Is our City's Manhunt in your news?

To me this is the bigger story!
Also I heard on the radio he is driving a Nissan Titan, while the picture of the shot up vehicle just now on the news was a Toyota.

Not to excuse the cops - but to explain a little more, these women were delivering newspapers in the early morning hours while it was still dark and driving without their lights on while near a house that was under police protection from a man with a shotgun driving the same type vehicle.

I can see where they would be concerned about the vehicle. And I know that the fugitive fired on two officers without any warning, so these cops were worried about that as well.

BUT I've seen photos of the amount of bullet holes in that truck - holy over-reaction!! That was soooo unnecessary. I can see an immediate law suit being won by those women.

I've been working so not paying total attention. They are still looking around Big Bear?

I wonder if he's in someplace like SF, since he mentioned tactical events or such in his manifesto.

I've been working so not paying total attention. They are still looking around Big Bear?

I wonder if he's in someplace like SF, since he mentioned tactical events or such in his manifesto.

They confirmed that it was his truck found burnt out in Big Bear. And some people say he was seen there.

Could be he's smarter than all that and is throwing them off his trail. I hope not. He's totally nutters and armed. I hope he's found quickly.

No, it didn't hit our news here. How awful for her.

It really is so heartbreaking. :(

Yes, they've been covering it every day on the SF news channels. So sad. And it's scary when it's so close to home.

And the early morning news and the noon news have been all over the Chris Dorner story. There have been warnings that he may head North, but they don't have any proof that he's on his way here. Sounds like he's unpredictable. Another sad story.

Very scary, we are very familiar with the area she was last seen. Hits very close to home. I'm glad to hear it has been on the news in SF, hopefully it helps find the sick person who did this. :(

OP I did see this story on MSN after I posted this. WOW! Scary as well. I hope they find him as well. :)

I pass under 4 Amber Alert signs on the freeway to work and saw the "call 911" if you see and wondered if that was his truck since it didn't say Amber Alert.
So now he's killed another police officer stopped at a light, injured the other one, killed the daughter/fiance, burned his truck and tried to steal a boat in San Diego. Maybe he went to Mexico? (hoping)

It made the Austin, TX news last night and again this morning

I pass under 4 Amber Alert signs on the freeway to work and saw the "call 911" if you see and wondered if that was his truck since it didn't say Amber Alert.
So now he's killed another police officer stopped at a light, injured the other one, killed the daughter/fiance, burned his truck and tried to steal a boat in San Diego. Maybe he went to Mexico? (hoping)

No, he tried to steal the boat a couple days ago and then shot the cops and then his truck was found in Big Bear. So they are still concentrating their search there. Lots of empty vacation cabins he could hide in.

I hope they find him soon. It's scary to know that someone so trained in both police and military tactics can snap like this. It makes hunting him so much more complicated and dangerous.

It's a pretty big story here, too. Just awful! I just found out that he went to the same university I did! Scary!! Luckily, I'm much older, so I never interacted with him, but he did play football for our team.

diznygirl said:
Not to excuse the cops - but to explain a little more, these women were delivering newspapers in the early morning hours while it was still dark and driving without their lights on while near a house that was under police protection from a man with a shotgun driving the same type vehicle.

I can see where they would be concerned about the vehicle. And I know that the fugitive fired on two officers without any warning, so these cops were worried about that as well.

BUT I've seen photos of the amount of bullet holes in that truck - holy over-reaction!! That was soooo unnecessary. I can see an immediate law suit being won by those women.

If the average/everyday citizen had done this it would amount to more than a law suit.

This has actually been one of the headline news stories all day on Radio Forth in Edinburgh! I'm a bit confused as to why, 6000 odd miles away it's considered such a big story here (no offense!) - hope he's caught soon!

The interesting thing about the police response is, it completely validates the claims the rouge cop made about excessive force, brutality and complete lack of regard for the safety or lives of the citizens his former department was sworn to protect.

It makes you wonder if the reason they are after this guy so hard is to silence a whistle blower, not just stop a cop who killed a coworker.

The interesting thing about the police response is, it completely validates the claims the rouge cop made about excessive force, brutality and complete lack of regard for the safety or lives of the citizens his former department was sworn to protect.

It makes you wonder if the reason they are after this guy so hard is to silence a whistle blower, not just stop a cop who killed a coworker.

I was thinking the same thing.

The news today on this story is that they are re-opening his dismissal case.

Don't get me wrong, the guy is crazy for killing the people he killed, but there has GOT to be a reason behind his madness. It is a shame that he had to go to extremes to get the attention, however.

They want to stop him before he kills them. That's their big motivation.

He may have been fired for bad reasons. He may have been completely right and they may have been jerks, crooks or both.

But he is obviously nuts.

Plus, you don't get to go around killing women because you're mad at your old co-workers. Write a book, file a lawsuit, whatever. No killing women.

The guy isn't going to be taken alive, I don't think. I think more people will die before it is over.

The cops don't get to fire at paper delivery people, either. They should face the same charges I would if I got scared and shot at their car as they drove past my house. I don't think they WILL, but they absolutely should.

If they continue to allow cops to shoot at unarmed citizens in this country, they're going to fine a whole lot more people shooting at cops...and none of that is any good for anyone.

I expected to see a thread here already about this. There are more things going on that are not in this article, mainly, anyone with his type of vehicle are being treated unusually by police. I'm trying to find a print story for those as well.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/christophe...icer-attempted-flee-country/story?id=18427632

The fired ex-California cop who set off a region-wide manhunt after allegedly shooting three police officers this morning -- one fatally -- had initially gone to a yacht club near San Diego where police say he attempted to steal a boat and flee to Mexico.

Police say that former police officer Christopher Jordan Dorner, 33, who officials believe posted an online manifesto outlining his plan to "terminate" his former colleagues and their families, is armed with a long gun and might have several other guns and high-capacity magazines. He is also believed to have access to military uniforms because he has served in the Navy.

"We are considering him armed and dangerous," Lt. Julia Engen of the Irvine Police Department said.

Police allege that he went to the yacht club Wednesday night at Point Loma, Calif., near San Diego to steal the boat. He aborted the attempted theft when the boat's propeller became entangled in robe, law enforcement officials said. It was at that point he is believed to have headed to Riverside, where he allegedly shot two police officers.

"He pointed a handgun at the victim [at the yacht club] and demanded the boat," Lt. David Rohowits of the San Diego Police Department said.

Police say the expert marksman shot at four officers in two incidents overnight, hitting three of them: one in Corona, Calif., and the two in Riverside, Calif
Well they have the world's attention now they shot a van up with two women in it

http://******************/article/l...her-daughter-by-mistake-during-dorner-manhunt
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wspapers.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#axzz2KTsBEQVy
The two women were distributing copies of the Los Angeles Times before the terrifying incident. They were driving an aqua blue Toyota Tacoma unlike the description of the Dorner's vehicle, a gray Nissan Titan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter