Is SW early bird worth the 12.50?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by edk35, Mar 6, 2013.

1. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

Welll...

It's the "business traveler" commercial that is HORRIDLY misleading.

First they claim the "business traveler" pays for luggage. Nope, most of them either (A) are frequent flyers and get free luggage or (B) thier company pays so they don't care

Then they claim the same about seat assignments once again (A) or (B)

But 90% of the business travelers I know are NOT subject to the issues SW claims they "save us from" Not to mention that SW actually refuses to play with the TSA precheck so they actually submit us to more TSA hassle LOL (They never show that do they, be a business traveler on Delta and you can get a 'fast pass' to the worse part of the airport expereince, but on SW that's not happening)

So the "advantage" SW "advertises" on thier "look at him being knocked down commerical" is "SW hype" not "reality" :rotfl2:

IMHO it's not false it's just misleading, but wrong (not to mention it's a stupid add, who wrote it a 5 year old???)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wdwfan1

wdwfan1 DIS Veteran

We always buy EBCI now, but in the past if we had to check in while in a park we would go to guest relations and check in on a computer there, and print our boarding passes.

4. clanmcculloch

clanmcculloch DIS Veteran

Check-in for all legs of your flight will be done at T-36 from the scheduled departure time of the first leg of your flight. This means that you're checked in for your connecting flight before those who are starting their trips at your connecting city.

If you just do a change to your itinerary to get the credit and maintain your same confirmation number then you will still have EBCI for your flight. If you cancel and rebook (this is necessarily for DING fares, not that they seem to be worthwhile these days for the few DINGs that actually show up) resulting in a different confirmation number then you will lose your EBCI.

5. lisagirl88

lisagirl88 Mouseketeer

We just arrived back yesterday from Orlando and both our flights were totally full. We were a party of 4(2A, 2C ages 8 and 10). I didn't pay for EBCI for our flight down or back. For our flight down I checked in right at the 24 hour mark and got B24-28. We had no problem getting any seat(just toward the middle/back of the plane). On our flight back we were at the park at the 24 hour mark and it totally slipped my mind so we checked in at the 27ish hour mark and got B55-58. We had our choice of seats, but in the last 4 rows of the plane. We choose to split up a bit and ended up in the middle of the plane, but all within a row of one another.

I really don't see the point in buying EBCI unless you absolutely want to be at the front of the plane or have a window seat in the front/middle of the plane. I personally sat in an isle seat for the first time and loved it!

6. Shelly F - Ohio

Shelly F - Ohio Disney Extraordinaire

I think its a crap shoot. Last month I did not buy it and I ended up changing my ticket at the last minute to a flight that left MCO in 6 hours. I thought for sure I would get a C boarding since I was checking in 6 hours before the flight left. NOPE I got an A group.

7. elaine amj

elaine amj DIS Veteran

I would never have thought of doing that! I didn't realise they would actually allow us to use their computers!!

we bit the bullet and paid for EBCI for my DH and DD. They'll go in and snag a row of seats. My DS can join them later and grab the middle seat of their row. I'll get on whenever (I'll check DS and myself in at 24 hrs) and grab a seat wherever.

We would have stuck with the 24 check in mark - but we have 4 separate reservations and trying to juggle 4 of them on smartphones in a park (and we're hoping to go to Typhoon Lagoon) would be endlessly annoying.