• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Space Mountain realy closed?

mal0808

Mouseketeer
I heard from 1 of my friends, that Space Mountain was closed for 18~ 24 months, Is that true? I'm might be going in may and have never Been on Space Mountain and was hoping 2 get on it! and that really pops my pinaita! :headache:

P.S. ~~~ Does Anybody have aol? :scratchin

I've heard that, too. They're completely re-doing it, I think. That sucks that you won't be able to go on it because it's a really awesome ride! But it don't matter to me because I won't be going there for awhile anyways. :rolleyes:

Correct me if I am wrong but Alien Encounter is closed and Stitch's Great Escape will replace it in the future. I haven't seen anything on Space Mountain.

Please say it isn't so. That's a favorite. The new Stitch ride isn't supposed to open till late '04. Would they really have 2 big attractions in Tomorrowland closed at the same time?

I know why it's closed. It's because when I was at Disney last year, the coaster froze on them and they couldn't fix it.
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :jumping2: :jumping4: :jumping4: :jumping2: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I was there not to long ago. Space Mnt wasn't closed, but Big Thunder was. We were there the last day Encounters was open. It won't open agian until it's Stichafied.

I wasn't a big fan of encounter becuase I'm a big baby. Are they re-doing Space Mountain to be better, as in staying Space Mountain just updated, or are they putting something else there??? That's a classisc they better not change it.

I just read that there putting on a new track, making new rockets, and putting in new lights! I wanna ride it sooo badly:( oh well, :wave2:

I never actually rode Alien Encounter, but the last time we went me and my dad were going to go on it. But when we got in the room, it wasn't working and after of five minutes of just sitting there, we left.

mal0808 - When are you going to WDW? Maybe Space Mountain will be open by then.

I'm sad to hear Encounter is going, yet I do love Stitch. I will be looking forward to this ride. My family and I are planning to probably go towards the end of January '04. We will all miss Encounter dearly.:(
pirate: ~*Jen*~princess:

It's true Space Mt. really is closing. It sucks!!!:mad: Space Mt. is my fave ride and it's not coming back till 2005!!! :faint:

The Space Mountain in WDW is still very open (I was just there a couple days ago)... so I'm guessing you were referring to the one in DL.

space Mt was one of my favorite rides im sad it is closing but sort of glad that it isnt in Orlando cuz i dont think im going back to CA any time soon but im sad that it is cloding cuz the space Mt in CA was the first space Mt ive ever been on so that sux

oo yeah i have aol

I think it's only closing for renovation and then will reopen.:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter