Is Splash Mountain Currently Closed?

UBSHANG

Come on in, give us all a grin
Could someone who has recently returned or is currently visiting the MK confirm if Splash Mountain is currently closed for refurbishment as the operational updates indicate? In what way do you feel the closing has affected the attendance levels at other MK attractions?

HI! I was there last month (12/15-12/18) and Splash Mountain was open part of the day, closed the rest almost every day we were there. I don't know for sure if they are refurbishing but it wouldn't surprise me. It seems like everytime I am at the MK that ride isn't working :confused3

I think I read somewhere on the boards that SM would be closed for a few weeks in January.

According to the official WDW website, Splash Mountain will be down for rehab from Jan 5th to Jan 27th

According to the official WDW website, Splash Mountain will be down for rehab from Jan 5th to Jan 27th

It was definitley closed on Jan 5th. It looked so sad with the boats lying on the bottomwith no water anywhere:sick:

Hopefully they'll clean up the gum and other trash. This is one of our favorite rides and its so sad to notice what people have done to it.

Yes, it's closed now, and it seems to have increased the crowds at BTMRR. Yesterday afternoon, when even Space Mountain had a 10-minute standby wait posted, the Big Thunder sign indicated a 50-minute standby wait, and the FP return line extended out of the upper building and part-way down the hill...

It irks me to no end that they have two 'E' rides closed at the same time. Rock N Roller coaster is supposed to be closed this weekend while we are gone too. Couldn't they stagger the big rides a bit? Geez....

We were there 12/31-1/4 and were surprised that two 'E' rides were closed as of Jan 2. The Park 'times&events' brochure clearly showed that RockNRoller and SplashMountain would be open on Jan 1 and then close for the rest of the week. I think it really did impact the number of people waiting for the other rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter