Is RotR and TRON possible on the same day using $ILL?

UPDATE::
So we just returned home and had a great trip! I’m happy to report that my plan to purchase both $ILL for RotR and Tron on the same day worked—but not without a few hiccups!
We left for our trip early Saturday morning. Once we arrived at the airport, it was approaching time to log onto the app and try to get $ILLs and LLs for the day. I had purchased Genie+ for the day just after midnight. At precisely 7 AM (Orlando time!), I attempted to purchase RotR $ILL, since we were headed to DS as soon as we landed and was shocked when I got back a screen that said I was ineligible to purchase at that time because I wasn’t staying onsite. Puzzled, I attemped a second time with the same result. Knowing that I was staying at the Swan, and also certain that I entered my hotel info through the MyDisney Experience website, I scrolled through the app and saw no hotel listed!!!! Not sure why the app on my phone was not displaying the same info as the app on my iPad (where I usually do my planning) or the website. Of course I was upset with myself for not double checking this, but never dreamed these things wouldn’t sync up.!?!? I thought I‘d ruined the first day of the trip and there was no hope of getting RoftR at that point. I was super frustrated, but didn’t want the day to be a complete bust. So, I found my Swan confirmation number, entered it, re-signed into the app, and attempted to purchase $ILL for Tron at MK—thinking later return times might be available and this park is where we planned to do evening hours. SUCCESS!! A return time of 7:20-8:20! Whew! All was not lost!
Then, figuring I had not much to lose, I tried for RotR $ILL, hoping there was a mid-day return time left, and ANOTHER SUCCESS!! A return time of 1:00-2:00! Now I breathed a huge sigh of relief, the day was saved, and I was even able to get a ToT LL for around noon, and everything fell into place after that.
I should have known to make sure that I had re-signed into my app on the phone I was using during the trip, but I had used that same phone and app to purchase the Genie + with no problem just a few hours before. I had other issues with the app and sign-in issues multiple times over the course of the trip, but that’s a whole other post!

So we just returned home and had a great trip! I’m happy to report that my plan to purchase both $ILL for RotR and Tron on the same day worked—but not without a few hiccups!
We left for our trip early Saturday morning. Once we arrived at the airport, it was approaching time to log onto the app and try to get $ILLs and LLs for the day. I had purchased Genie+ for the day just after midnight. At precisely 7 AM (Orlando time!), I attempted to purchase RotR $ILL, since we were headed to DS as soon as we landed and was shocked when I got back a screen that said I was ineligible to purchase at that time because I wasn’t staying onsite. Puzzled, I attemped a second time with the same result. Knowing that I was staying at the Swan, and also certain that I entered my hotel info through the MyDisney Experience website, I scrolled through the app and saw no hotel listed!!!! Not sure why the app on my phone was not displaying the same info as the app on my iPad (where I usually do my planning) or the website. Of course I was upset with myself for not double checking this, but never dreamed these things wouldn’t sync up.!?!? I thought I‘d ruined the first day of the trip and there was no hope of getting RoftR at that point. I was super frustrated, but didn’t want the day to be a complete bust. So, I found my Swan confirmation number, entered it, re-signed into the app, and attempted to purchase $ILL for Tron at MK—thinking later return times might be available and this park is where we planned to do evening hours. SUCCESS!! A return time of 7:20-8:20! Whew! All was not lost!
Then, figuring I had not much to lose, I tried for RotR $ILL, hoping there was a mid-day return time left, and ANOTHER SUCCESS!! A return time of 1:00-2:00! Now I breathed a huge sigh of relief, the day was saved, and I was even able to get a ToT LL for around noon, and everything fell into place after that.
I should have known to make sure that I had re-signed into my app on the phone I was using during the trip, but I had used that same phone and app to purchase the Genie + with no problem just a few hours before. I had other issues with the app and sign-in issues multiple times over the course of the trip, but that’s a whole other post!
I had a panic attack just reading along with this! So glad it worked out for you!!

I had a panic attack just reading along with this! So glad it worked out for you!!
I almost cried and felt like canceling the whole trip!!! I have very mixed feelings about the Genie app…but that’s for another post. In the end, we had a wonderful visit, so I’m very grateful things came together.

That ROTR demand is just amazing. Wow.

I think it's because the ride is so unreliable. Buying the ILL increases your chances of being able to ride it, because if you're SB and it goes down, you only get the anytime LL if you've "entered" the ride experience. If you're in line but not on the ride, you're told you can wait or to leave and come back later.

Glad you were successful. That is a well known problem on the Swan/Dolphin threads - the reservation dropping off MDE. For anyone else reading this, always double check your reservation at those is there before the time to try purchasing/reserving.

Glad you were successful. That is a well known problem on the Swan/Dolphin threads - the reservation dropping off MDE. For anyone else reading this, always double check your reservation at those is there before the time to try purchasing/reserving.
I guess I should have read more on the Swan-Dolphin threads! Thanks so much for this info. I like staying at the Swan and plan to stay there in the future. Next time I’ll know to double check that my resort stay is showing up on the app.

We were there 2 weeks ago, we got a VQ for Tron and then bought an ILL for 8:30 to ride it with the lights on the Dome.

This is good to hear. I was curious how quickly the evening ILL go for Tron.

Did you get a VQ for Tron as well or LLI$?
Lightning lane for Tron. I started off my one day there weeks ago in Epcot so LL$ was only option to ride. (got lucky with that as well struck out that morning, but they randomly had a couple of times available at 3pm when I checked tip board. This was like 6 days after official opening.

Is there a possible way to ride Guardians and Tron on the same day if you are staying at Pop Century and have park hopper passes? And if so, what is the best way to accomplish this? Am open to paying for LL

Is there a possible way to ride Guardians and Tron on the same day if you are staying at Pop Century and have park hopper passes? And if so, what is the best way to accomplish this? Am open to paying for LL
You can purchase LL for both. Generally, getting a Board Group for Guardians is a bit easier.

My suggestion is to have a Park Pass at Epcot and immediately get a BG for Guardians at exactly 7 AM.

Then immediately after buy a LL return time for Tron sometime after the sun sets. (Since riding Tron at night is pretty cool!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter