Is POFQ Worth It Over POR/CSR?

Princess_Jo

Disney World Addict Since 1989
I am looking to surprise my husband with a short trip for his birthday.

Originally, I wanted to book POFQ but it is $200 more than POR/CSR for our 3 night trip. I've never stayed there so I'm not sure if it is worth the extra cost.

Right now, my options are:

POR - King Bed
CSR - King Bed/Preferred Room (Same as POR)
POFQ - King Bed ($200 more than the other two)

I love POFQ, but I don't think it is worth the extra cost. The biggest advantage to POFQ is its smaller size, but that isn't worth the difference in cost in my mind. Just stay at POR and walk over to POFQ if you want to experience anything there. $200 will buy a whole lot of meals, etc.

are you sure about those prices???

what are your days?

for 3 days that is a big difference.

POR is totally awesome and the foodcourt can't be beat. In fact, I think the question should be the other way around. Is POR worth 200 more than POFQ. If this is soley an issue about walking around, just make a request for a closer building, like Magnolia. They are very nice there.
I believe there is only one pool at POFQ, the main one.

So, no way in my book is POFQ worth 200 more.

I think Riverside is more expensive, too. We usually stay there and love it, but now that they have the Royal Rooms, the prices have gone up!! We are trying FQ this time. They said we could use all facilities at Riverside, so if we want the foodcourt of quiet pool we will just head over there!!:idea:

POFQ is our favorite. Honestly, I'd pay the difference just for the proximity to the bus stop/food court/pool/lobby. Isn't it cheaper to stay in a double queen room versus a king? We're not king bed people so we usually go for the double and pocket the savings!

I think Riverside is more expensive, too. We usually stay there and love it, but now that they have the Royal Rooms, the prices have gone up!! We are trying FQ this time. They said we could use all facilities at Riverside, so if we want the foodcourt of quiet pool we will just head over there!!:idea:

It looks like for the OP the room at POR will be cheaper for them and it appears as though they may be talking about a preferred room which would put them in the heart of the action.
We did walk over to POFQ when we were at POR once as I wanted to see what they had in their foodcourt, and for us, convenience wise, although it's not a far walk, the convenience of having a quiet pool out your back door or being close to POR foodcourt is pretty good since sometimes we are busy/hot. I know you can take the boat too, but realistically it's easy to talk about continually walking over to the sister resort, but realistically it isn't ideal (for us). It just didn't seem to offer as much as POR, IMHO, however, I know many people like it alot.

POFQ was the least costly of the moderates I like when I booked. I don't doubt that that has changed though.

I think that PORS and POFQ are equally as nice. PORS has more to do but it is huge so plan accordingly if you stay there.

That's an easy answer for me - POR all the way! We've stayed there 3 trips and only visited POFQ, but POFQ is definitely not for us. The POFQ food court seemed like a value whereas the POR one is much nicer.

Surf portorleans.org and other sites to see pics of both resorts to see what clicks with you.

It looks like for the OP the room at POR will be cheaper for them and it appears as though they may be talking about a preferred room which would put them in the heart of the action.
We did walk over to POFQ when we were at POR once as I wanted to see what they had in their foodcourt, and for us, convenience wise, although it's not a far walk, the convenience of having a quiet pool out your back door or being close to POR foodcourt is pretty good since sometimes we are busy/hot. I know you can take the boat too, but realistically it's easy to talk about continually walking over to the sister resort, but realistically it isn't ideal (for us). It just didn't seem to offer as much as POR, IMHO, however, I know many people like it alot.

We rent a car since we visit family at the beginning and/or end of our trip, so "hopping" back and forth isn't much of an issue with a car. I am on a mission to try the different resorts, but moderates are our budget preference. CBR was nice and I am leery to try CSR because of the convention crowd. Hope we can get just a "regular" room at Riverside - not a Royal room on future trips!!:rolleyes:

We rent a car since we visit family at the beginning and/or end of our trip, so "hopping" back and forth isn't much of an issue with a car. I am on a mission to try the different resorts, but moderates are our budget preference. CBR was nice and I am leery to try CSR because of the convention crowd. Hope we can get just a "regular" room at Riverside - not a Royal room on future trips!!:rolleyes:

Yes, I see, we have a car too, and go and try many of the resorts places and to "check them out". Agree about CBR but after 2 trips there, we are done. We did CSR and although I really liked it and there are alot of food choices, my DH did not like it because of what you said. He thought the "magic" was ruined because of all the conventioners around. It's very apparent (when we went, anyway).
We did not have a royal room, just went for garden and stayed in Magnolia which was very close, and of course, preferred AB's would be, as well.

I love them both, but I had no idea that POFQ was more money, I thought they were the same. I would just stay at POR.. you have more amenities there, eventhough they both share, you will have the convenience of being right there for it all.

I love them both, but I had no idea that POFQ was more money, I thought they were the same. I would just stay at POR.. you have more amenities there, eventhough they both share, you will have the convenience of being right there for it all.

We like Magnolia, too. When I called this time, they said they only had Royal Rooms or Alligator Bayou (which just doesn't look appealing to me, but I could be wrong). Could be they were holding back rooms because of the Free Dining???:rolleyes2

I am looking to surprise my husband with a short trip for his birthday.

Originally, I wanted to book POFQ but it is $200 more than POR/CSR for our 3 night trip. I've never stayed there so I'm not sure if it is worth the extra cost.

Right now, my options are:

POR - King Bed
CSR - King Bed/Preferred Room (Same as POR)
POFQ - King Bed ($200 more than the other two)

I don't understand why POFQ is $200 more than POR for 3 nights. Sounds like you are not looking at the same exact room only or package, unless the difference is a discount is available at POR or CSR?

I would choose POR or CSR.

I'm not one of the disney experts that roam the boards, but yes, that's strange. When I deciding I looked at POFQ, POR, and CBR and they were all the same price. If one had been cheaper, as in $300 cheaper, I would have booked it even though POFQ would be first choice. Saving $300 is worth it to me.

First of all something has to be wrong with the prices...you must have a water view or something to have that price difference.

But I have to mention that POFQ is sooo much more romantic than PO or CS in our opinion. We are DVC'ers but will occasionally stay (because we run out of points...what a surprise:)...)at POFQ just because we love it so much. And we have stayed multiple times at both resorts.

Now I realize that's just our opinion, but the small size of the resort and the quietness and the nearness of the water and the horses clip-clopping on the streets (insert heavy sigh here)...oh, I'm missing it right now. Well, that's just our two cents.

Have a great time wherever you end up!

Auntie Peep

I'm guessing that something else is factored in to that price. Maybe a better view?

Anyway, I love both. Last time we stayed at POFQ but we kept going to POR because there was more there so this time we are staying at POR. If you want quiet and laid back, POFQ is worth more. If you want more options in food and entertainment, save the $200 and go to POR.

Yes it is totally worth it. The POFQ is a nice quiet small resort with great transporation, redone rooms and a tasty food court. Its like a deluxe-mod or deluxe-lite as I like to say

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter