Is Remy Still at Les Chefs de France? Where to eat at EPCOT?

Mommy2Jameson

DIS Veteran
I'm making all our ADRs for our trip this fall, and I'm trying to decide where to eat for our EPCOT day. We have a 5 year old son.

We've already done Askerhaus with the Princesses.

We've heard Coral Reef is good, but he's allergic to shellfish and I don't like seafood, so think we'll pass on that one! Haha!

We've already done the Chip and Dale Character meal, and it was very good, but we want something different.

So I'm thinking Les Chefs de France! Any opinions? Is Remy still there? And if he's not, would it still be an ok place for a Kindergartner? Or are there better options for a Kindergartner?:confused3

He is in Les Chefs de France and his schedule is currently: (courtesy Steve Soares website)

Monday-Saturday at 12:30, 1:40, 2:50 & 5:20pm

2) Monday-thru-Saturday at 12:30, 1:40, 2:50 & 5:20pm
3) Visiting
. . . he usually comes out right on schedule
. . . the cart makes one trip around the eatery
. . . you must wait until he comes to your table *
. . . you cannot get up and go over to him, handlers make sure of this
. . . if you miss him, he does not make a second trip
. . . you must wait for the next scheduled time
. . . if your ADR is near a scheduled time, be early
. . . you may not be seated on time, and will miss him
. . . you might be in line waiting for a table when he appears
. . . if so, you wait for the next scheduled trip

* If people gathered around the cart, it would clog the aisles. Also,
guests might be pressing their shorts and clothes against other guest's
tabletop and food (eewe, yuck, gross). Also, he is a temperamental little
critter, and occasionally does not appear at all, and with NO PRIOR NOTICE,
so use caution when promising him to little ones to avoid disappointment

Thank you! We have a 1:50 reservation. I think I will try and switch it to the 1:30 to have better luck with the 1:40 round. Think that sounds reasonable?

Why yes, yes he is!

IMG_0418.jpg

Thank you! We have a 1:50 reservation. I think I will try and switch it to the 1:30 to have better luck with the 1:40 round. Think that sounds reasonable?

Ten minutes isn't enough time. Actually I would recommend making the reservation for no later than 30 minutes before the start of his circuit because you must be seated when he comes to your table. If the restaurant is running behind schedule and you are in the process of being seated or he has already been through your section of the restaurant, he will not come back and you can't go up to him. You will have to wait until his next circuit.

Also, Remy is a highly sophisticated audio-animatronic figure than can break down unexpectedly and not appear (or even have to leave midway through his round) so I would not promise your son that he will see Remy. Rather, let Remy be a surprise.

Odds are, you won't be seated, at the time of your ressie. You will still be there at 2:50.;)

I would caution you on promising Remy to a child.If you are seated late or he is having techincal diificulties and he does not appear, it makes for a very upset child.I would shoot for a ressie time about 30 -45 mins before .I eat here generally every trip and I pretty much get seated late( the one time over an hour past my adr time).If Free dining or the Candlelight processional dinner pkgs are going on, adrs at Epcot eateries tend to run slightly behind

our 4 y/o (turning 5 in nov) son enjoyed chefs and calls it "remy's restaurant" so it was a nice surprise when they started bringing him out. he didn't really enjoy the food as much, but we've eaten at chefs multiple times with him. the restaurant is really noisy so we never feel as if he's bothering other patrons. he really likes tokyo dining, but with seafood off the menu this would not be a good choice. Teppan edo is a good option. the meal is more of a show, they don't "do fire" as my son always likes to put it, so its VERY kid friendly compared to other japanese steakhouses, and they do accommodate food allergies by cooking the food of those with allergies first. my son also loves le cellier, the pretzel bread, and the chocolate moose dessert. he didn't really care for biertgarten or the show or food. he liked the chicken soft tacos at san angel, the fact that he could see the "donald ride" and wave to boat passengers.we've also ate at rose and crown, but he had the fish and chips for his meal and was bored people watching from our table under the awning.

our 4 y/o (turning 5 in nov) son enjoyed chefs and calls it "remy's restaurant" so it was a nice surprise when they started bringing him out. he didn't really enjoy the food as much, but we've eaten at chefs multiple times with him. the restaurant is really noisy so we never feel as if he's bothering other patrons. he really likes tokyo dining, but with seafood off the menu this would not be a good choice. Teppan edo is a good option. the meal is more of a show, they don't "do fire" as my son always likes to put it, so its VERY kid friendly compared to other japanese steakhouses, and they do accommodate food allergies by cooking the food of those with allergies first. my son also loves le cellier, the pretzel bread, and the chocolate moose dessert. he didn't really care for biertgarten or the show or food. he liked the chicken soft tacos at san angel, the fact that he could see the "donald ride" and wave to boat passengers.we've also ate at rose and crown, but he had the fish and chips for his meal and was bored people watching from our table under the awning.

Thanks for the info, I considered this as well. How authentic is the food there? I just worry if it's too authentic, it will be too spicy, and I'll end up with an upset stomach. Do you get chips/salsa with the meal? THANKS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter