Is staying up til midnight really necessary for FPs?

Our 60 day window opened up last night. Only A&E passes that showed up for the 4 of us were afternoon on day 7 of our trip (which was our departure day and too late for us based on when we had to leave). I was able to get afternoon day 6 by booking myself, then copying to each family member 1 at a time. When doing the last copy, I couldn't get the same window, but it overlapped. I'm so happy I'd read this strategy here- we wouldn't have been able to get A&E for our family otherwise. Our dates are 9/20-9/26 and we got FP+ for 4 the evening of 9/25. I agree with what I've read elsewhere- start with your latest MK dates.

Also just a heads up- Wishes was already posted. I didn't see it last night but saw it this morning and was not able to grab one before they were gone. I know people have seen different windows of when Wishes opened up, but through 9/25 it's already there.

Good Luck!

We are going the same week. After getting up at 2:45 am Westcoast time for ADR's, I do plan to take advantage of time difference for FPP, since it will only be 9:00 pm (or 10:00 pm) my time. I think it is more about that, than availability.

The funny thing is that my sister ended up at a conference at DL Hotel in Anaheim, so we are tagging along and our 60 day mark will be the day we leave Disneyland after 3 nights. Disney overload! ...is that even possible? :banana:

Our 60 day window opened up last night. Only A&E passes that showed up for the 4 of us were afternoon on day 7 of our trip (which was our departure day and too late for us based on when we had to leave). I was able to get afternoon day 6 by booking myself, then copying to each family member 1 at a time. When doing the last copy, I couldn't get the same window, but it overlapped. I'm so happy I'd read this strategy here- we wouldn't have been able to get A&E for our family otherwise. Our dates are 9/20-9/26 and we got FP+ for 4 the evening of 9/25. I agree with what I've read elsewhere- start with your latest MK dates.

Also just a heads up- Wishes was already posted. I didn't see it last night but saw it this morning and was not able to grab one before they were gone. I know people have seen different windows of when Wishes opened up, but through 9/25 it's already there.

Good Luck!

Yikes this makes me nervous as our trip overlaps yours by a few days. :eek: Our FP+ window opens in 2 days so keeping my fingers crossed for A&E for our last day.

Only if you want Anna and Elsa. And you might even be able to get them if you are OK with a late time.

I have another question -- I have my upcoming reservations (not til 2015) but do I also need to convert my old paper tickets (I have park hoppers from our last trip) with Disney before I can make FP+ reservations online? Or do I just need my DVC reservation #?

You must have tickets linked to your MDX before you can make FPs, whether you have a resort reservation or not. You will be able to link your paper tickets using the number on the tickets, unless they are too old.

I'm not looking to get Anna and Elsa, and we're going the week before Thanksgiving which has low crowd levels. It sounds like overkill to be online at midnight to get Fastpasses? The only one I think I'd worry about is Mine Train.

Has it really gotten to the point where I should do it at midnight? I'll do it, but just wondered if people have really found that it was necessary.

Thanks!
I was not able to make the 60 day window because of work and previous commitments , so I did them at the 59 day window after supper, got everything we wanted, with the exception, of test trak. I was able to score Anna/Elsa , and mine train no problem.

I would never get up or stay up till midnight for fast pass !!!!!

We certainly didn't do ours at 12am Eastern- that's 5am GMT for us! Managed to get everything we wanted and change them around up to a week before we went, no problem.

My window opened yesterday. There was only one time available for 7DMT for our first day. I took it but I won't be able to keep it as it is the same time as our ADR in Epcot. I was able to get everything else for the rest of my trip for the times I wanted.

This question and many other FP FAQs are answered in the green link in my signature.

What about the festival parade and wishes?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter