Is pre-ordering the Photo Pass CD worth it?

Ella Bella

Earning My Ears
I did receive the email link from Disney to pre-order the photo pass CD for $99. Honestly, this wasn't even something I was considering because we are bring our own camera but we will still get a photo pass once we arrive at Disney. But once I look at the prices for just ordering a few prints from the photo pass it looks like it will really add up quickly. I love to take photos and scrapbook so these photos are not going to go to waste! Also, I like the idea of the "magic" photos like holding Tinkerbell in your hand, etc. For those of you who bought the pre-order CD do you think it was worth the added expense?? And once it is added to my cart do I have to pay for it before I leave for my trip or should I wait to upload the photos from my photo passes 1st (when I return)?

Your advice is greatly appreciated!

I would go ahead and pre-order, especially if you like to srapbook. I didn't get the cd from my first trip and really wish I had.:sad2:

I've pre-ordered it and it was worth it twice, not worth it once. We were there in August 2008 during Fay, and even though the parks were open, there were no Photopass photographers to be found. That was a huge disappointment. The times we were there in great weather, though, I was totally psyched that I had ordered it. Once you download your photos you can add all kinds of borders to them, too, and that's a nice touch. I like the magic shots, too. We've had some neat experiences with that.

I would preorder it as well. We got great pictures on on last trip and were lucky enough to share our CD with my sister and her family that went to Disney the week after we got home.
Kim ... had the same thing happen to us ... we were also there during Faye and didn't get many pictures either. I believe we did see photographers out (not as many as during the nice, sunny weather) but who the heck wants to stop to have their picture taken when the weather is that bad and you look like a drowned rat.

Worth it! If you ever want the family photographer in a picture, without having to teach someone how to use you camera I would recommend it. Also, when taking my kids to meet characters, I was dealing with stollers, autographs books, pens, plus my camera. Buy the time I got to take a pic with my camera the photo pas photo already had 10! In fact, when we got our cd I found pictures of moments that I missed entirely while juggling all of our equipment. A picture of my 21 month old, snuggling up to Pooh with her head laying on his bended knee - PRICELESS - and totally missed by my camera!

I haven't received anything in the mail...Is there a website I can go to?
thanks

If you have kids who like going to character meet and greets, it is completely worth it. You will have a ton of photopass pictures, and if you tried to buy them individually, you are right on how fast they add up. Our last trip we came home with about 200 pictures and then after edits, crops, borders, and sizing (you will want to save them in both 4X6 and 5X7 so you don't cut off borders etc when you print) on the photopass website, our photopass CD had over 1000.

i've gotten the CD several times - it's worth it - get lots and lots and pics and when you get home spend the time and edit them but always ADD as a copy so you have the original photo and add borders and ADD as a copy. I believe if you pre-purchase it you do have to pay for it ahead of time. It is worth it - I always take hundreds of pictures but love the PP pics too. Usually they'll take the pic with your camera also if you ask.

If you purchase the CD ahead of time, can you take it anywhere to print your pictures (like walgreens)?:confused3

I pre-order the CD for almost every trip. A couple times I've shared it with others travelling around the same time. Another time DSister and her family was there with me. I just like the option of having all the pictures and being able to do what I want with they.

Once you have the CD, you can take it somewhere to print, or upload the pictures to any of the photo websites and print pictures whereever.

In the past I have always traveled with another adult, so it seasy with characters and stuff to switch off with the kids and take our own pics. However my next trip will be just the kiddos and I, so I am def looking into the photopass.

my question is this: when you order the CD (pre order) when do you actually have it in your hands? I love to look at all our vacation pics soon after we get home.

Thanks a ton!

Definitely worth it, but a word of advice - get all of your uploads & work done soon after you arrive home. You have a limited number of days to complete this and order your CD (can't remember how many, but just a few weeks).

The offer that I received was for the CD and a Photobook for $124.99 and it was absolutely worth every penny! You can download maps from the photopass website for where the photographers are normally located. They can also upload your photo at some of the Character meals (that they take as you go in). Test Track, Expedition Everest, and some others can also upload the ride photos (didn't know this until late in our trip) so you don't have to buy the photos & carry around all day!

I found the photo CD to be a great value. You can get photos printed anywhere. You can upload them to Walgreens, Kodak Gallery, etc. and have Christmas cards made. The possibilities are endless.

;) The pre order CD is great....trying to get a refund isn't. Our trip in 2008 we took 2, yep 2 photopass pics. When I got home it took me two weeks to get a refund. It is hard to contact the Photopass people to begin with and when they respond to you it is a form response given to everyone...so multiple calls later you finally get someone who can help.

Just be sure you use it if you buy it.:cutie:

I like to order the photopass cd b/c it ends up being the only pictures of me. I love to take pics and scrapbook too. The problem is that I'm the family photographer, my DH can barely use the camera much less get a good pic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!