• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Peter Pan's Flight worth the long wait?

disneyvibe

Earning My Ears
After a few trips to the "World" so far, we've never actually made it into Peter Pan's Flight. This is because the wait time has always been over 45 minutes and sometimes longer than an hour.

I've tried watching videos of the ride but they were always so dark I couldn't really get a good idea what its like. Today, one of my favorite YT posters put up a really good HD video of Peter Pan that is not too dark and I have to admit it does look pretty cool. What should I do?

Is it worth going through the long line? I know we could use FastPass and rope drop to shorten the wait but we are not early risers and FP requires coming back and we usually don't. We are more the spontaneous types.

So if we get to Peter Pan this time and wait is again 45+ mins, should we do it? Someone told me although the sign says 45 minutes, its usually a lot shorter. Is this true?

It's a continuous ride, so while the line may take 45 minutes...you're constantly moving through it and it may "feel" short because you aren't standing still for too long.

I really love Peter Pan's Flight...and its definitely a classic, but I've never waited more than 20 minutes for it. I've also never used a fast pass. I just get there at Rope Drop...I hit Space Mountain, Peter Pan's Flight, then Thunder Mountain without much wait. Might be worth getting up early one day to check it out. :P

I don't know if the line would be shorter, but I really would suggest Rope Drop or Fastpass. I really like the ride, but I wouldn't wait that long for it. It's pretty neat to feel like you're flying, but I only wait in lines like that for coasters or something.

I love Peter Pan, but I've only ridden it once w/out a FP and it was around 9:30 in the morning and we waited WAY too long - 20 minutes probably. I will not ride it without a FP again or if it has no line. If it says 45, I wouldn't be surprised if it was really 45 or at least 40.

There is only one scene in the ride that I really like, where you're moving over the city below. Although the ride is pretty cool for a dark ride and you feel like you're flying, I'd rather spend my 45 minutes on Soarin'. The max I would wait for Peter Pan is 15 min.

unless you eat breathe and live peter pan I would not wait 45 minutes... you fly over the scenes from the story almost like flying over a diorama...It's a ride you must do at least once but I would never wait for it...:confused3

Get there at rope drop, or get a fastpass. Though the ride is old-school technology, it is a stone Disney classic. If you love (old) Disney, this attraction is a MUST.:earsboy:

When did this ride get so popular?!?!? When we went down in the 70's and 80's this was practically a walk-on ride most of the time. When we went in '95 the line was there, but short, maybe 1/2 hour at the most. Was I surprised when we went in '07 and this was one of the longest lines in Fantasyland!

When did this happen?

We just always go first thing or FP for Peterpan, its a great ride but not worth 45-60 minute wait. way to short to say differently

Lol. I've been on Peter Pan's Flight many a time and it's a good ride. It really is. It's not a GREAT ride. But a classic.

But actually, last year I asked the girl manning the entrance to the ride, I said to her, "This ride is ALWAYS a wait, even in the deadest time of the year. *** is up with that? It's not THAT great." And she just said, "It's just a very popular ride. I can't explain it. But I don't care. It's job security for me."

I liked that response.

When did this ride get so popular?!?!? When we went down in the 70's and 80's this was practically a walk-on ride most of the time. When we went in '95 the line was there, but short, maybe 1/2 hour at the most. Was I surprised when we went in '07 and this was one of the longest lines in Fantasyland!

When did this happen?

I'm sure its just the increase in crowds in general.

I am a Peter Pan ride lover. It's probably my favorite ride, because it reminds me of when I was a little kid and went to Disney World for the first time. That said, at this point, if I saw that the Stand-by line was 45 minutes long, I might not feel like waiting. Of course that's how I feel about ALL the rides. I would rather wake up early and wait for practically no time at all, than wait more than 30 minutes for any attraction. I would do it if I was with a child who had never been before, but the way I plan my trips I doubt it would even be an issue.

Apparently they DO overestimate Stand-By wait times, but that doesn't always work in your favor. Sometimes they will change the time to longer after you've only been waiting 5 minutes without your knowledge. Since they overestimate, you may still end up waiting only 45 minutes, but maybe not. They expect you to think that the wait is going to be 45 minutes, so if its shorter you feel lucky, but you don't start feeling antsy until you hit that 45 minute mark.

Since you've never been on it, I would recommend figuring out a way to ride it sometime. You can decide on the method that works best for you. Keep in mind that if you get a Fast Pass for it, you can return at any point after your Fast Pass return time to do it. You don't have to return during your window, so if you get a Fast Pass at 11am for 2pm, you could come back at 4pm and use your FP. Then you can still be mostly spontaneous while getting to experience the attraction.

I have to say YES. You get to ride in a pirate ship flying over London & Neverland. It's one of the rides that never gets old.

I love Peter Pan's Flight, its probably my favorite ride at Disney. I thinks its fun and beautiful. I love flying over London. Its a must see! Just thinking about it is making me jones for Disney! :goodvibes

I honestly don't think *any* ride is worth a 45 minute wait. But, I did think PP was pretty cool.

Honestly, I'd suck it up and get a FP and come back later. Yes, the ride is worth doing, but not for a 45 minute wait.

If you can't do RD, and don't like FP, then I would say it is worth it to wait the 45 minutes ONCE. I love that ride, and part of the experience of that ride for me is walking there first thing in the morning, and being one of the first families on the ride. However I have waited and I have to say the experience is * almost* as magical.

If you are a Disney fan, it is a classic, and you shouldn't miss it.

I believe the waits are shorter than the sign says on continually loading rides like, IASW, PP, Buzz and Space Ship earth. Would I wait 20 or 30 min for PP? No Id get a FP, its a fave of mine b/c I am a huge PP fan and I have to ride it atleast once a trip but I wouldnt wait more than 10 or 15 min in line for it.

not sure if you like to stay up late but I got on PP pretty quickly during the EMH that were til 2am.

I've tried watching videos of the ride but they were always so dark I couldn't really get a good idea what its like. Today, one of my favorite YT posters put up a really good HD video of Peter Pan that is not too dark and I have to admit it does look pretty cool. What should I do?

Hi DV, I'm glad the video helped you to see the ride better. This is exactly the reason I wanted to put together a high quality video to watch as the wait time is always very long. I staked outside :laughing: Peter Pan's Flight past midnight to get on the ride with a shorter wait.

If you've never done it before, you have to do it as it's a real classic. Try going on an EMH evening. The line is usually shorter then. I did the same thing with Toy Story Mania right before they shut down the line so the wait was much shorter.

Thank you for linking my video. I can't post them in this forum anymore. :goodvibes

It's one of my favorite rides - our whole family feels the same way. A true Disney classic, old-fashioned in all the good ways.

And no, I wouldn't wait 45 minutes for it. We get there at rope drop and walk on, right after Dumbo. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter