. We like to use Deck 4 to walk from front to back, etc.

Just got back from the Dream and it took me a day or so to figure it out, but mostly that was because I just followed DH around and never tried to figure out where I was going myself. :rolleyes1

I heard so many complaints about the elevators being in weird places, but we pretty much always took the stairs, it didn't seem an issue. :confused3

I've never been on the Magic or the Wonder, but I didn't have too much trouble finding out where I was on the Dream. The only time we had a problem was when we tried to get to Palo. It didn't take to much to figure it out though. Plus there are so many maps that if you were confused, you could figure it out easily. I didn't have an issue with popping up in the middle of Cabanas. There were always signs pointing towards the pool deck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter