Is test track overrated?

I think that this ride always has long waits because before mission space was built, it was the ONLY thrill ride in Epcot. I also think that is why so many people feel it is overrated. That said, it is one of my favs, and i wouldn't miss it, but I would fastpass it, or go on right after illuminations when the line is short.

I once waited 1 hour and 45 minutes for Splash Mountain, but I thought that was kind of worth it. It was like a badge of honor. But I just LOVE Splash Mountain.

We used to be able to do the waits at WDW with no problem. But ever since we started staying on-site at UO, we just can't stomach the waits at any themeparks or amusement parks anymore. The front-of-the-line benefit at UO spoiled us for all other parks. Last spring we went to Worlds of Fun in KC and the (20) minute waits just about killed us :faint:. I couldn't imagine trying to wait (90) minutes for TT at this point.

I like it a lot! But then again I don't like thrill rides so what does that tell ya?!!! :D

I hope to see NO 90 minute lines when I go in a couple weeks! (fingers crossed). I enjoy this ride quite a bit and I think I like it more everytime I experience it. It's not the big thrill that first timers (including myself a few years ago) expect, but the setup and flow of the ride is nice, and I have never owned or been in a convertible so the outside part feels really great too. Actually...I think my vacation money for next year should go towards a convertible instead...hmm

Well...we rode it for the first time last May, and we had fun! We also got stuck at the head of the line for a little while as they fixed something. My DD's, 7 and 9 were SO SCARED going into this ride - the joy on their faces and the THRILL they had was so worth every moment of waiting. It was tamer than I had expected, but I really liked it, and we all plan to do it again about this time next year!!

This ride has always been kind of lame to me. My normal route to work is just like the rigors that they put the car through, so really driving that 5 days a week, not too exciting to have it billed as a "thrill" ride. I can take or leave this ride and would not wait more than 10 minutes in line to ride it. Plus, with its breaking down all the time, some of the timinigs are just off so you are not even getting the ride as it should be. The only good parts of this ride is the photo - great posing and acting opportunity and the all too brief trip outside.

Still a fun, enjoyable ride. But, it is overated. I would not wait a long time for this ride.

Thanks for the info. Just to explain the 90 minute wait. We got up in the morning and skipped breakfast. The idea was to get a fast pass at Mission space and head to TT, ride it go back to Mission Space and we would be done with Epcot for the week. When we got to TT is was broken and never opened that morning. We ate, went on spaceship earth and headed to Mission space with our fast pass. On our way TT was still closed but we could get another fast pass at this time unfortunately the return time was 5-6 PM and we were going to be long gone before that. When we came out of Mission space, TT was open with a 90 minute wait, 35 minutes for singles but my 8 year old did not want to go alone so we waited. The good thing about the wait was my wife finally got to meet the Beast in France so that part was worth it. If I could walk on I might do it again but that is it.

Thanks

I wouldn't wait for anything for 90 minutes except for the night shows (hey, I'm tired, I want to sit).

I love test track but wouldn't wait longer than 20 minutes.

if not for DD5, I won't ride it again. I drive 100 mph every day to and from the office.

Potholes in Toronto are worse than the gravel simulation on TT.

ABS-off/on simulation can be experienced by pressing a button in my car anyway :teeth:

Avoiding truck? Highway 401 in Toronto is like that too, I have to dodge truck attacks at least a couple of times each trip.

Hot/Cold simulation? well, I live in Toronto... enough said :crazy:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I absolutly love this ride!! It is good, clean, fun!!!. I don't think it is overrated. I wouldn't wait 90 min. to go on it, but I wouldn't do that for any ride, I'm not that patient.:Pinkbounc

Anyway, it made me smile. Sure...I have been on more intense rides in and out of WDW, but they didn't make me laugh and smile when I was on it. Yep...LOVE IT!!!!:wave:

I have overheard people coming off this ride saying that was it? I disagree!! I love this ride. It was one of maybe 5 rides at any park I'd consider waiting 90 minutes for. But alas we all have our own opinions.

The first time I went on it I was not impressed. With each future ride I've liked it a little better but I definately wouldn't wait more than 10-15min for it. The only ride I have ever waited an hour for was Splash Mountain and I chose to do the wait because it is my favorite ride and it was worth it to me. And that was before fast pass.

Do I think it is overrated? YES Do I enjoy it? YES Would I wait 90 minutes? NO Do I get upset if I miss riding it while I am there? NO

Originally posted by Eyore4Ever149

I KNOW my car at home can do speeds far greater than that ride- and takes tighter corners too! LOL. But, If I were a 12 year old with no license, maybe I would think it was a cooler ride.

I agree with you, I think it may be more fun to someone with no license that can't just drive fast on the highway if they want.
(PS, I live in Brookfield too and now I think im going to have to watch out for you practicing test track down Federal Road!)

I usually go on this once, and then when I get off I ask myself, why did I even bother?? I really don't like this ride and it isn't a thrill ride that is for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter