Is the Deluxe Plan worth it for us?

Vegasnine

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I'm trying to do some calculations and have used the dining plan calculator, but I'm still on the fence.

Due to our arrival and departure time, we will be doing the following in our 2 night stay:

2 dinners
1 lunch
1 breakfast
1 snack instead of a breakfast (MK day)
Various drinks and snacks at MK

We get 6 meal credits and 4 snack credits with the plan

We already have 1 reservation at Narcoossees which will use 2 credits. Can you really order the $75 lobster as your entree? If so, that's a no brainer.

We will be doing a TS for our one lunch and one breakfast

I'm not seeing a huge savings and possibly wasting one credit unless we do a Signature restaurant on the arrival night as well for our first dinner. Even then it's likely only about $40?

What does everyone do to maximize their dining plan? Maybe the convenience is worth it?

Thoughts?

T

Remember, with the DxDDP you get APP, entree, dessert, and drink. That Narcossees $75 lobster along with a $12 app, $10 dessert and $3 drink pays for just one day of that plan all by itself, plus you still have the other meal credit and the 2 snacks.

If you have the time, I'd definitely do another signature on arrival night and take advantage of the plan. You'll get better value with a buffet breakfast over an a la carte breakfast, but I think you'll probably still come out ahead either way.

If you would be just as happy without the lobster, and don't care about apps, then paying OOP would probably be cheaper.

Very good point. I agree that the Narcoossee's dinner will make that meal worth it. We are doing Be our Guest for lunch at MK and Kona for Breakfast on our departure day. Both of those will be less than what the dining plan would cost if you average it out. I think if we don't do a signature on arrival night it won't be worth it, but if we do it will as you've suggested.

Thanks for your input.

That's a ton of food just so you know. When you plan ADR's keep in mind juggling when it's time to select fastpasses.

Thanks for the tips. We probably won't be doing many fast passes.

I think we will get the value only if we do both dinners at Signature dining. Since we only have one lunch and one breakfast planned and really no time for more.

Thanks for your help.

We've done the DxDP twice. While I loved not having to worry about 2TS credit meals, I did feel like I was eating my way through the World, especially when the servers would push the appetizers (yes, I know it's an option, but I'm not hungry for it). I could have incorporated more signature dining into the plan, but at the time we were the "go, go, go" type people and spent all of our time in the park.

We just did the ddp on our 9 day trip before snacks we saved just over 300 per person
there was nothing off limits at California grill and our bill for 2 was over 200 before drinks
but again we had 3 or 4 signature meals and lots of character meals

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter