• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Pal Mickey Still Supported?

I had heard he still functions, but do they update the content?:earsboy:

I had heard he still functions, but do they update the content?:earsboy:

Pal Mickey can't be updated.
He does not play "live content" but only says pre-recorded phrases.

The electronic "cues" that trigger him to talk about the attractions as you approach them are still in operation.

He can only "talk about" attractions that were built (or being built)
when your model of Pal Mickey was manufactured.
(Which, BTW, is MOST attractions at WDW.)

He can also be triggered to say things like, "I hear a parade is about to start, better get ready."
(or similar.)

The WDW website used to have info about Pal Mickey on it. That is now gone so I called the general info line to see. The lady I spoke to said that it hasn't worked in the parks in two years. Does this sound correct to anyone?

The WDW website used to have info about Pal Mickey on it. That is now gone so I called the general info line to see. The lady I spoke to said that it hasn't worked in the parks in two years. Does this sound correct to anyone?

Phone CM's don't always give out correct info, even on things they should know about like questions on tickets.

When I went on my 2012 trip my pal Mickey still worked... That being said he didn't have any updated phrases, but would still tell you when the parade was going to start and when certain rides had short lines.

I wish I could find mine. My what will be 8 year old may like it next year

bought our pal mickey off ebay in 2005 for $40. Sold on ebay in 2008 for $85.

You'd think with the rfid rollout, another toy like the Pal Mickey toy would be a perfect fit.
Pal Duffy or something.

Walk past a food vendor, "Hey Jimmy, that cotton candy sure smells good".
"Hey Jimmy, have you tried Lefou's brew?"

"Hey Jimmy, the line on space mountain is only 15 minutes"

I would love to see a new updated version that was smaller. I loved taking Pal Mickey to the parks, but I quit taking him because he was so cumbersome. I wish they could make one that was only about 5-6 inches tall that you could clip onto a backpack or belt loop. Maybe it could even include a port to plug in earbuds so you could actually hear what he was saying without having to hold him up to your ear in the middle of a big crowd. Just a magical dream.....sigh

I would love to see a new updated version that was smaller. I loved taking Pal Mickey to the parks, but I quit taking him because he was so cumbersome. I wish they could make one that was only about 5-6 inches tall that you could clip onto a backpack or belt loop. Maybe it could even include a port to plug in earbuds so you could actually hear what he was saying without having to hold him up to your ear in the middle of a big crowd. Just a magical dream.....sigh

I think the deal is that there will be an app for that. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter