Is Pal Mickey worth the Dough?

stites1

Mouseketeer
He sounds cool, but expensive. We haven't ever been to Animal Kingdom and haven't seen Epcot or MGM in over a decade. I thought maybe the tips and trivia may make it worthwhile. Any suggestions?

we used it once (with a free day coupon)...after an hour or so, the "cuteness" factor was replaced by the nuisance factor....no one wanted to carry it..it does contain some interesting tid bits....but we would not use it again, and would be hard pressed to recommend....though a youngster may enjoy it.

Hi. Plutopuppy's daughter here. I bought Pal Mickey, and I thoguht he was very useful, but heavy to wear aroung your neck. All of the characters play with it and that, so if you want those special experiences-here I am, sounding like a video- then get him. Watch out for tweedledee and tweedledum, dubbed"The mickey stealers" by my family- they took him right off of my neck and began to play "Mickey in the middle" Not funny. He also points out cool things- like the dragon in the stones in AK. Have a good trip!!

He's cute, but frankly, you can't hear his little voice as you walk through the park (that is if you remember to hold him up as you enter the park to activate him). If you have a long drive to WDW, then the kids will enjoy in the car, but that is about it!

The initial use of PM was great, but like the OP'ers mentioned, after a short while, it becomes a pain to carry around, or clipped on your belt. After the first day, it stayed in the room and never made it back to the parks.

We only paid $13 and I thought it was a waste of money! Couldn't hear it as another poster stated. Annoying to carry. We never used it. My son wasn't even thrilled with it.

I agree with above posters that Pal Mickey is a bit cumbersome to carry (DH clipped him to his belt), BUT, we thought it was worth it for our (then) 5 yr old. It distracted him when waiting in lines. For preschool-aged children I do think it is worth it.

I'll let you know when we get back! I have one and will be using it next week.

Contrary to the opinions expressed here many people i have heard from have said they loved it. They have said that it helps entertain the youngest(mine is 4) and gives him something to hug when they get nervous about rides. They have also said the information was neat and helpful.

Plus when you can sell him on ebay for almost what you paid for him!

My dd will only be 2 1/2 when we go in November, so I'm going to try it for her. Even at home, she carries her "Mimmie" around all day, so I doubt she'll get sick of one that talks to her! But if she does, we can always tuck it underneath the stroller for a little while as we walk around. If we weren't going to have a stroller to carry all our stuff for us, I might rethink getting a PM, because I doubt I would want to carry it all week!

Could anyone share their experience with PM for 2-3 yr olds?

Tribus121's wife. Thanks for asking about the Pal Mickey. My hubby wants to get one for our DD who is 4 years old. I can honestly say that I can tell him to forget getting the toy, especially with the bad publicity that is here.

Tribus121's wife
:banana:

We just returned from Disney last month and our DD12 had grammie money to burn, so she got one!! For even her age it was great!! They tell you about all kinds of park info keeps anyone from boredom and told us if some lines at certain rides were quick!!! Expensive? yes, our DD paid 65US for him......worth itfor a dream of a lifetime....YES!! Smaller kids would defineitely enjoy the interaction and he is cute, well made and....well, MICKEY! Just our 2cents

The only problem with mickey is , that even though you can still listen to him when you leave the park, he has no idea where he is. :rotfl2:

Hmmmm maybe I am not talking about the same thing!? My DD's PM tells great features in the parks(some we actually would've missed and I'll bet you most people do!) and when we were out of the parks she played games with him....over and over but still....even 12 yr olds have the "when are we going to get there" mode. Renting one!?? sounds like some may have....we did not see that opportunity the first few days. Maybe that explains why one poster said they paid $15! I still think all in all its a great thing(for us) my regret?? I didn't let her buy it day 1, wemade her 'think about the purchase size in comparasion to her funds' ...she never regretted the purchase.

You used to be able to rent him but not anymore. Disney found that pmost people were keeping him instead of returning him and so decided to stop renting him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter