Is our City's Manhunt in your news?

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Handbag Lady, Feb 7, 2013.

1. diznygirl

diznygirl <font color=701e72>I have a symmetry thing<br><fon

Not to excuse the cops - but to explain a little more, these women were delivering newspapers in the early morning hours while it was still dark and driving without their lights on while near a house that was under police protection from a man with a shotgun driving the same type vehicle.

I can see where they would be concerned about the vehicle. And I know that the fugitive fired on two officers without any warning, so these cops were worried about that as well.

BUT I've seen photos of the amount of bullet holes in that truck - holy over-reaction!! That was soooo unnecessary. I can see an immediate law suit being won by those women.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Handbag Lady

Handbag Lady Disneyland Bride 2000

I've been working so not paying total attention. They are still looking around Big Bear?

I wonder if he's in someplace like SF, since he mentioned tactical events or such in his manifesto.

4. diznygirl

They confirmed that it was his truck found burnt out in Big Bear. And some people say he was seen there.

Could be he's smarter than all that and is throwing them off his trail. I hope not. He's totally nutters and armed. I hope he's found quickly.

5. pixiewings71

pixiewings71 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Sweet!!! Totally!!!!

It really is so heartbreaking. :(

Very scary, we are very familiar with the area she was last seen. Hits very close to home. I'm glad to hear it has been on the news in SF, hopefully it helps find the sick person who did this. :(

OP I did see this story on MSN after I posted this. WOW! Scary as well. I hope they find him as well. :)

6. sasywtch

sasywtch DIS Veteran

I pass under 4 Amber Alert signs on the freeway to work and saw the "call 911" if you see and wondered if that was his truck since it didn't say Amber Alert.
    So now he's killed another police officer stopped at a light, injured the other one, killed the daughter/fiance, burned his truck and tried to steal a boat in San Diego. Maybe he went to Mexico? (hoping)

7. mamacatnv

mamacatnv That be a Mum Y'all - a Texas Mum

It made the Austin, TX news last night and again this morning

8. diznygirl

No, he tried to steal the boat a couple days ago and then shot the cops and then his truck was found in Big Bear. So they are still concentrating their search there. Lots of empty vacation cabins he could hide in.

9. Uncle Remus

Uncle Remus Raconteur / can't name 'em Jeb

This is definitely a national news story now.

10. Soldier's*Sweeties

Soldier's*Sweeties DIS Veteran

I hope they find him soon. It's scary to know that someone so trained in both police and military tactics can snap like this. It makes hunting him so much more complicated and dangerous.

11. Glynis

Glynis <font color=indigo>Taking applications for a WDW t

It's a pretty big story here, too. Just awful! I just found out that he went to the same university I did! Scary!! Luckily, I'm much older, so I never interacted with him, but he did play football for our team.

12. 3 MEN AND A BOAT

3 MEN AND A BOAT DIS Veteran

If the average/everyday citizen had done this it would amount to more than a law suit.

13. Stitchfans

Stitchfans Tres Charming

This is the first I heard of it.

14. diznygirl

True. I wonder if those officers will lose their jobs.

15. Bonnie151

Bonnie151 DIS Veteran

This has actually been one of the headline news stories all day on Radio Forth in Edinburgh! I'm a bit confused as to why, 6000 odd miles away it's considered such a big story here (no offense!) - hope he's caught soon!

16. MolonLabe

MolonLabe DTOM

At a minimum they should be fired. You just can't go shooting at random people.

I'd like to see some dash cam footage and find out if these madmen should be facing attempted murder charges.

17. MolonLabe

MolonLabe DTOM

The interesting thing about the police response is, it completely validates the claims the rouge cop made about excessive force, brutality and complete lack of regard for the safety or lives of the citizens his former department was sworn to protect.

It makes you wonder if the reason they are after this guy so hard is to silence a whistle blower, not just stop a cop who killed a coworker.

18. bananasplitkids

bananasplitkids Mouseketeer

I was thinking the same thing.

19. Handbag Lady

Handbag Lady Disneyland Bride 2000

The news today on this story is that they are re-opening his dismissal case.

Don't get me wrong, the guy is crazy for killing the people he killed, but there has GOT to be a reason behind his madness. It is a shame that he had to go to extremes to get the attention, however.

20. kaligal

kaligal DIS Veteran

They want to stop him before he kills them. That's their big motivation.

He may have been fired for bad reasons. He may have been completely right and they may have been jerks, crooks or both.

But he is obviously nuts.

Plus, you don't get to go around killing women because you're mad at your old co-workers. Write a book, file a lawsuit, whatever. No killing women.

The guy isn't going to be taken alive, I don't think. I think more people will die before it is over.

The cops don't get to fire at paper delivery people, either. They should face the same charges I would if I got scared and shot at their car as they drove past my house. I don't think they WILL, but they absolutely should.

If they continue to allow cops to shoot at unarmed citizens in this country, they're going to fine a whole lot more people shooting at cops...and none of that is any good for anyone.

21. PaulaSB12

PaulaSB12 DIS Veteran

Well they have the world's attention now they shot a van up with two women in it

http://******************/article/l...her-daughter-by-mistake-during-dorner-manhunt
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wspapers.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#axzz2KTsBEQVy
    The two women were distributing copies of the Los Angeles Times before the terrifying incident. They were driving an aqua blue Toyota Tacoma unlike the description of the Dorner's vehicle, a gray Nissan Titan.