Is Sci-Fi impossible to get?

JBelle19

Mouseketeer
I have been studying the dining reservation availability (I don't book until next month) and I never, ever see Sci Fi available. DD14 has discovered it on a youtube video and really wants to eat there. I assumed it would be an easy ressie to get, not a Unicorn! Is it really that difficult to book, like Space and Storybook?

Yes. Ultra-super-uber popular despite the complaints some people have about their menu. Lol

It is on my must do list, however, and I’m always able to score a ressie. If you are on property, book it like Space or Storybook and target the end of your trip. Also be open to other than prime times, like 4 PM. If all else fails, set up an alert.

I’m sure you will find something. I always do. Good luck!

Now sure when you are going but I am seeing some people dropping SciFi ressie a on the monthly boards…

My DS favorite restaurant and we used to go every trip. We haven't been able to get in YEARS pre/post COVID and it's so disappointing for him. I made up for it in November with Space 220 but the price different hurts. Last trip we couldn't even walk by it. :sad2:

As above, it’s difficult but not impossible. It’s relatively small, most of the cars seat 6 in rows of 2, and pandemic restrictions (easing now) made it harder. Keep checking, especially during the 2 days before you want it and even the morning of. Good luck!

As above, it’s difficult but not impossible. It’s relatively small, most of the cars seat 6 in rows of 2, and pandemic restrictions (easing now) made it harder. Keep checking, especially during the 2 days before you want it and even the morning of. Good luck!

I'll keep checking 🤞

... but we def don't want Walk-Up because that likely puts us in picnic tables, and that won't work for him.

we aren't going until July. Studios is our first full day, so it will be my 60+1. I'm not sure we will have another evening to spend at Studios, even just for dinner. I'm not sacrificing an Epcot restaurant for it lol. Maybe we can pick up someone's last minute cancellation

I had it for 60+4 dinner at my 60 days out reservation window but let it go because our park plans changed. I have multiple dinning alerts for our week there and it has come up several times but not when we are available. Like today it came up for a 2:00 lunch, 5/18, but we have Olga’s at 2:20. You just have to be very flexible.

Last edited:
As others have already mentioned Sci-Fi is REALLY difficult to get. I tried right at 7:00 AM on the 60-day mark for our upcoming trip in June and the only thing I could get was a lunch reservation on check out day. Knowing this was a tough reservation to get I even started at the back end of our 7-day trip and worked my way forward but nothing was available.

Have been to most of all the theme park table dining options but this one continues to elude us! Can't wait to finally experience it and good luck in your booking!

I’ve always been able to get a res here except for my upcoming trip. I got so many “hard ones” (space,bog,crt,,Ohana,topolinos) but can’t get sci fi. Hoping to get it still, kid’s favorite place

The trend continues...I've always been able to get this one in years past, and of course it's DD's favorite - and this is her graduation trip - not this time. I switched around our park days twice trying to get it - three of us online at 6am, but nothing. Is anyone not staying onsite able to get them?

I was able to secure a couple of Sci-Fi times staying offsite this week, but I did this at 6am EST, had choices of lunch or dinner. Actually picked one of each since we're not sure which we'll go for.

But yes it is a tough one to get, but always a favorite of ours. One thing I will say about Sci-Fi is try to change up your quantity of people. If you have 2 people, try for 4, and if you have 4 even try for 6. The tables are kind of funny there size wise and I think they give priority for matching people to tables but I can't say that is totally true. But I used to have times where I would be looking for 4, and have no luck, but change the size to 6 and got a hit. I think they may be trying to not strand tables, but you don't have to bring 6 people.

Same here. I've always been able to get it. We do split stays, staying onsite at first, then move offsite to a rental home. This time, I've been stalking and no luck so far. I have the alert set up on TP as well.
Surprised PP was able to get times for lunch and dinner! :faint:

I had TP set up as well, and got alerts shortly after 6am EST while I was making the ADR. These were for 6/21 and I saw some on 6/20 as well, not many. Right now my daughter is counting on O'Hana's as well, and so far nothing for that one yet.

We’ve never had trouble getting it for lunch. I haven’t tried dinner. Hopefully you’ll get a reservation. If not just keep checking back, especially after 30 days out or even day of. People change their minds.

Sci Fi is one Of our favorite restaurants. The food is good but we really love it because it’s dark and quiet and our kids are calm in there. Which means hubby and I get a nice quiet meal at our own table (behind the kids).

I tried at 7am this morning when the window opened and I couldn't get it :(
The booking window for dining reservations begins at 6 am EST (sometimes at 5:45 but not guaranteed). Unless you're in a different time zone where it is 7 am for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter