• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is the bakery in France at Epcot closing?

addictd2disney

Mouseketeer
I read that the bakery was closing to become an ice cream parlor.
Is that true? Does anyone know? I hope that is NOT the case.

They just invested all of that money relocating it to a larger facility. I doubt they are closing it for re-branding.

Perhaps the ice cream parlor is going in the bakery's former location?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The old bakery already closed and a new bakery offering pretty much the same items opened near the kidcot station. The new location is larger and has longer hours. The old location is slated to serve ice cream.

The old bakery already closed and a new bakery offering pretty much the same items opened near the kidcot station. The new location is larger and has longer hours. The old location is slated to serve ice cream.

Sweet! :goodvibes. Another reason to visit France.

I wonder if they will serve Berthillon's? That would be amazing. I just spent 9 euros for two scoops of this classic ice cream In Paris last month, quite expensive, but worth it. I am not sure Disney could raise the price much more than that. It was amazing ice cream.

I wish the bakery would sell macarons! :love: The line would wrap around the World Showcase if they tasted like the macarons at Ladurée in Paris!

bcrook said:
Sweet! :goodvibes. Another reason to visit France.

I wonder if they will serve Berthillon's? That would be amazing. I just spent 9 euros for two scoops of this classic ice cream In Paris last month, quite expensive, but worth it. I am not sure Disney could raise the price much more than that. It was amazing ice cream.

Doubt it. They are real picky with their ice cream. LOL, i was joking in Paris last summer about selling it in the states. Counter girl assured me that it would close before that happened. Lol, it is good ice cream. I'm going back in May, first place I'm stopping.

I wish the bakery would sell macarons! The line would wrap around the World Showcase if they tasted like the macarons at Ladurée in Paris!

Since French Macarons are basically a meringue-based pastry, I can only imagine that the Florida humidity would make it near impossible to keep them crisp.

The new bakery inside the gift shop is bigger and has seating as well,still not enough in my opinion but it's much better than the old situation.The new bakery does have a few more items on the menu such as soups and I believe is open at 9am before the World Showcase officially opens at 11am.

Doubt it. They are real picky with their ice cream. LOL, i was joking in Paris last summer about selling it in the states. Counter girl assured me that it would close before that happened. Lol, it is good ice cream. I'm going back in May, first place I'm stopping.

Wishful thinking on my part. I will have to wait until next March for my next two scoops.

Wanted to add...

the new bakery (just past the "old" location) is delish! We went there for a light lunch before our character dinner expecting just sandwiches, but the ham and cheese croissants and baguettes were amazing!

Thanks for the sharing the info. I knew about the new bakery but didn't know that an ice cream shop was opening too.

oh gosh! I nearly had a panic attack when I read the title of this thread! We get pastries from France every trip--they are SOOOOO GOOD!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter