Is T Rex Cafe in Downtown Disney Scary?

Dominion

Mouseketeer
This restaurant looks like it would be a fun meal and very entertaining for my daughters and nieces, ages 3-7. My only concern is that it could be kind of scary for my 3 year old (will be 3.5 by the time we go.) Is it loud? Are the dinosaurs "roaring" throughout the meal? Do they move?

I'd hate to make an ADR and then get over there and figure out she is terrified!!

Thanks!

Yes they roar at times, they move at times but its rather subtle and about every 15 minutes there is a "meteor shower" where its louder with thunder and lightning but it doesn't last long. I can't tell you about a little girls reaction from personal experience but I can say that I took my nephew at age 3 (almost 4) last year and age 5 just a few weeks ago and he loves it! There is so much to do and see but its not overwhelming. I saw kids of all ages there and I can't say that I saw any of them that seemed to be scared or upset. In fact most of them were not eating during all the action just to be able to watch all that was happening. I think there are some of the seating areas that are a little more secluded than others but nothing keeps you away from the meteor showers. On a side note though - unless the girls are dinosaur fans you might look into Rain Forest Cafe, same food basically, same "showers" but the animals aren't as scary , we ate there on our recent trip too and he enjoyed it just as much esp the larger gift shop ie more choices for his surprise gift from my 14 yr old nephew.

I took my DD the first time when she was 3.5 yrs old. she loved it. It was a bit loud but I was told to stay out of the ice age area because its the loudest part.

This restaurant looks like it would be a fun meal and very entertaining for my daughters and nieces, ages 3-7. My only concern is that it could be kind of scary for my 3 year old (will be 3.5 by the time we go.) Is it loud? Are the dinosaurs "roaring" throughout the meal? Do they move?

I'd hate to make an ADR and then get over there and figure out she is terrified!!

Thanks!

Hi, when we first went my son was only 3 and yes he was scared.... He was alright once we were in and settled. The CM could see he wasn't liking the T. rex in the check in line so they seated us in the fire pit I think it's called; In front of the kitchen. The noise didn't bother him after 20 mins.

Yes, it is scary. I took my 4.5 yo girls who love Dinosaurs and are really into Dino Dan on Nick and other Dinosaur stuff in general and they screamed and cried the whole time so we had to get everything to go. I won't go back until they are much older, if we do ever go back.

I showed my 3 y-o DD pics of the restaurant's inside from Google and told her all the dinos there are friendly. She asked me to make a reservation for tomorrow (we aren't going until fall!). So we'll see how it goes when we are there for real....

Everyone will be different.

My son who is nearly 7 and scared of the dark and our house cat :confused3 was NOT scared of T-Rex or Sci Fi when we went when he was turning 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter