• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Spectromagic really worth the crowds/wait?

We missed Spectromagic on our first three trips. However, on our '08 trip, we happened to end up w/ an "extra" day on our tickets so we went to MK for just a brief bit our very first night in town because it was open later that night. We ran through a couple of "must-do" first rides and were on our way out when we caught the last half of Spectro. WOW! We were all enthralled. In fact, we made sure to make it back to MK one night later in the trip to catch the whole thing. Oddly enough, there was virtually NO ONE there the first night we saw it and I sure wouldn't call it crowded the second night either. It probably depends on when you go.

SpectroMagic is my single favorite experience at WDW. I love the music and listen to it often -- I even bought the Japanese-only Music Vacation CD about 10 years ago, when it was the only way to get an (incomplete) recording of it. And back then, buying a CD from overseas was more difficult than it is now. But most of those really special moments that epitomize the magic of the parks for me are connected to viewing SpectroMagic -- including the single happiest moment of my life ... so I rarely pass up the chance to catch it if I'm in the Magic Kingdom, even after seeing it dozens of times.

I love it.

SSB

Absolutley. Without a doubt. One of the best things Disney offers.

you guys have made me even more excited to have rearranged the schedule- My mom (who "sponsors" this trip for us all!) said she wanted to see Wishes, so my ADR's were to accomodate a viewing of Wishes in the park on the first night- I then realized that Wishes was not what she wanted to see, as we've seen that from several restaurants in the MK area over the years. Spectromagic wasn't offered that night, so I rearranged everything and now we will do an early 'Ohanas and head back over. Thanks for the viewing location tips too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter