Is POC worth staying home?

kcb

Earning My Ears
We are planning to go to the world sometime this year. We would like to go before it gets to hot but poc will not open till june, 30.
The heat really made our trip less magical in 2004, so maybe this fall. :confused3
What about hurricane season? :guilty:
Is it really that hot there in summer or was this a fluke? :crazy:
Somebody shoot me :headache:

Sorry, but yes, it really is that hot. I'm from Florida, 2 hours from Disney, and I won't go to the parks in the summer. While I love POTC I wouldn't plan my trip around it. There are so many other things to do. Go when the weather will be
cooler, you can see pirates next time. Have a great trip. :wave:

So when would you recommend this spring or next fall?

I'm terrible at decision making :confused3

Spring is nice if you can work around the crowds. October is still pretty hot, BUT there is MNSSHP and the food and wine festival. Both of which are great. I really like MNSSHP because they put up the halloween decorations just before each party and then take them down. They're never up during regular hours like Xmas decor is, it's the only time you'll see them.:cool1:

That being said, if you could go in the next month or so, the weather will be wonderful. It's in the 60s here tonight, that's cold for this time of year. Orlando is probably high 70s during the day, I wish I was there right now!

May is a nice time to go, because it's after the Easter/Spring Break madness and the glorious Flower & Garden Show is going on at Epcot in May. The hurricane season is from June to November and at it's height in August/September. Downside is, it's already pretty hot in Central FL in May.

How about a trip in early December? Hurricane season is over and the weather is nice. Also, the decorations are up!

I went in May. It was HOT! I went in Oct. it was HOT! I went in Nov. It was HOT! I went in Dec. It was HOT! I can't even imagine summer....I'd pick the best time possible to avoid crowds...it's most likely going to be hot no matter when you go! Good luck.

If you are looking for nice weather, try mid october thru mid may..that is when the temps and humidity are gone. From mid may thru mid october the weather is hot and sticky, not fun for Disney..not to mention rain and possible hurricanes.

i would just like to point out it was very chilly here today. I had to wear a coat to go to work.

We haven't had heat in Cleveland like they get in Florida since that heat wave of '94 or '95, I don't think.

It is horribly hot and humid. By 8:00 a.m. you can be sweating. I don't know how those people do it!

Don't wait for PoC. IMHO, it isn't THAT great a ride anyway.

Aren't alot of the rides closed during the off season? I mean Ihave never gotten to ride cop and I would like to before it goes bye-bye.
Has anyone heard of a HM rehab? Disney just wouldn't be disney without HM

IMHO, it is not worth planning around one attraction, regardless of what it is. There is usually something you want to see closed for one reason or another, and often you don't know far enough to plan around it anyway. I say pick the time for the trip baed on schedules and expected weather and crowds. Even if a couple of things are closed, there will always be plenty of attractions to enjoy.

Yes, you will find it very hot and humid in late June, and it usually stays that way until late October. The humidity doesn't start going away until November, and starts coming back in May.

If you are looking to go when it's cooler, November through early May might be your best bets. As far as hurricane season, it usually ends November 30th (the storms in December were a fluke and didn't bother FL). If you are concerned about hurricanes, then go in December or later. We went in December, and the weather was great.

I live about 45 minutes from Disney, and we went over for the day last weekend . We went to Epcot in the afternoon and I think it got pretty warm, especially in Future World.

I've been in July and it was miserable. August is miserable also and the summer crowds are killers. We always plan our trips in early January. We usually experience 10 minute waits and wonderful weather. We've only been twice when it was "cold". POC is a wonderful classic and I would hate to miss it. I don't know if I would replan my trip over it, but I would definately plan my trip around low crowds and good weather.

I live in North Florida and I was pretty happy about the weather there last September. It was hot, yes, but not unbearably so. But then again, I am a Floridian. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter