is rivers of light on Friday or Saturday

DisneyMarv

Mouseketeer
i know disney announced it for memorial day but is the debut on friday or saturday i want to make sure so i can book the right dates ?

i had thought they only postponed it for April and made the announcement for memorial day weekend, because i've seen disney commercials marketing it...

“The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic” Show will be opening and will last through the summer months, however, Rivers of Light is still postponed.

i had thought they only postponed it for April and made the announcement for memorial day weekend, because i've seen disney commercials marketing it...
A temporary Jungle Book nighttime show starts Memorial Day weekend. Rivers of light won't start until July at the earliest possibly September.

Another smashing AK Success...how do they get mere weeks from "opening" without noticing problems that result in a multi month delay - at a minimum?

Another smashing AK Success...how do they get mere weeks from "opening" without noticing problems that result in a multi month delay - at a minimum?
Maybe because this is a brand new show that's never been done before using tech they haven't used before? Not everything can be figured out before the floats get put in the water. The problems were noticed when they finally put everything in the water and tried to do runs of the show. I would much rather them get it right then have show elements cut or worse the show get canned.

Maybe because this is a brand new show that's never been done before using tech they haven't used before? Not everything can be figured out before the floats get put in the water. The problems were noticed when they finally put everything in the water and tried to do runs of the show. I would much rather them get it right then have show elements cut or worse the show get canned.

Maybe there's a show on the water...or two...that was put together several miles away a LONG time ago in a different era that similar shake out issues...but they have forgotten how to work in overdrive to get things done on schedule?

They literally sank the Epcot ball and it was dredged, corrected, back up and working in a week...

It's a lack of "can do" attitude as much as "how where they supposed to know?"...I would bet.

Lazy construction timelines specifically not to allow margin for error would also be a reasonable finger to point.

If they hustled and had the area ready early...nobody would know anything about technical problems.

But that would meant bad 3 minute gms film they ran on GMA last week would go to waste, wouldn't it. Get as many people to come and leave BEFORE you open it...last possible second.

Iger 101

Maybe there's a show on the water...or two...that was put together several miles away a LONG time ago in a different era that similar shake out issues...but they have forgotten how to work in overdrive to get things done on schedule?

They literally sank the Epcot ball and it was dredged, corrected, back up and working in a week...

It's a lack of "can do" attitude as much as "how where they supposed to know?"...I would bet.

Lazy construction timelines specifically not to allow margin for error would also be a reasonable finger to point.

If they hustled and had the area ready early...nobody would know anything about technical problems.

But that would meant bad 3 minute gms film they ran on GMA last week would go to waste, wouldn't it. Get as many people to come and leave BEFORE you open it...last possible second.

Iger 101
The Epcot floats are all driven by someone even the globe. The AK floats are all driverless, the GPS system that puts the floats into place is what is having problems.

The Epcot floats are all driven by someone even the globe. The AK floats are all driverless, the GPS system that puts the floats into place is what is having problems.

I wasn't talking about floats...

they SANK the Epcot ball when the show was being tested. As in "blurp...blurp...sink"

Completely different technical issue...apples to oranges...

The point is they bleed these things out too long and never use common sense to get things done. A hallmark of Disney construction used to be to get things done...like Scotty in the engine room. They had some notable long delays...haunted mansion and test track jump to mind...but the idea was always "when can we get this done"?

You know what I think they like? They like the construction walls...they like the "see...we aren't bleeding you just for old crap"
...while bleeding you for old crap.

I wasn't talking about floats...

they SANK the Epcot ball when the show was being tested. As in "blurp...blurp...sink"

Completely different technical issue...apples to oranges...

The point is they bleed these things out too long and never use common sense to get things done. A hallmark of Disney construction used to be to get things done...like Scotty in the engine room. They had some notable long delays...haunted mansion and test track jump to mind...but the idea was always "when can we get this done"?

You know what I think they like? They like the construction walls...they like the "see...we aren't bleeding you just for old crap"
...while bleeding you for old crap.
Test track was supposed to open in 1997 didn't soft open until December 98 and they still had problems so they closed and then officially opened back up in March of 99. That's quite the delay but we aren't nearly at that point with rivers of light yet. If it opens in July it's a 2-3 month delay.

Test track was supposed to open in 1997 didn't soft open until December 98 and they still had problems so they closed and then officially opened back up in March of 99. That's quite the delay but we aren't nearly at that point with rivers of light yet. If it opens in July it's a 2-3 month delay.
I'm well aware...haunted mansion was delayed 12 years...

But...I think times have changed and they need to stop with the "have the cake and charge you for it too" constuction approach...7 years for construction type shenanigans...

Thankfully...to be honest...there's Comcast to debunk the accountants myths in Orlando.

How long would they bleed this Star Wars thing without them up the road?

I'm well aware...haunted mansion was delayed 12 years...

But...I think times have changed and they need to stop with the "have the cake and charge you for it too" constuction approach...7 years for construction type shenanigans...

Thankfully...to be honest...there's Comcast to debunk the accountants myths in Orlando.

How long would they bleed this Star Wars thing without them up the road?
Without universal in Orlando who knows if Disney would even be building Star Wars land.

It comes down to what was discussed previously, there are too many hands in the pie and too much finger-pointing instead of problem solving! There is nobody who takes ultimate responsibility to ensure that something gets finished on time and on budget. Back when WDW was 1st built Disney did everything themselves including some of the construction. There was one person (or possibly group) responsible for each project. They would have had H_L_ to pay if it wasn't ready to go when it was supposed to. People were waiting to see it!

Nowadays, it's like, "they're coming anyway so there's no hurry to get it finished"! The same type of thing can be said for the Yeti in EE. In the old days it probably would've been built correctly the 1st time and if not it would've been fixed as soon as a problem with found. Now they don't worry about the guest experience in just throw in a cheap strobe light and say "it's fixed".

Without universal in Orlando who knows if Disney would even be building Star Wars land.
I worry because we don't know how good the Star Wars addition will be. With all of this cutting back lately I have to wonder what we will finally get. I hope that Disney won't cut corners on this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter