Is STK Orlando part of the DDP?

It looks like maybe not. From Disney's own site:
2WauMRL.png

I would call and ask. Last year it was a 2TS Signature meal. They may have opted out, which is unusual, but if they had a lot of people confused about side dishes and were being offered an unattractive reimbursement and thought they could fill the place anyway, it could happen.

It may or may not be but it is a terrible use of the DDP. It operates as a traditional steak house so your 2 TS credits get you just your protein if you get steak and no sides. So unless you order one of their few dishes with a side (which chicken and fish again is a bad use of 2 credits) you end up paying out of pocket for any side you want.

There are still some restaurants still showing the same way- including Chefs - dont think the system has been completely updated yet... We are thinking about wanting to try STK and will be on the Deluxe Plan. With two appetizers, and entrees and desserts- we could probably do without sides- we have upgraded free dining so, the cost would still be well worth it for us..... still pondering ....decisions, decisions
Dining Plans Accepted at Chefs de France
When you book a Disney vacation, you may opt to purchase a Magic Your Way Vacation Package that includes one of our Disney Dining Plans. Each dining plan provides a set of entitlements you can redeem at select Walt Disney World dining locations.
Refer to your specific dining plan for the numbers of entitlements required per person for this location. Ranges mean that entitlements vary based on factors including seating location, season or time of day. Please call us, visit the location or check availability to learn the specific number of entitlements.
Dining Plan Type
2017 Entitlements Required
Lunch
Dinner
Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan
N/A N/A
Disney Dining Plan N/A N/A
Disney Deluxe Dining Plan N/A N/A
Disney Premium Plan N/A N/A
Disney Platinum Plan N/A N/A

There are still some restaurants still showing the same way- including Chefs - dont think the system has been completely updated yet... We are thinking about wanting to try STK and will be on the Deluxe Plan. With two appetizers, and entrees and desserts- we could probably do without sides- we have upgraded free dining so, the cost would still be well worth it for us..... still pondering ....decisions, decisions
Dining Plans Accepted at Chefs de France
When you book a Disney vacation, you may opt to purchase a Magic Your Way Vacation Package that includes one of our Disney Dining Plans. Each dining plan provides a set of entitlements you can redeem at select Walt Disney World dining locations.
Refer to your specific dining plan for the numbers of entitlements required per person for this location. Ranges mean that entitlements vary based on factors including seating location, season or time of day. Please call us, visit the location or check availability to learn the specific number of entitlements.
Dining Plan Type
2017 Entitlements Required
Lunch
Dinner
Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan
N/A N/A
Disney Dining Plan N/A N/A
Disney Deluxe Dining Plan N/A N/A
Disney Premium Plan N/A N/A
Disney Platinum Plan N/A N/A

Chefs IS listed on the link I posted the link to above (which is what comes up when I click on the participating restaurants link on the Dining Plan PDF - the restaurant used to be listed ON the Dining Plan PDF, so that - plus a lot more listed - tells me it's pretty much done).

STK is not.

It may or may not be but it is a terrible use of the DDP. It operates as a traditional steak house so your 2 TS credits get you just your protein if you get steak and no sides. So unless you order one of their few dishes with a side (which chicken and fish again is a bad use of 2 credits) you end up paying out of pocket for any side you want.
Yep, this is true. Although a few of their steaks are close to $60, so getting a $60 steak, drink and dessert for 2 credits isn't an awful use of those credits, even if you have to pay out of pocket for some sides (recognizing that you WILL have to pay out of pocket if you want sides).

Chefs IS listed on the link I posted the link to above (which is what comes up when I click on the participating restaurants link on the Dining Plan PDF - the restaurant used to be listed ON the Dining Plan PDF, so that - plus a lot more listed - tells me it's pretty much done).

STK is not.

Totally agree- especially since Chefs is in the park. I think it just shows that they are still tweaking and finalizing it all. Not sure when STK opened and if it would have even appeared on previously finalized list ( time is such a blur)...

Still not sure if I would go to STK but, it's nice to know if it will be an option.... My ADRs arent until the beginning of June so I have time to iron it all all out

Due to the updates on the DDP PDF and elsewhere, I am inclined to believe STK has opted out.

Just based on the number of people who post on the DIS hand-wringing about the sides, they may have decided that they are marketing to locals and non-DDP users.

I saw a post somewhere yesterday (maybe Trip Advisor?) stating that Disney wouldn't release the final list of restaurants participating in the dining plan this year until the end of January. No idea if that is accurate or not, but if so still time to add STK.

Were there any Disney Springs restaurants that did not participate in the DP last year? I would think that STK misses out on a lot of potential business that they might otherwise get if they opted out. And I don't think STK has the type of reputation nationwide that permits a bunch of missteps -- there was one here in DC that closed recently and had only been open a few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter