• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is the Cali grill worth it?

crusherace03

Disney CP Graduate '05
So I made a reservation for my wedding anniversary this year at the California grill. The bad part is my husband doesn't seem to like the price of the items that I have found online. Is it really worth the money? Opinions please?

CG is my favorite rest. in WDW it is a must on every trip. as a matter of fact i will be there Saturday night for my parents 37th anniversary

The food is very good and the atmosphere cannot be beat. We have been many times and enjoy it but I do not need to go there on each trip. I do think it is a place that everyone who visits dinner should try

We absolutely love it here!! We will be eating here twice in August. We couldn't go to Disney without eating at CG.

I agree with everyone else! We loved it! It's also a lot of fun to go out on the balcony and look at the lagoon and the magic kingdom. Something to do while you wait is always a plus! Desserts were amazing, I think we had a flatbread of some sort for an appetizer that was delicious. Have fun!

Worth is subjective. If you think you are getting a good deal, you are more likely to have positive feelings about something. The reverse is true if you think you are getting a bad deal (paying too much) for something.

California Grill is a great restaurant. But if your husband thinks it is too expensive, then his concerns about the high price (in his view) will likely color his view of the restaurant overall. As a result, it will be harder for him to enjoy the food and experience. Thus, for you and him, CG may not, in fact, be "worth it."

Worth is subjective. If you think you are getting a good deal, you are more likely to have positive feelings about something. The reverse is true if you think you are getting a bad deal (paying too much) for something.

California Grill is a great restaurant. But if your husband thinks it is too expensive, then his concerns about the high price (in his view) will likely color his view of the restaurant overall. As a result, it will be harder for him to enjoy the food and experience. Thus, for you and him, CG may not, in fact, be "worth it."

I agree with this. I've seen more than one review of CG where the size of the dishes in relation to the cost of them was not "worth it". Your husband may have the same opinion.

Although I enjoy CG, it's not my favorite WDW restaurant and if they didn't offer very good sushi, I doubt we'd go but once every 10 vacations.

That's a very good point. If OP's DH is worried about the cost, he is less likely to order what he really wants and might be happier with a less expensive restaurant.

We booked CG for DD's 13th birthday for the view and the sushi. I think she will love it, but she isn't the one paying! ;)

So I made a reservation for my wedding anniversary this year at the California grill. The bad part is my husband doesn't seem to like the price of the items that I have found online. Is it really worth the money? Opinions please?

For us it is worth it. But not knowing your tastes I wouldn't know for you.

To me, yes, ABSOLUTELY! We went for our Anniversary. Be sure to not that on your ressie. Our table was decorated with confetti and we got a desert that had "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate. My DH slyly planned it with our server to have my diamond wrap on another dessert plate with a dome over it. I never even knew it was happening. My DH had a sushi appetizer that was amazing. I had a risotto and wanted to lick the bowl it was so good.

My initial reply is YES!YES!YES! The food, service, and atmosphere, (as long as all the kiddies are behaving themselves) is top notch. But if the DH is so hung up on the prices that he can't enjoy himself, then I would say try another place. All the food at WDW is overpriced compared to "real world" prices anyway, but it's just part of going to WDW...

My initial reply is YES!YES!YES! The food, service, and atmosphere, (as long as all the kiddies are behaving themselves) is top notch. But if the DH is so hung up on the prices that he can't enjoy himself, then I would say try another place. All the food at WDW is overpriced compared to "real world" prices anyway, but it's just part of going to WDW...

This was what I was thinking too. If your DH thinks that the prices are too high, let him compare the prices with a few of the other signatures. All of the prices at WDW are more expensive than he would find in comparable restaurants at home. If he wants a really nice anniversary dinner, I'm afraid he's just going to have to suck it up and prepare to pay.

We go to Cali Grill often but in our opinion, there are better restaurants on property such as Shula's, BlueZoo, Flying Fish. However, none of these will be any less money than Cali Grill.

We've only been once, but we all really enjoyed the meal. We were on DxDP so I wasn't really paying attention to prices at that point...although, I go into WDW with the notion that everything is priced higher there than the outside world. Even DD5 proclaimed that it was the best meal of our trip...amazing considering we did 7 character meals that trip. We enjoyed the food- everything really was delish and the service was wonderful. While not in our plans for this next trip, we'd definitely return.

We absolutely love it! It is hubby's favorite WDW meal. To us, the food, service and atmosphere are worth the price. :)

While the view was amazing and the food was good, we did not find it worth it really. I've had better sushi where we live and the service was just so so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter