Is Pal Mickey worth getting ?

that's the number to call to order one. the other number given is for WDW Merchandising - the only option there is the current one.

the main difference between the tuxedo version and the current is that the current is dressed as sorcerer mickey and the tuxedo one is wearing a tuxedo. but you can buy additional outfits for them as well.

it's $33 from the outlet and $9.95 for ground shipping, which you're supposed to allow 10-20 business days for. i believe they have expedited shipping as well.

Ours came in about 8 days. We ordered over the Phone March 24 at around 5pm, and it arrived today.:thumbsup2

there are 2 1/2 versions. ideally you want one of the latest 2 (tuxedo mickey or sorcerer mickey). the tuxedo was the HCOE version which promptly was pulled off the shelves even before the celebration ended as I recall. I've heard reports that the outlet is selling him for $35. full retail for a new (sorcerer) one is $65.

i think the biggest complaint i've ever heard about him is just lugging him around. the newer versions do come with a neck lanyard. if you can justify the price ($65 is a bit steep to me, but $35 sounds pretty sweet) and someone's willing to carry him, go for it.

he also operates at home / away from the parks via games and jokes.

Do you have a website on were I might be able to buy this discount Pal Mickey? Or the phone# for the merchandise dept. would be the best bet to get the discount Pal Mickey?

ok, let me rephrase that. i knew they're slow on the delivery, so I asked and the response I got was literally 'we're supposed to say allow 10-20 business days'

being in NYC, i expect to get it much sooner, but my trip is mid-may so that was my biggest concern. now my other concern is i'm wondering if i should have bought 2 of them.

We LOVED our Pal Mickey. I always carried the bag (small backpack) and my husband always carried the PM, and there were a million little things we would have missed without him. We're, um, enormously huge parrot lovers (having three at home) and we had no idea that there were so many species of macaws tucked around the Tree of Life in AK. All the guidebook and Disboard reading didn't tell me that, and PM reminded us where all the animals in AK were. We also got a lot of short line tips from him, which was fantastic. I can't wait to bring him back when we go with our friends in December.

My question is.. the box states he says 700 phrases. Right now we can only hear him say about 10. Will he say more once we get to the parks?

Do you have a website on were I might be able to buy this discount Pal Mickey? Or the phone# for the merchandise dept. would be the best bet to get the discount Pal Mickey?

okay, 3rd time i'm posting this in this thread, so i'm just assuming you're genuinely asking.. call the disney outlet at 407-354-3255. the tuxedo / HCOE edition is about $43 total with shipping.

My question is.. the box states he says 700 phrases. Right now we can only hear him say about 10. Will he say more once we get to the parks?

if he's spewing out park stuff, he's either off or in demo mode, whichever it is on that edition. read the directions :) at home, you can put him into game or joke mode. at the parks, he'll be able to say a LOT more depending on where you are (and the time of day).

IIRC, at least for the first version, it has something to do with holding his hand for a few seconds. one is joke mode, one is game mode. i'm sure i'm totally wrong on that tho.

And remember that the parks sell different outfits for your new PALs - if you want to give them some originality. You can get a Pirate outfit, a Mickey Mouse Club outfit (really cute red baseball hat and t-shirt - and a waist pack too!), a Santa outfit, and a rain slicker with rain boots. Almost forgot the Safari outfit!

He's adorable! My Pal even has a pin trading lanyard that he wears in the parks with mini pins on it!

Absolutely.

Mickey's nose contains the IR receivers, so when you get to the parks, keep him pointed in front of you. Disney has planted hundreds of IR transmitters (some well-hidden, others, not so much) throughout the parks that tell Mickey where he is, and cue him to play one of those 700 phrases (this also makes "hacking" the system impossible, as each individual PM comes preprogrammed with all the phrases -- you might be able to hack one PM, but the changes you make to yours wouldn't affect anyone else's). PM also remembers what he's told you, so if you pass by the same transmitter twice in the same day he'll tell a joke or some trivia instead.

I know Disney planned originally on making other "Pals" available (Pal Goofy and Pal Winnie the Pooh have been talked about) but nothing has happened yet -- IMHO, I think the sales of Pal Mickey must have been disappointing. I don't see that many in the parks, to be honest (about 10 or so when I'm working at an E-Ticket attraction that attracts literally tens of thousands a day). Then again, I know a LOT of folks have trouble shelling out $65+ for what they perceive to be merely a plush toy that talks.

I think Pal Mickey needs some work still -- I once had him tell me there was a ten minute line for Test Track while I was standing in front of the Info board which displayed a 60 minute wait. He also cannot be upgraded to contain information about new attractions like the Laugh Floor -- you have to trade in your beloved old PM for a new model (which will run you about $45).

pal mickey is definately worth getting, because i did just order one. i order the new sorcerer one today! i am counting down the days until he comess! so excited!!!! :banana:

Catrinabeach....We never go during the summer since we have the Florida Seasonal pass, if you like you can borrow ours and see if you like it. I don't have a problem shipping it to you. Let me know, Bill

Thank you for the offer Bill. I just PM you !

hmmm, I'm glad someone asked about this, I was actually wondering if Pal Mickey is worth getting! It almost sounds like he is, and I would definitely think its a fun thing to have...but after some people's experiences with him I think I'll hold off until they work out the kinks. But maybe by then they'll stop selling him :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter