Is the dining plan worth it???

It's not about the actual money for us...it keeps me from killing dh and having to hide his body on Tom Sawyer's Island, and it keeps him from ruining our vacation! ;)

He's the type who spends the entire trip anywhere re-counting our money and panicking about whether or not we have enough money to last the week. He has literally ruined more than one vacation doing this. Grousing about every nickel spent, every time the kids need a drink, etc.

Then we took our first trip to Disney, and I paid up front for the dining plan. Best. Vacation. EVER!!!!!!! Dh was relaxed and calm, I was relaxed and calm, the kids were relaxed and calm....it was WONDERFUL!!:thumbsup2

In May he and I went back, just the two of us. Free dining, thanks to a PIN. Again, it was absolutely blissful, even though we were on a tight budget otherwise...I had surprised him with the trip and had had to squirrel away tiny amounts over time just to pay for the basics...

I will NEVER go without the dining plan, simply for the stress it saves us...:thumbsup2

It's not about the actual money for us...it keeps me from killing dh and having to hide his body on Tom Sawyer's Island, and it keeps him from ruining our vacation! ;)

He's the type who spends the entire trip anywhere re-counting our money and panicking about whether or not we have enough money to last the week. He has literally ruined more than one vacation doing this. Grousing about every nickel spent, every time the kids need a drink, etc.

Then we took our first trip to Disney, and I paid up front for the dining plan. Best. Vacation. EVER!!!!!!! Dh was relaxed and calm, I was relaxed and calm, the kids were relaxed and calm....it was WONDERFUL!!:thumbsup2

In May he and I went back, just the two of us. Free dining, thanks to a PIN. Again, it was absolutely blissful, even though we were on a tight budget otherwise...I had surprised him with the trip and had had to squirrel away tiny amounts over time just to pay for the basics...

I will NEVER go without the dining plan, simply for the stress it saves us...:thumbsup2

That's what I like about the dining plan, too! I didn't like when they changed it where you had to start paying your own tips.

INFO FOR ALL OF YOU WAITING ON LATE FALL/WINDER FREE DINING DATES! INFO FROM THE DIS HOMEPAGE AND FACEBOOK PAGE:

Rumor - free Dining Plan to be released August 3rd
by Scott Smith
Jul 29, 2011

A rumor has begun circulating that Disney will offer a free Dining Plan for select dates. According to the rumor, bookings beginning August 3rd, 2011 will be eligible for the free Dining Plan for the following travel dates:

October 2, 2011 - October 8, 2011

October 23, 2011 - November 5, 2011

November 13, 2011 - November 19, 2011

November 27, 2011 - December 3, 2011

December 11, 2011 - December 17

Quick Service dining would be available to Value resort guests and Regular Dining for Moderate, Deluxe and Villa resort guests. To read more about this rumor, visit this thread on DISBoards.com.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter