Is Primeval Whirl really...

Is Primeval Whirl really....painful?

• Its extremely painful!

• It hurts

• A couple of bumps

• Its not painful at all

Results are only viewable after voting.
I had never heard it was painful before I rode it. I rode it in December and ended up with a sprained shoulder. It was very painful! LOL!~ The ride kept driving my left shoulder into the center bar of the car. I was seeing stars at the end of it. Never again!

We love this ride and I agree with Dis-Wiz...relaxation is the key! Relaxing your muscles helps on any coaster. My 64 yo dad rode this with me and my girls a couple of years ago and he giggled and laughed the whole time!
Michele

I've been on some rides where we had to take excederin before riding. This dosen't even rank on the pain-o-meter.

I don't remember it being painful - jerky yes, but not really painful - it was the spinning that did me in. Granted it was 150 degrees in the park that afternoon and I had just eaten a Mickey ice cream bar. So spinning really fast under the afternoon sun is absolutely a fate worse than death to me. I'm all about rollercoasters and thrill rides - but this one was awful. I fondly refer to it as "Primeval Hurl".

I am prone to motion sickness. DS & I had fastpasses for this ride, but wouldn't you know, we timed it right after Donald's Breakfastsaurus!

It spun around a lot, wasn't really scary or anything and somehow I didn't lose my breakfast! So all in all, not a bad ride.
:crazy: :rotfl:

It does hurt, but it is still really fun....I had fun even though the other three people in my party were crushing me!

I haven't been on that one, but I would tend to think that each ride may vary as far as pain since it spins and you may be in a different spot going around the turns.

I agree with those above who said that if you have neck or back problems, this may not be the ride for you. I loved the ride and thought it was so much fun! Plus you basically walked on it, no wait at all (even in the midst of Spring Break craziness when we went). My only complaint is that, my boyfriend and I being bigger people, the seats are a little small and there's a divider to differentiate the seats - we kept hitting the divider in the seat and it was digging into our hips. By the end I thought I might have a bruise (I didn't)- but overall still loved it!

I posted after my March trip, specifically warning people with young children, to be careful on this ride. I personally think the height requirement needs to raised.

The padding is up so high, that a younger kid's head will fall below it. When it jerks, it has the potential to ram their head into the hard plastic seat backing.

This is what happened to DD7. She hit her head so hard that she felt like she was going to get sick after we got off. Not only that, she was scared to ride anything else and it almost ruined our whole day.

As an adult, I felt it was too jerky for my personal tastes. Things like that tend to give me a headache. SM and RnRC are two others that do the same thing. With RnRC, I have to push my head back before it takes off, or I'm in agony later.

I've given up on SM and PW is another one that I'll never ride again. Once was enough for me. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter