Is POFQ really thar much better than other resorts??

amandals2007

DIS Veteran
We have stayed there about 5 times I think and love it but i would love to try other things. Dad doesn't want to try anywhere else. We have only stayed there on property. He said from his research it's the best there because of the two sinks, smallest resort, best bussing and boat ride to dtd. Any thoughts on this? Anywhere else compare? I wanna try other places but don't want him to be disappointed if I convince him to go somewhere else.

amandals2007 said:
We have stayed there about 5 times I think and love it but i would love to try other things. Dad doesn't want to try anywhere else. We have only stayed there on property. He said from his research it's the best there because of the two sinks, smallest resort, best bussing and boat ride to dtd. Any thoughts on this? Anywhere else compare? I wanna try other places but don't want him to be disappointed if I convince him to go somewhere else.

I would look at renting one of the DVC villas. You should be able to get a deluxe for around the same price as renting POFQ. If going directly through Disney, he's right. IMHO.

I would look at renting one of the DVC villas. You should be able to get a deluxe for around the same price. If going directly through Disney, he's right. IMHO.

We wouldn't use the amenities like the kitchen to make it worth that. What do you mean going directly through Disney?

amandals2007 said:
We wouldn't use the amenities like the kitchen to make it worth that. What do you mean going directly through Disney?

You can still get a studio. You rent points either through a broker like davids, which I recommend, or post on the DVC forum. You can Google davids website. It's super easy to use and informative.

amandals2007 said:
What do you mean going directly through Disney?

If you rent a villa through Disney for a week it could easily be thousands of dollars more than renting someones unused or needed vacation points.

Perhaps what your father is really saying is that he thinks it is the best resort for the priceYou can certainly get the same or better amenities at the deluxes, for a price. Almost everyone has one resort that they prefer above all others. Apparently POFQ is his. By all means do some research on the other resorts that fall within your father's budgetary limits. But in the end, if he is footing the bill, IMO, he gets the deciding vote.

Perhaps what your father is really saying is that he thinks it is the best resort for the priceYou can certainly get the same or better amenities at the deluxes, for a price. Almost everyone has one resort that they prefer above all others. Apparently POFQ is his. By all means do some research on the other resorts that fall within your father's budgetary limits. But in the end, if he is footing the bill, IMO, he gets the deciding vote.

Oh no I pay my portion on my own. I'm in my middle twenties but we still go on family vacations to Disney every year. I'm an only child so we stay in the same room. We decide on things equally but I want him to be happy with the room too.

The "best resort" question is subjective and you are likely to get many different opinions. It depends on which resort appeals most to a guest and is best for their needs - it sounds like your Dad has decided that for him, it's POFQ. All the resorts have their fans. If less steps is important to your Dad I can see why he'd like POFQ because it is smaller and more compact than the other mods. For some, that's not an issue. Sorry this isn't much help but so much better than the others? :confused3 depends on what you are looking for. If convenience, less walking and waiting is important to your Dad, maybe one of the monorail resorts? But of course, it's going to cost a good bit more than a mod. I feel your pain really, I like to move around too but the rest of my family usually want to go back to Ft. Wilderness. Good luck with it!

POR also has two sinks in the rooms and boat to DTD. Buses are subjective - any resort can have good or bad buses on any given day since drivers' routes are rotated. So that's a non-issue. If size is a concern, you can book a preferred room at POR to be close to everything.

Two things made me like POR better than POFQ. First, the food court at POR is much larger and therefore there are more options in seating. Last trip in September, which is slow season, we never had to scope out a seat during prime breakfast hour. When we went to POFQ, the food court was so packed we had to eat in the lounge. Secondly, with POR being so large and spread out, it felt less crowded. We didn't see as many people as we did at POFQ. We felt like the only ones there. Also, multiple bus stops meant people were scattered waiting throughout the resort rather than at one stop, so no mad dash when a bus pulls up.

My opinion is you don't know if you like another resort until you try it. I don't think there is really a Disney resort you can go wrong at, so if you try one and aren't fond of it, you're vacation won't be ruined - you just won't stay there next year!

I totally get what your dad is saying and I do agree with him. I feel that POFQ is the best moderate too for all of his reasons.

However, I get what you are saying too. It's good to try new places. What is his favourite park? If it is Epcot you could try the BC. I know that is much pricier, but what about a split stay somewhere?

hi - it's all a matter of perspective -

for the moderates - and having only 4 people or less - we love POFQ - but when my husband comes - we have 5 and we get PORS - CS & CB are good - but not as nice as PO resorts -

if you want to upgrade - the only deluxe we like is wilderness lodge - it's so unique -

but we're also DVC owners - and depending on what we want to do - MK oriented visits - or F&W visits - we choose resorts based on those locations -

so maybe the thing to do is ask your father what he's looking for - and base your changes on that -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter