• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is T-Rex That Bad?

kkhoarell

Earning My Ears
I have heard a lot of negative reviews of T-Rex... I was wondering why everyone thinks it's so bad, or who actually likes it (and why)

I didn't think it was bad. The food was pretty good. I thought it was loud but I didn't expect it to be quiet. We plan to go back next time we are there because the kids loved it. If you have young kids, I would definitely recommend it. If we didn't have kids, we would probably not go back. It's all for them!!!

Everyone has their opinions on which places are good and bad. However, they are just someone else's opinion. We went to Boma expecting this amazing dinner after reading everyone's reviews, only to be let down and leave hungry. After that I learn to read reviews, but not to make all my decisions by them.

All of that aside, I will tell you about our trip to T-Rex. We were a party of 8 with a reservation made 180 days in advance. Once we got to the podium and checked in we where told it would be a short wait. That wait was almost an hour and we watched people being sat before us, that checked in after us. Once we were seated we were placed at a very cramped 6 top. It was so tight a drink was spilled because there was no room to set it down. Our waiter was okay not the greatest and super slow. So slow we watched all the tables around us turn over multiple times while we were there. The food is okay, nothing to write home about and the desserts that we received were okay. I say received because our waiter couldn't be bothered to bring them all out and couldn't be bothered to bring our bills. We had to ask repeatedly for them, in the end we have up hope of ever getting all of the desserts and just shared the ones we had. By the time our meal was over we had been sitting for well over two hours and still waiting to pay the bills. Yes we did complain and yes we did fill out a survey, but no one seemed to care. Also the restaurant is extremely loud with flashing lights and crazy colored rooms. Based on our experience we will not be rushing back.

I do know a lot of people who have gone here and loved it. We might have just had an off night.

We were there in April. We're a family of three, daughter is 8. We did not like it at all. My husband had the ribs and he said they were just okay. Daughter had the pizza which looked and tasted like one of those frozen ones you buy at the grocery store. I had a hard time finding something on the menu and settled for a pasta dish wish shrimp. Not so good. I didn't expect it to be quiet but I didn't expect it to be so loud. I could not hear my husband talk to me and he was sitting right across from me. We are not a picky family and I consider us willing "to go with the flow"...we're easy going people. But this place was horrible.

We enjoyed our meal there. Was is spectacular? No, but it was good. Our server was very busy but she checked on us numerous times and our drinks were always full. If you've never been it's certainly worth a try. The atmosphere is fun.

T-Rex is a kin to TGIFriday's or Applebee's. Similar food offerings, quality, how it's prepared, etc. T-Rex is a chain owned by the same as Rainforest Cafe, so the two restaurants are very similar.

It's not bad, but you won't find any unique dishes there and the food is kind of blah. If you've done RFC, you've done T-Rex.

We ate at T-Rex for the first time last year. We were seated promptly at our ADR time, service was great and food was good. It is VERY loud and crowded, with a lot of things going on. The kids got a kick out of it, but it's not a place we need to repeat every trip. You just need to go into it knowing that the atmosphere in the restaurant is a little crazy. :upsidedow

I think if you're going for burger or a chicken sandwich it's pretty good. It's a cute place and the kids think it's fun.

It's edible but not fantastic. For the price you are better off somewhere else on property. If you have a son or daughter who loves dinosaurs that would be the only reason I might eat there.

We Love T-Rex! We're a loud family and there are usually 9 or 10 of us. We love the atmosphere (our kids loved it when they were little and still want to eat there every trip). We've always got good food. Now we're not what you would consider "foodies" - just down to earth, normal food eating folks. We've tried the ribs, nachos, burgers, sandwiches, pasta - lots of stuff and everyone has always enjoyed it.

Like others have said - it's loud and crowded - but we love it!:yay:

The foods crap. You just have to know that going into it lol. If you've ever eaten at Rainforest Cafe, it's the same blah food. I think the atmosphere is fun for the kids esp if you have a dinosaur lover. We are planning to go again when we are there in December.

We love T-Rex! A must do for our family every trip.

We really enjoy the atmosphere and have always had good food and good service. The mushroom ravioli is amazing!

The menu is large and has plenty of choices for everyone.

we have always found it very good and usually book a dinner every stay,:thumbsup2

DH and I really like it. The atmosphere is cool and the food is tasty. Service is always good...haven't had a bad experience at all. My favs to order are the Footprints Flatbread and the rotisserie chicken.

It wasn't amazing food, but it was pretty good and we will go back on our next trip. It was my sons's favorite restaurant because of the atmosphere and dinosaurs.

We go every trip. Last dec we went and were sat in the ice room and it is basically lit up with blue lights and changes to red every so often. It really messed with my eyes and made me sick.

Last week we went back and requested to not be in there and it was once again enjoyable.

The rexadillas are pretty tasty. So is the piña colada and the category 5.. Was feeling pretty good when We left lol

Oh also, we are from houston and there is a ton of Landrys restaurants here so we are select members and trex is part of the Landrys family. I mention this because you will never get bad service being a card member because you give a review to Landrys about your visit immediately after the dining. Waiters no this and will treat you well.. At least that's our experience. :)

We ate there for the first time in December - mostly because DS6 LOVES dinosaurs. We really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. The chocolate extinction dessert was pretty cool. We plan on going back on our next trip!

I want to go just to try the cotton-tini! I imagine it's a really cool place for kids, especially ones that love dinosaurs! We don't have kids so I can't see us dining there, but definitely stopping by the bar and checking out some dinos :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter