Is That Real Chocolate? (May 2016 Trip Report)- UPDATE-2017 INVITE!

Oh, best wishes and best of luck with the new grandbaby---keep us in the "DisFamily" updated, please!

LOLOLOLOL @ Harry's bridges! :rotfl: When I fly I mostly feel like a combination of both Harry and Vanessa's reactions to it. :rotfl2: And the shorts---lol! Yep, the party is definitely over...we are having to wear each other's clothing!---what priceless memories! The good, the bad, and the its-time-to-go-home-now that all make it so wonderful.

Soooo agree with you on the grandchildren/love phenomenon. It can not be explained, it must be experienced!

Our family is planning a trip for the Christmas after next--there will be at least ten, perhaps 13+. So that should be interesting.

This TR was great fun. Thank you! I will feel guilty now if I don't do one. Grandmothers gotta represent, know what I'm sayin'? ;)

Ariane37--I dated Stephen King's second cousin throughout high school. His mom and Stephen King were cousins. His books always scared me too much to be enjoyable---the clown one? And the vampire book? :scared1: Scary.

Loved your TR! Yours is a wonderful example for people who complain about DME picking them up 3 hours before their flight leaves :rotfl2: Glad you made it, although if I had to miss a flight I rather miss my flight home from Disney than to Disney!

And thanks for the info. on the tours taking you to places in SK's book "It". Now I may have to talk DH into a trip up to Maine :car:

Do you have a new Grandbaby yet?

Ariane37--I dated Stephen King's second cousin throughout high school. His mom and Stephen King were cousins. His books always scared me too much to be enjoyable---the clown one? And the vampire book? :scared1: Scary.

WHAT??? That is awesome! I ended up meeting him back in......2000 or 2001. I think 2001 because in 2000 he was most likely still recovering from his 1999 car accident. He was the speaker at the Vassar College graduation and I'm 10 minutes from there so DH and I went over. Once the ceremony was over I was able to shake his hand :goodvibes His first book I read was "Pet Cemetery" which was actually recommended to me by my 7th grade teacher! The clown one, "It", is the only book that truly scared me. Part way through I had to bury it in the bottom of my closet for about 2 months ::yes::

I'm staying at BWV so I'm hoping I can handle the clown pool. :jester: :crazy2: All his books freaked me out. My DH and I just watched Pet Semetary, I was always too afraid so this is the first time I've seen it. "IT"! Was that the name? Wowee. I read his books in high school. LOL @ burying his book. I totally understand.

I never met him. We lived in California, a long way from Maine.

Sorry for hijacking the thread!

Yes, any babies yet? :fish:

Glad you made it to the plane! My son at that age said the B word as well for Bridge and the f word for fox. At least he wasn't pointing through the line of people and saying that, lol. Thank you for writing this trip report and best of luck with the new grandbaby.

Harrison can now say "bridge" and it sounds like "bridge"! A few months earlier would have been nice!:rotfl: Thanks for following along!

Loved reading your trip report. We go to Disney every year in May and were there a few days after you left! Thank you for sharing all the stories and cute pics of your grandkids! They are adorable!

Thanks for reading along! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Yes, we love those cute grandkids so much!:love:

Oh my gosh! Love the update! I would have been screaming and freaking out if I cut it THAT close to getting on our flight :scared1: MCO has the WORST security lines…I can just imagine what you must've felt like!

Poor Harry…he probably didn't know why everyone was making such a fuss about him wanting to see the "bridges!" :rotfl:

Good luck with the new grand baby! Can't wait to see some pics!

I was so sure we were going to miss our flight. I was so anxious and nervous, but eventually I just figured there was nothing we could do. We hurried as fast as we could after dropping off the rental car, but then when we saw the long lines at security, that was when I figured we weren't going to make it. Luckily, we did!

Oh, best wishes and best of luck with the new grandbaby---keep us in the "DisFamily" updated, please!

LOLOLOLOL @ Harry's bridges! :rotfl: When I fly I mostly feel like a combination of both Harry and Vanessa's reactions to it. :rotfl2: And the shorts---lol! Yep, the party is definitely over...we are having to wear each other's clothing!---what priceless memories! The good, the bad, and the its-time-to-go-home-now that all make it so wonderful.

Soooo agree with you on the grandchildren/love phenomenon. It can not be explained, it must be experienced!

Our family is planning a trip for the Christmas after next--there will be at least ten, perhaps 13+. So that should be interesting.

This TR was great fun. Thank you! I will feel guilty now if I don't do one. Grandmothers gotta represent, know what I'm sayin'? ;)

Yes, you need to do a trip report!:yay: Like you said, grandmas have to have their say! Grandmas rule!:thumbsup2

Loved your TR! Yours is a wonderful example for people who complain about DME picking them up 3 hours before their flight leaves :rotfl2: Glad you made it, although if I had to miss a flight I rather miss my flight home from Disney than to Disney!

And thanks for the info. on the tours taking you to places in SK's book "It". Now I may have to talk DH into a trip up to Maine :car:

Do you have a new Grandbaby yet?

WHAT??? That is awesome! I ended up meeting him back in......2000 or 2001. I think 2001 because in 2000 he was most likely still recovering from his 1999 car accident. He was the speaker at the Vassar College graduation and I'm 10 minutes from there so DH and I went over. Once the ceremony was over I was able to shake his hand :goodvibes His first book I read was "Pet Cemetery" which was actually recommended to me by my 7th grade teacher! The clown one, "It", is the only book that truly scared me. Part way through I had to bury it in the bottom of my closet for about 2 months ::yes::

I'm staying at BWV so I'm hoping I can handle the clown pool. :jester: :crazy2: All his books freaked me out. My DH and I just watched Pet Semetary, I was always too afraid so this is the first time I've seen it. "IT"! Was that the name? Wowee. I read his books in high school. LOL @ burying his book. I totally understand.

I never met him. We lived in California, a long way from Maine.

Sorry for hijacking the thread!

Yes, any babies yet? :fish:

Ariane37 and CaliTex- Okay, the following pics are for you, guys!

Here are a few pics I took on a Stephen King tour we took in Bangor a few years ago.

Stephen King's house.
DSC_0255.jpg

Love the spiders and webs on his front gates!
DSC_0253.jpg

This was taken at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Bangor. Some of the scenes in Pet Sematary were filmed here.
DSC_0263.jpg

Right in this area is where Stephen King was filmed in his cameo as a minister presiding over a funeral.
DSC_0260.jpg

These stairs on the hillside can be seen in a few shots in the film.
DSC_0265.jpg

The tour we took was great! We saw a lot of places in "Derry"!:thumbsup2:eek:

Last edited:

No news yet on our grandbaby! Still waiting! I'm keeping my phone with me wherever I go, because I'll be the first person Megan calls. I'll have to go get the other three grandkids! They'll be staying with Larry and me, and as soon as that sweet new baby arrives, we'll be going in to see her! Well, maybe we'll let mom and dad have some time alone with their new baby first!:)

A few final thoughts on our trip. I thought I'd post some pros and cons about our experiences, but here's the thing...I honestly have no cons to write about! I can not think of any negative experiences we had the entire time we were there! It really was one of the best WDW trips I've ever gone on. Being a part of the Disney Social Media Moms Conference was an experience like nothing I've ever had at Disney! I am so appreciative of everything they did for all the attendees, and especially the extra bit of magic and special treatment that the family members got to experience! pixiedust: Disney went above and beyond! :thanks: The extra perks, the entertainment, the food, the fast passes and Magic Bands, and no waiting in lines, and special character meet and greets, the surprise room drops, it was all fantastic!

Remember the Beach Club tote that Megan gave me on Mother's Day? I forgot to mention that she had also put a few goodies in the tote bag. This is one of those goodies! Megan knew I'd get a lot of use out of this beach towel, so she gave it to me.
DSC_0150.jpg

I've been using it all summer! A great reminder of all the fun we had at Disney!
DSC_0148.jpg

Attending the DSMMC was amazing, but it was also great to be able to extend our trip by a few days so that Larry and Daniel could join us at Disney! One of my favorite memories from the trip was all of us relaxing at Mama Melrose's for dinner after a day of fun at Hollywood Studios.:)

A few other favorite memories:

Watching Carter go down the big water slide at Stormalong Bay for the first time!
Sitting on the beach at the Beach Club while the grandkids ate Mickey Bars!
The beach party at Typhoon Lagoon!
Watching Carter and Vanessa figuring out the clues to the Phineas and Ferb Interactive game at the UK Pavilion!
Harrison's interactions with the characters!
All of us eating fish and chips in the garden area at the UK Pavilion!
The room drops!

It was all terrific!:thumbsup2 The whole trip! Well, maybe not the dash to the airport!:laughing:

There is absolutely nothing like seeing WDW and Disneyland through the eyes of your grandchildren and getting to experience the Parks with them! I highly recommend it!:jumping1:

Last edited:
You made my day with the Stephen King pictures, thank you so much!!! I do have one of his house somewhere but who knows where, I still have boxes I haven't unpacked from our move 3.5 years ago :sad2: Seeing the ones from the cemetery from Pet Sematary is awesome; I'm going to have to watch the movie again now (not a problem lol) and look for those scenes! And try convincing DH we need a trip to Maine if that tour is still given ;)

Please keep us updated with baby news; for Megan's sake I hope she arrives soon princess:

Love the photos of the house and of the cemetery. Thanks! The leaves are beautiful, too. Lovely to see since I live in an area of the country that doesn't get to see a lot of that. I'm kinda weird, I realize, but I actually love old cemeteries. So much history. I was in New England several years ago and spent a good bit of time in a very, very old cemetery. I even took a picnic lunch and ate sitting under a tree there. (Stephen King would have approved, ha ha)

I am so glad you had such a wonderful trip! And so many happy memories! :love:

I am off to start the day, I have a couple of appointments and in between is lunch with the 1st and 5th grade grands (20 minutes apart :headache:) for Grandparent's Day at their school.

Ariane37 needs to do a trip report for her upcoming Thanksgiving trip, too--where she gives Disney at Thanksgiving another whirl (minus the hurl)! I am impatiently waiting here-and these trip reports and so informative and help the :snail: wait. I swear, it seems like time is actually moving backwards. :scared:

Ariane37 needs to do a trip report for her upcoming Thanksgiving trip, too--where she gives Disney at Thanksgiving another whirl (minus the hurl)! I am impatiently waiting here-and these trip reports and so informative and help the :snail: wait. I swear, it seems like time is actually moving backwards. :scared:
Have no fear, I will definitely do a TR upon our return :thumbsup2 And I'll be praying there's no hurl this time lol!

Have no fear, I will definitely do a TR upon our return :thumbsup2 And I'll be praying there's no hurl this time lol!

Awesome! I love your TRs--I love the guys' reactions to stuff and how you have to fight for anything *girly* like a princess meet--lol--and I appreciate your reviews.

I loved your report. I've read a lot and it was so great getting to read about a unique experience from your perspective. Megan is so lucky to have you. We bought our house close to my dad's after we had DS7. It's been a wonderful experience to have grandparents who live close and spend so much time with him.

I'm also checking out Megan's blog. I wasn't thinking of blogging, but she sure seems to have fun!

I really loved your trip report! All of the extras were just magical. Good luck with the new baby, they are all such a blessing. I wholeheartedly agree that there is nothing as special as sharing time with a grandchild at wdw. I am so blessed to be able to go often, as my granddaughter lives just 3 hours from the world. I have to fly 1000+ miles, but would do that often anyway. I'll have to check out Megan's blog!

You made my day with the Stephen King pictures, thank you so much!!! I do have one of his house somewhere but who knows where, I still have boxes I haven't unpacked from our move 3.5 years ago :sad2: Seeing the ones from the cemetery from Pet Sematary is awesome; I'm going to have to watch the movie again now (not a problem lol) and look for those scenes! And try convincing DH we need a trip to Maine if that tour is still given ;)

Please keep us updated with baby news; for Megan's sake I hope she arrives soon princess:

Yes, the tours are still given. I believe there are several companies that give tours, some using buses and some using smaller vans.

Love the photos of the house and of the cemetery. Thanks! The leaves are beautiful, too. Lovely to see since I live in an area of the country that doesn't get to see a lot of that. I'm kinda weird, I realize, but I actually love old cemeteries. So much history. I was in New England several years ago and spent a good bit of time in a very, very old cemetery. I even took a picnic lunch and ate sitting under a tree there. (Stephen King would have approved, ha ha)

I am so glad you had such a wonderful trip! And so many happy memories! :love:

I am off to start the day, I have a couple of appointments and in between is lunch with the 1st and 5th grade grands (20 minutes apart :headache:) for Grandparent's Day at their school.

I love when schools have special events just for grandparents! I bet your grandkids loved having you visit and join them for lunch!:bounce:

I loved your report. I've read a lot and it was so great getting to read about a unique experience from your perspective. Megan is so lucky to have you. We bought our house close to my dad's after we had DS7. It's been a wonderful experience to have grandparents who live close and spend so much time with him.

I'm also checking out Megan's blog. I wasn't thinking of blogging, but she sure seems to have fun!

Thank you! Megan has been blogging for about eight years. She started around the time Carter was born. It took a few years for it to really take off, but in the past three years or so, she's been doing very well with it. It IS a lot of work! She attends many blogging conferences and has even been a featured speaker at several events. The invite to the Disney Social Media Moms Conference was definitely one of the most exciting things to happen due to her blogging!pixiedust: It might be against DIS rules to post blog titles here, so if you want the name of her blog, just send me a PM!

I really loved your trip report! All of the extras were just magical. Good luck with the new baby, they are all such a blessing. I wholeheartedly agree that there is nothing as special as sharing time with a grandchild at wdw. I am so blessed to be able to go often, as my granddaughter lives just 3 hours from the world. I have to fly 1000+ miles, but would do that often anyway. I'll have to check out Megan's blog!

I'm not sure if it's allowed, so I won't post Megan's blog title here, but if you PM me, I'll send it to you. Yay for you getting to visit WDW with your granddaughter!:)

I am very happy to report that our precious granddaughter has arrived!!!:welcome: :jumping1:

Here she is with her very happy Mom! Melody Cynthia arrived Friday morning, and she is just as sweet as can be! 9 lbs. 1 oz. 20 inches long
image.jpg

image%202.jpg

Larry and I took the other three grandkids in to meet their new baby sister later that afternoon.
Gramma and grandbaby!
IMG_1707.jpg

Grampa and grandbaby!
DSC_0183.jpg

Big brother, Carter, with his new baby sister!
IMG_1656.jpg

Vanessa is very excited to have a little sister!
DSC_0167.jpg

IMG_1678.jpg

Harrison wasn't quite as instantly in love with his new baby sister as the older two, but we did capture this sweet picture of him giving her a kiss!
DSC_0173.jpg

This is one of my favorite photos! Melody already has quite the fan club!:hug:
DSC_0187.jpg

First family photo!
DSC_0199.jpg

Last edited:
I have to include these pics from yesterday! Since we are New Englanders living in Arizona, we have to root for the Arizona Cardinals as well as the New England Patriots. Last night's game was crazy!

Here is Melody representing the Cardinals for our West Coast family and friends!
IMG_1776.jpg

And here she is representing the Patriots for our East Coast family and friends!
1098253c-829d-407d-b374-5bd3df95b7a3.jpg

A pic with her eyes open!
5f021843-bbe8-4dd1-a38a-2ad6a39bf0fe.jpg

We are so blessed to have a beautiful new granddaughter, and so fortunate that we get to spend a lot of time with all four of our precious grandkids!

THANK YOU to everyone that followed along on this trip report!:thanks: It was one of the best trips we've ever taken to WDW!pixiedust:

Last edited:
She is absolutely beautiful! Great name, too! Melody is my mother-in-law's name :-)

I love the look on Vanessa's face. She looks so happy to have another girl in the house!

YAY!!! Awww...she is precious!

:welcome: and belated :bday: Melody Cynthia!

Congratulations and best wishes to all of you! I wish you all of God's blessings!!:goodvibes

Thank you! Megan has been blogging for about eight years. She started around the time Carter was born. It took a few years for it to really take off, but in the past three years or so, she's been doing very well with it. It IS a lot of work! She attends many blogging conferences and has even been a featured speaker at several events. The invite to the Disney Social Media Moms Conference was definitely one of the most exciting things to happen due to her blogging!pixiedust: It might be against DIS rules to post blog titles here, so if you want the name of her blog, just send me a PM!

I'm not sure if it's allowed, so I won't post Megan's blog title here, but if you PM me, I'll send it to you. Yay for you getting to visit WDW with your granddaughter!:)[/QUOTE]

I typed in her name, Phoenix and Disney and she popped right up, so no trouble finding her blog myself, which is good news for her blog. I was very interested to read the info she had about monetizing her blogging. Definitely makes me think about it. Congrats on the newest addition!

She is absolutely beautiful! Great name, too! Melody is my mother-in-law's name :-)

I love the look on Vanessa's face. She looks so happy to have another girl in the house!

Since her parents have music and musical theatre degrees (and teach high school show choir/band/music) and are very involved in community theatre, the name makes a lot of sense!:dance3:
Yes, Vanessa is very happy to even the score- two girls and two boys!

Congratulations! She is precious.

Thank you! Definitely a keeper!:yay:

YAY!!! Awww...she is precious!

:welcome: and belated :bday: Melody Cynthia!

Congratulations and best wishes to all of you! I wish you all of God's blessings!!:goodvibes

Thank you so much!:)

I'm not sure if it's allowed, so I won't post Megan's blog title here, but if you PM me, I'll send it to you. Yay for you getting to visit WDW with your granddaughter!:)

I typed in her name, Phoenix and Disney and she popped right up, so no trouble finding her blog myself, which is good news for her blog. I was very interested to read the info she had about monetizing her blogging. Definitely makes me think about it. Congrats on the newest addition![/QUOTE]

Oh, good! I'm glad you found it! Like I said, she's been blogging for about eight years, and at the beginning she had a few years where she didn't post much. She's doing very well with her blog and I am always amazed at all the freebies and offers she receives on a daily basis. I know it is a lot of work, though! She works hard to maintain a reputable, informative blog!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter