Is Song flying out of new terminal A at Logan airport now?

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
I heard that this is where Delta will be flying out of, but not sure when it was going to take place.

Have you heard about this terminal's food choices? Going in April, sure hope there's more than Burger King for lunch!

Jill--we're flying out with Song tomorrow morning :cheer2: :Pinkbounc I'll let you all know when we get back! Not sure if they are open yet in Terminal A

Debbie

from http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2005/01/20/baguettes_bath_beads_at_logan/

"...The terminal, slated to open March 16 after a three-year, $400 million renovation by Delta Air Lines, will also feature a main concourse and a smaller satellite building, connected by a 635-foot underground tunnel with moving walkways, making it possible for waiting Delta passengers to move from one building to another without being exposed to the elements...."

Jillpie, m'dear, you're going the day before us aren't you? I am all for packing a snack from home for the ride to Logan and hanging out time, but for lunch, I really like Song's in-flight menu. For me, nothing beats their fruit & cheese plate for a nice light lunch in the air. And they have good salads and sandwiches too. Check out their current menu on-line at www.flysong.com

I am looking forward to the new Terminal A. The parking is waaaaay better than for C, with handicap spots right at the elevator (we need it bcs DS ios wheelchair bound). The walkway from Central Parking to Terminal A is in place and looks easy. If we are on an early morning flight, we like to drive in ourselves, then have my DSister take the T in and drive the car back, saving mucho $$$$ on cab or parking (this way she doesn't have to get up at the crack o'dawn to help us out).

When flying JetBlue in January, I really missed Song's in-flight food and the music option on the TVs. So now Song is our preferred MCO airline. We just bought for our October trip and will likely buy at 331 days for February '06.

Thanks for your replies guys! And Deb, have an awesome trip! You're going Feb. school vacation I take it, so have a ball!

Pumpkinboy, so wasn't it just yesterday we were trying for the lowest April vacation fares? Its right around the corner my friend, right around the corner!!!!!! :Pinkbounc We're going to see :earsboy: in a few short weeks, oh Yea!! Anyway (composing self), yes I knew about the Song food, but eating lunch at the airport is half the fun for us. We have to wait 2 hrs, so what better way than to munch away.

Goldenoldie, thanks for that link. I'm going to it right now. :)

Wow! Just finished reading. An underground tunnel, sounds cool. And Legal Seafood take out? Sounds like a nice bowlachowda comin up. Thanks again, thats just what I was looking for.

Ayuh! Bowlachowda sounds wicked Sharp!

I am really looking forward to Terminal A opening up, since we have two Song intineraries booked already, and should have three in a month's time ( for Feb vacation '06, hopefully using some SkyMiles). And Magical Express is starting about a month too late for my tastes, but we look forward to it in October.

So pumpkinboy, how will I recognize you in the parks anyway?? Any distinguishing characteristics?? lol. We have three boys, all handsome of course :goodvibes . Hope to see you there!

This is a little confusing. I read an article in the Boston Globe 2/3 that said this:
"Delta Air Lines plans to close its Boston reservations call center Sept. 1, a move that will eliminate about 353 positions."

I can't post the article since I'm not subscribed to it, but this just seemed weird. The new terminal ariticle was written in Jan. I wonder if they are still going to open it since Delta is closing in Sept.??

Anyone know the details??
Thanks,
Kim
:flower3:

Jillpie said:
So pumpkinboy, how will I recognize you in the parks anyway?? Any distinguishing characteristics?? lol. We have three boys, all handsome of course :goodvibes . Hope to see you there!
The real Pumpkinboy, 7 yr old DS, is unmistakable: he's very redheaded, wheelchair-bound with CP (hence tends to have a rounded look, especially as a baby), and has an October birthday. Hence, Pumpkinboy. And of course, DD and I are also readheaded, leaving my DW out of that particular club. So if you see a pack of redheads, one of whom is wheelchair bound, that'll be us.

Then again, I expect you already figured that out ;)

Tink03477 said:
This is a little confusing. I read an article in the Boston Globe 2/3 that said this:
"Delta Air Lines plans to close its Boston reservations call center Sept. 1, a move that will eliminate about 353 positions."

I can't post the article since I'm not subscribed to it, but this just seemed weird. The new terminal ariticle was written in Jan. I wonder if they are still going to open it since Delta is closing in Sept.??

Anyone know the details??
Thanks,
Kim
Kim, they are simply closing the reservations center, ie the call center where nice ppl on the phone help you buy your Delta ticket.
Boston will still be a major hub for Delta tho, esp w/the new Terminal A.

pumpkinboy said:
The real Pumpkinboy, 7 yr old DS, is unmistakable: he's very redheaded, wheelchair-bound with CP (hence tends to have a rounded look, especially as a baby), and has an October birthday. Hence, Pumpkinboy. And of course, DD and I are also readheaded, leaving my DW out of that particular club. So if you see a pack of redheads, one of whom is wheelchair bound, that'll be us.

Then again, I expect you already figured that out ;)

Ohhhhh, so thats where you get that great name. o.k., thanks, those are great details and will be on the look out! :)

pumpkinboy said:
Kim, they are simply closing the reservations center, ie the call center where nice ppl on the phone help you buy your Delta ticket.
Boston will still be a major hub for Delta tho, esp w/the new Terminal A.

:rolleyes: Oh, thank you so much Pumpkinboy! I was kinda worried there for a minute. :worried: I thought the whole thing was closing.
Thanks,
Kim

Okay, lets see a show of hands. Who here remembers when Terminal A was Eastern Airlines? I have pictures from my first trip to Florida. I was 6 and going down with my grandmother. My parents were able to come on board the plane to say goodbye to me. I loved the convenience of that terminal and the parking lot wasn't 20 feet away.

I can't wait to see the new terminal.

Heavens yes...it was the Eastern Terminal for me for the longest time. Even when I told my dh that Delta planned on opening there in March, I still said they were opening at the Eastern term. I remember going there many times to pick up my grandmother, coming in from Florida. HOpe the parking is good. We'll be using it in June!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter