Is Splash Mountain actually open again?

WDW Freak

Long Time Lurker
Since I can't seem to find the info. on Disney's new website, I hope someone who is there now or who just returned can help me. The old website said Splash should have been up and running again this past weekend. Is that true? Is the rehab over? It was closed on our trip last year, so the boys are really looking forward to riding it. Can anyone tell me for sure if it's back open?

Thanks,

We rode it on Sunday!! They delayed opening it until about 10:45 am and then while we were on they had technical difficulties that lasted maybe 5 minutes but we did get to ride it. My dd7 was ecstatic because that was our last day there and completed her mountain trifecta! So your boys should be able to ride it!

Rode it on MLK day - I haven't been on in a couple years and my son assured me I would just get splashed a "little bit." It had been cold out but that day it was warming up into the 60s, so I figured, what the heck. Well, I didn't now about the water cannons - didn't even make it around the first turn and I was shot in the side of the head with one and was soaked from head to toe. Live and learn!

Rode it yesterday (1-20-09). 5 minute posted wait and it wasn't even that. Probably because it was so chilly. Thank goodness we didn't get a drop of water on us!

The ride has stopped. We were toward the beginning next to the drop. The boat in front of us got drenched from the boat that dropped. We all whooped and hollered that it wasn't us!

The triple mountain whammy is now complete.... wham wham wham ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter