Is Palo Brunch still worth it without the Buffet?

Are they planning to change Palo on all of the ships from Italian to the new steakhouse concept?
I guess all they'd have to do is add steak to the menu. The rest of the PALO Streakhouse menu is basically the same as the regular Palo menu.

I guess all they'd have to do is add steak to the menu. The rest of the PALO Streakhouse menu is basically the same as the regular Palo menu.
They do have a sirloin steak available on the brunch menu

It's been posted here many times by people who have asked about it while at Palo. They all say the same thing, "no plans to bring the buffet back". Makes me sad.
That doesn't mean much, though. It just means "no current plans that the severs are aware of". Disney's been slow to bring back a lot of things and this might just be another one of those. They still haven't reopened 'AMA'AMA at Aulani, for instance, though it's finally going to happen this fall.

That doesn't mean much, though. It just means "no current plans that the severs are aware of". Disney's been slow to bring back a lot of things and this might just be another one of those. They still haven't reopened 'AMA'AMA at Aulani, for instance, though it's finally going to happen this fall.
That's why I gave no solid answer. Just that many people have asked on different ships and the answer is always the same...that they aren't planning to have the buffet again at Palo. I'm still hoping enough people are complaining about it, so they might change that. I really enjoyed the buffet aspect of brunch.

One day I'd love to see Aulani. It looks so beautiful.

I know I’m weird and strange. But I didn’t think that pertained to my dining habits at Palo. I didn’t think most people ordered an entree at Palo. I never ordered an entree for 6 visits until I had no choice in February. I always looked at what they offered and was not interested so went back to the buffet area.
As for the dinners they are fine and would not have a problem returning for a visit. My last one was a apology dinner for a adventure mistake on their part. Otherwise I’m happier with the MDR since I like to chat with the staff. But the deserts are far superior at Palo.

The brunch was to die for, this is just fancy lunch with no extra special experience. The limited cheese/olive/meat plate was just not extensive enough for me to compare and fall in love. I also felt super limited in the breakfast side of brunch. The fruity and sweet baked goods opportunity was too light or missing and savory dominated the menu.

Just off the Wish and ate brunch in Palo Steakhouse. We had the nice private room and brunch was spectacular! Complimentary Mimosa, many tasty danish (Almond Croissant & fruit tarts), bread and many great items to chose from. Chicken Parm is one of the best I ever had... I believe it is worth the $45.00 but I was comped due to Platinum.

Just off the Wish and ate brunch in Palo Steakhouse. We had the nice private room and brunch was spectacular! Complimentary Mimosa, many tasty danish (Almond Croissant & fruit tarts), bread and many great items to chose from. Chicken Parm is one of the best I ever had... I believe it is worth the $45.00 but I was comped due to Platinum.
OK, hate to ask because this topic is such a hot one but I really need an observation from a recent cruiser who has observed the new dress code: "Adult-exclusive restaurants aboard Disney Cruise Line ships are elegant dining experiences. Guests are requested to dress in a manner consistent with the restaurant’s sophistication. Formal or semi-formal attire is recommended. Dress casual attire with a polished look is permitted (such as dress pants, jeans in good condition, collared shirts and blouses and lifestyle shoes). Clothing such as T-shirts, swimwear and sports attire is not permitted."

So are golf shorts ("dress casual attire") permitted or are golf shorts "sports attire"? What did you see for men's attire at Palo brunch?

I am so grateful for the recent first hand experience and sorry for everyone who may be offended by my question.
Thanks

Can we order as many entrees as we want? Or only 1?
Removal of the buffet really shifted my brunch experience to focus more on the entrees, but I actually enjoyed them more than the brunch items. The eggs benedict are the best I've ever had (and I order them almost any time I can); the chicken parm is amazing, and the lasagna is other worldly.

We did Palo brunch and Palo dinner on our recent cruise. Dinner was good, but I won't do it again any time soon. Brunch remains a must-do for us. It was probably the highlight of our cruise.
Removal of the buffet really shifted my brunch experience to focus more on the entrees, but I actually enjoyed them more than the brunch items. The eggs benedict are the best I've ever had (and I order them almost any time I can); the chicken parm is amazing, and the lasagna is other worldly.

We did Palo brunch and Palo dinner on our recent cruise. Dinner was good, but I won't do it again any time soon. Brunch remains a must-do for us. It was probably the highlight of our cruise.

HI, when we were there, I did not notice anyone in shorts. Men had on long pants and women all wore pants or sundresses. In July I was at dinner and again, did not notice any shorts.
Besides the bread & pastries, I had the tomato soup, a delicious salad and one entree, the chicken parmesan. There was also a cheese board with a lot of parmesan cheese (we requested)! Many choices, you will not walk away hungry.

OK, hate to ask because this topic is such a hot one but I really need an observation from a recent cruiser who has observed the new dress code: "Adult-exclusive restaurants aboard Disney Cruise Line ships are elegant dining experiences. Guests are requested to dress in a manner consistent with the restaurant’s sophistication. Formal or semi-formal attire is recommended. Dress casual attire with a polished look is permitted (such as dress pants, jeans in good condition, collared shirts and blouses and lifestyle shoes). Clothing such as T-shirts, swimwear and sports attire is not permitted."

So are golf shorts ("dress casual attire") permitted or are golf shorts "sports attire"? What did you see for men's attire at Palo brunch?

I am so grateful for the recent first hand experience and sorry for everyone who may be offended by my question.
Thanks
Our friend was denied entry to Palo brunch in nice shorts - but that was way back in 2010.

I probably shouldn’t ask because it’s no longer available but what made the brunch buffet so special?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter