Is September the new October?

littlejewel

Mouseketeer
So, is September going to be slammed? Aside from having trouble securing free dining and needing the switch weeks to get a better deal at POR, I am having trouble getting dining reservations pretty much anywhere (I don't need/want BOG, CRT, O'hana, the "populars"). Is this a sign that everyone is switching from October to September? Or are there really just less rooms available in the fall discount packages?

ADRs are hard because of free dining, everyone is booking more TS places because it's free. But I can tell you from a former September traveler (we went every sept for years) it gets busier every year. We went in April in 2013, and this last September was about the same crowds as then. I think more and more people save their trips for September banking on free dining now. No more September for us because the weather is just too hot, which was the trade off for lower crowds, but now that's gone too, so we figured bring on the crowds, at least we all won't be melting.

We've only been one time in September 2012 and we loved, loved the low crowds. I think Disney will just slowly build up even the low crowd times until busy, busy will be the normal. I'm just not a crowd person at all, but I know we'll have fun no matter what!

What are your dates in september? I am asking this because it really has been more and more crowded the last two weeks, especially the end of September. The first 2 weeks are still great as far as crowds go.

What are your dates in september? I am asking this because it really has been more and more crowded the last two weeks, especially the end of September. The first 2 weeks are still great as far as crowds go.
Exactly - we go every year in September and the first two weeks are EMPTY. Last year there were times in which rides like Soarin were a 5 minute wait in the Standby line.

After the middle of the month, as you get nearer the food and wine festival, the crowds start to really grow. October used to be our favorite month, but it is too crowded for us now.

Exactly - we go every year in September and the first two weeks are EMPTY. Last year there were times in which rides like Soarin were a 5 minute wait in the Standby line.

After the middle of the month, as you get nearer the food and wine festival, the crowds start to really grow. October used to be our favorite month, but it is too crowded for us now.
That is how we feel about November! We have been going in Nov for so many years and now it is just to the point where we are planning to go the first week of Sept next year and we would have never said that before lol. We are willing to endure the heat/rain for lower crowds. I actually like going when there no F&W going on but this year they extended it into our week in Nov. Each year it just keeps getting more and crowded... but the first 2 weeks of Sept seem to stay nice and quiet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter