• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is the DAS saved on your AP at DL?

sandgrace

DIS Veteran
In May we visited DL and purchased our AP's. I was issued a DAS for that time. We are now going back to DL this week will I need to get a new DAS for this visit linked to my AP or will they still have it in their system? Will I have to explain my needs again or will they be able to see that I had a DAS in May and just issue me a new one? TIA!

In May we visited DL and purchased our AP's. I was issued a DAS for that time. We are now going back to DL this week will I need to get a new DAS for this visit linked to my AP or will they still have it in their system? Will I have to explain my needs again or will they be able to see that I had a DAS in May and just issue me a new one? TIA!

You should be able to go to GR and just say you need a DAS renewal and that nothing has changed from before. They fact you have been issued one will be on file and they can see if they will need further information or if they can just reissue.

You should be able to go to GR and just say you need a DAS renewal and that nothing has changed from before. They fact you have been issued one will be on file and they can see if they will need further information or if they can just reissue.
Thanks for your quick reply! It will be nice if I can just do that as sadly I get embarrassed explaining the reason that I need a DAS.

Thanks for your quick reply! It will be nice if I can just do that as sadly I get embarrassed explaining the reason that I need a DAS.

Looks like the pass is valid for 60 days at a time for AP holders so if it has been less than 60 days it should still be valid. It says to stop by Guest Relations to have it re-issued if it is no longer valid. I think that means as long as your issues weren't temporary then they will just re-issue it for another 60 days. Not 100% sure though.

I have sometimes had to re-explain my needs. It seems to depend on the CM. I have sometimes had better luck at the kiosks than City Hall. Sometimes I feel like they are a little stricter in City Hall, but that could just be my perception. Even when they are a little tougher, I have never had a problem getting a DAS renewal. Good luck!

I got a DAS card on my last visit to Disneyland a week ago. I did feel they were a bit strict, but I can understand. If they want to curb abuse then they need to put some measure in place. Just be prepared to justify your accommodations if you do not have any visible cues.

I am going back in about a month so I will let you know the process of renewing my DAS card. I have an AP, and that is what is scanned, so assume my information is saved in the system.

It might help if you bring your previous DAS card from your last visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter