Is snow white's scary adventure, "scary"?

kandb

DIS Veteran
We never brought my 6 year olds on this ride yet and I'm wondering if we should bring them on when we go in two weeks.:cool1::cool1: They never have been on HM but love POC. Any ideas? Thanks, Linda

My 4 yr old DD was very bored by it last year
she was scared at its tough to be a bug though
She loved HM we ended up doing it 5 times

We haven't taken our DD8 or DD6 on it yet. They love POTC and can handle HM (not their favorite, but will go on it to keep mom happy:goodvibes). I haven't been on
Snow White in years, but from what I remember I don't think it is that scarry, but I know the evil witch kind of pops up on you unexpectedly so just tell your DD that if she doesn't like something to just close her eyes. I have been thinking of taking my DDs on Snow White when we go in December, just because they have never done it before.

I've heard this question before about other rides, we were just there a week ago, our nearly 4 year old can ride the ride without a peep, early in the ride you see the queen in a mirror switch to the witch and can be startling to even adults, but again our 3 year old daughter zips through the ride without a problem, We were at the World with our best friends this year and their 5 year old boy got off the ride nearly in tears and oly can open his eyes when he hears the final happily ever after scene. Our DD3 has a better grasp of make believe, our friends 5 year old has problems on POTC. Hope that helps.

While a classic ride you have to remember this is an ooold ride, it is all flat wood cutouts that slide out and back and twirl. It has none of the new life like techniques of a modern scary ride.

My 2.5 yr old DS rode this without a hitch. If a 6 yr old is afraid on this ride then I would think it was child who was afraid anytime they were in the dark, not the scariness factor of the ride. I really don't think most 6 yr olds would even be startled on this ride let alone frightened.

It all depends on what they normally tolerate. Our DD (soon to be 6) wouldn't care for it, but our DD3 probably would. It's definitely the darkest ride in Fantasyland, and I would put it on a par with HM. I hadn't rode in decades, but went on it with my DH during our kids free visit back in March.

-Kevin

My kids rode it when they were 1.5 and 2.5. They did well. Not so sure about this time though but we are gonna do it anyway. :rolleyes1

I think some of these old rides would be cool to upgrade them, kind of like they did with Pirates. Change the card board cut out characters to lifesize hi-tech animatronics etc.

The car in front of us back in 08 had a handful of high school kids in it. One of the girls scream bloody murder all the way through. My DD7 giggled the whole way.

I don't think there is anything scary really. just have her sit next to you and comment on how fun the ride is going to be. :) Like I said my DD (5 first trip) has laughed and giggled all the way through it. She doesn't like the jerking the cars do (much like Pooh) but loves the ride.

It's a little bit of a "dark" ride...I think a 6 year old would be fine, I went on it with a 2 year old who found it to be VERY scary!

I rode it when I was in second grade, many, many, many, many, many, many, many mannnnnnnyyyyy years ago. It scared me to death! That witch was everywhere! I could not escape. :scared1:

embarassing to admit but unfortunately true. :o

I rode it when I was in second grade, many, many, many, many, many, many, many mannnnnnnyyyyy years ago. It scared me to death! That witch was everywhere! I could not escape. :scared1:

embarassing to admit but unfortunately true. :o

I'm with you. This really scared me when I was a kid. Way back before they added the word "scary" to the name of the ride. They've made it a little friendlier since than, but not enough for a Fantasyland ride, IMO.

Anyway, it depends on what your child is afraid of. On my own scary-o-meter, I find it scarier than POC/ about the same as Haunted Mansion. But, I hate rides where things jump out at me. If your 6 year olds are fine with those chintzy Haunted Houses that they have at carnivals, then they should be fine. If they don't like the dark or are easily startled by things jumping out at them, I would skip it.

My DD was just barely 5 last year and was not scared by it at all. I think it depends on the child. I could see how they could find it kind of spooky.

I guess it does depend on the child. My wife was scared on it when she was young and still this is the only ride in WDW she will not go on.

Maybe DD4 and I will try it out in January. I have been and have never had a problem with it, but I can see how people could be scared.

My parents put me on this ride when I was four and I'm now 25 and I'm still scared of it. I believe this is the reason I've always been soo scared of the dark and why Snow White is my least fave princess. lol.:upsidedow I remind my parents of this every chance I get mainly when we pass by it at the MK! haha:rotfl2:

I actually don't care for the ride now because it was a bit scary to me as a child....like the PP says, when the queen turns around from the mirror and is the witch it's scary.
The cool thing about the ride though is it is a blacklight ride. So, everything you have on that is white will glow.
If you go on it, spend a lot of time pointing out to your child the things on her that are glowing....that makes the ride fun and takes away the scary moments.

It completely scared me as a kid, but my 3 year old DD loved it and made us ride it at least 4 times and maybe more. There are some videos of it on youtube. You can watch it and see what you think. I let DD watch the video before our trip and make the decision on whether to ride it, as I was a little worried about whether she would be scared.

Our little boy who had just turned 2 at the time was shaking and puckered his lip up to start crying when he saw the witch. We tried to console him but the ride is a little scary (even to me). I agree with other posters that it depends on your child but ours is relatively thick skinned and it scared him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter